T-Mac to the Heat?

Discussion in 'Miami Heat' started by HPVSOR, Jun 17, 2004.

1. HPVSOR

HPVSOR JBB JustBBall Member

This may come true. Listening to the Sedano sports show ( and if you know him, you know he has good connections and rarely speaks without knowing), the Miami Heat are very interested in a possible trade with the Orlando Magic for Tracy McGrady. The Heat are willing to part with Eddie Jones, Caron Butler, and if necessary Brian Grant ( but not likely). Don't get too excited...there are plenty a-teams interested too, including, Indiana, Houston, Vancouver, among others. But, hey...rumors is how it all starts!!

2. Captain Quicks

Captain Quicks JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Originally posted by HPVSOR
    Don't get too excited...there are plenty a-teams interested too, including, Indiana, Houston, Vancouver, among others. But, hey...rumors is how it all starts!!</div>
    Vancouver?????????????????????????Boy you need to catch up, The Grizzlies are in Memphis now and have been for a few years. You gotta link for this rumor?

3. HPVSOR

HPVSOR JBB JustBBall Member

That's my bad...old habits are hard to get rid of. Memphis.

4. og15

og15 JBB *********

we have Dwyane Wade and Odom, the other Florida team doesn't need Tmac, sorry, unless the Magic want to do a trade for Eddie Jones [​IMG]

5. westsidecronicl

westsidecronicl JBB JustBBall Member

I doubt anything like that is going to happen. Orlando is probably going to try their hardest to keep T-Mac, because if they just get their act together, they can be an O.K. team. But hey, it could happen (That's from McDonald's. [​IMG])

6. bbwTwinTowers

bbwTwinTowers BBW Member

Nothing is going to happen with magic and heat, if there was it is not with tracy mcgrady

7. Accord

Accord JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TwinTowers:</div><div class="quote_post">Nothing is going to happen with magic and heat, if there was it is not with tracy mcgrady</div>

I agree, nothing is going to happen involving T-Mac and the Heat. There are other teams out there willing to trade their superstar franchise players for T-Mac, so there's absolutely no reason the Magic would even think of dealing with the Heat unless Odom or Wade was involved in the trade, which simply won't happen.

If T-Mac is infact going to be traded, then the most likely candidate is Houston.

8. Ice

Ice JBB Member

Both Eddie Jones and Brain Grant are making 12 million next year, right behind McGrady's 13 million. Due to salary cap, a deal involving those two would be unlikely. Now, if Grant isn't part of the deal - I don't see why Orlando would even consider it. Caron Butler has a great future in the league, but he and Jones wouldn't be worth McGrady and his 30 PPG.

Like Accord said, Houston would be the most logical place.

9. og15

og15 JBB *********

Actually Jones and Grant are making 13 million next year, they made 12 million this year, Tmac made 13 this year and is making 14 next year, but I agree, nothing is going down between these two teams.

10. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I dont know how this would happen because eddie jones and brian grant both have a really huge contracts and are left unprotected in the expansion draft. So if the bobcats select any of those two this rumor would go down the drain. Plus trading caron butler would be stupid imo because he has alot of talent and a great future so you dont want to regret doing that because you never know.

11. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

This doesn't work if you ask me, only if he'd be replacing Eddie Jones. Both are great scorers and good rebounders in the sense they jump well. However although Eddie Jones is leaving us now, Tracy McGrady may be the better scorer but we must not forget Eddie Jones was a great defender when he was still a part of the Lakers. TMac however is not, he does have a size and strength advantage though compared to Eddie Jones.

Although I don't see this happening also, although Brian Grant and Eddie Jones have left, we need to use the money for something better than what depth he'd bring us. Brian Grant was a good C, but we need somebody who we can call a great C, that's what we need the most right now in order to contend. I suggest Dampier.

12. $hawnMarion31

$hawnMarion31 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Magic Johnson:</div><div class="quote_post">This doesn't work if you ask me, only if he'd be replacing Eddie Jones. Both are great scorers and good rebounders in the sense they jump well. However although Eddie Jones is leaving us now, Tracy McGrady may be the better scorer but we must not forget Eddie Jones was a great defender when he was still a part of the Lakers. TMac however is not, he does have a size and strength advantage though compared to Eddie Jones.

Although I don't see this happening also, although Brian Grant and Eddie Jones have left, we need to use the money for something better than what depth he'd bring us. Brian Grant was a good C, but we need somebody who we can call a great C, that's what we need the most right now in order to contend. I suggest Dampier.</div>

well, heat and orlando being my fav teams, i rather see T-MAC stay, since we do need to invest a center, but of course, give props to Grant for holdin' it down.

13. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

Orlando will hear plenty of good offers, and this one isn't even good for Orlando IMO. Both Eddie Jones and Grant are considered highly overpaid players, and even with the packaging of Butler I don't think it's a very good deal. Like I said, there are too many better options for this one to happen.

14. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Pure Skillz:</div><div class="quote_post">I dont know how this would happen because eddie jones and brian grant both have a really huge contracts and are left unprotected in the expansion draft. So if the bobcats select any of those two this rumor would go down the drain. Plus trading caron butler would be stupid imo because he has alot of talent and a great future so you dont want to regret doing that because you never know.</div>
    Don't worry the Bobcats won't select either of them, we want them too, but it's not happening [​IMG]

15. Dev-ron

Dev-ron JBB JustBBall Member

T-mac and Wade SMH!!! if it did happen thats a hell of a 1,2 punch

16. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

I can't see the Magic taking less than Wade and more.(just looking at other trade rumors)