Talk about T-mac this season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by soaring guy, Nov 5, 2006.

1. soaring guy

soaring guy JBB JustBBall Member

Mavs@Rockets (11/4)
    Yao Ming scored 36 points and Houston blew out Dallas at home 107-76.
    You know,t-mac missed all the free throws in this game.
    I think he has to improve it and post more balls to Yao.

2. Johnny33

Johnny33 JBB JustBBall Member

TMac just has to find his shot. Then again he hasn't played a lot of bball in the last 8 months or so, so give him a break. You don't go from scoring titles to scrub just like that. I just hope he breaks out of his slump sooner rather than later because once he starts thinking about it too much, it will take that much longer to gain his confidence back.

3. Sniper

Sniper JBB Long Range Assassin

<div class="quote_poster">johnny33 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I just hope he breaks out of his slump sooner rather than later because once he starts thinking about it too much, it will take that much longer to gain his confidence back.</div>

Since he's shooting exactly 50% from the free throw line, I'd say he's past the point of thinking about it too much. Making free throws is mostly a mental thing, afterall. I wouldn't be so concerned if it was just 2 games, but he shot like 55% in the preseason as well.

Who knows what's up with this guy...

4. Johnny33

Johnny33 JBB JustBBall Member

I think he's pressing too much. He came into training camp with a lot of expectations on himself and his team (and with a lot to prove) and when things aren't going his way, ie. FT and FG/3P shooting, I think he's thinking about it more than he used to. Especially after being away from the game for so long. I think he's probably best served doing what he did against NOK and being a decoy and distributor, not putting pressure on himself to score.

5. Answer_AI03

Answer_AI03 JBB JustBBall Member

yao ming should be the number one option anyway, and the rest of the team should just get shots when yao is doubled or trippled. mcrady should still at least be an all-star player, but i think the team would benefit from yao touching the ball every single time down the floor.

6. blueracer

blueracer JBB JustBBall Member

Maybe the new ball affected TMac's shooting[​IMG] It maybe one of the factors though, honestly. Another thing is his FT shooting. He seems to be releasing it way too strong or carelessly. He should do something about it otherwise teams might be doing the "Hack A TMac" in do or die or end game situations. Same goes to Battier's FT shooting.

7. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

^^^^nice sig

I really do think the ball might be effecting tracy's ft shooting and his shooting in general.

8. ownage

ownage JBB JustBBall Member

^^

Yea sadly it might be true.

Now first of all I know, I know, saying the ball if affecting the players shooting is a lame excuse but it might be true. Look at the statistics:

Peja Stojakovic is shooting 50% this season at the Ft line
    and this guy shot 91.5% last season.

LeBron who is career 74% FT shooter is shooting 63% so far this season (17-27).

Now T-Mac is shooting bad.

9. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

to hell with the ball and david stern.

10. Pakman

Pakman JBB ITS ON ME!!!

I think its something else besides the ball.
    I think there might be a problem in Tmac's personal life or something.

11. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 JBB JustBBall Member

His shot is flat and he often shoots when his feet aren't set. As far as free throws.....it's all mental.

12. Pakman

Pakman JBB ITS ON ME!!!

I think it might be ... that its harder to make FLAT shots with the new ball since its so bouncy around the rim?

13. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Pakman Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I think it might be ... that its harder to make FLAT shots with the new ball since its so bouncy around the rim?</div>

Yeah, if you notice they all bounce hard off the back of the rim. Just needs more arc on his shot, I'm sure he'll get the feel for the ball soon.

14. blueracer

<div class="quote_poster">THE DREAM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">^^^^nice sig

</div>

Thanks! I just don't know how to make it wider.

Like pakman and blurr#7 have said the ball has a different bounce on the board and the rim so Tmac have to make some adjustments on his shot. Right now his role has been more of a playmaker. Until he comes back to his own dominating self, Yao and the rest should step up each night. Hayes has been benefiting from TMac's plays a lot. It has increased Haye's confidence to contibute on scoring.

15. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

Yeah tmac needs to put some arc on his jumper. He shots too flat, and about his shooting, I definetly think its because of the ball. He is just not used to it, and I definetly think his shot will come back. Our number scoring leader in my opinion will be Yao with about 24 ppg, and Tmac with 22 ppg, the rest of the scoring will come from Battier, Hayes, Head, Wells and our bench.

16. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">blueracer Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Thanks! I just don't know how to make it wider.

Like pakman and blurr#7 have said the ball has a different bounce on the board and the rim so Tmac have to make some adjustments on his shot. Right now his role has been more of a playmaker. Until he comes back to his own dominating self, Yao and the rest should step up each night. Hayes has been benefiting from TMac's plays a lot. It has increased Haye's confidence to contibute on scoring.</div>
    I tried to resize it blueracer:
    [​IMG]

17. Laker_fan

Laker_fan JBB JustBBall Member

You can't blame the ball. How do you explain 95% of the rest of the league shooting as expected? At least his rebounding and assisting numbers are up. If he improves his shot selection, he'll soon be shooting 45% and above.

18. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

<div class="quote_poster">Laker_fan Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">You can't blame the ball. How do you explain 95% of the rest of the league shooting as expected? At least his rebounding and assisting numbers are up. If he improves his shot selection, he'll soon be shooting 45% and above.</div>

It could effect players differently.

Personally, I think it has more to do with him trying to deal with his lost athleticism. He doesn't have the same explosiveness he used to have, and he relies on getting good lift on those jumpers. It hasn't been there, and you can see that he's trying to adjust his stroke while in midair to compensate for that (there's a noticeable hitch). But that doesn't explain the poor free throw shooting.

19. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Laker_fan Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">You can't blame the ball. How do you explain 95% of the rest of the league shooting as expected? At least his rebounding and assisting numbers are up. If he improves his shot selection, he'll soon be shooting 45% and above.</div>
    No, no, it's not shot selection that's making him shoot 8.3% 3PT, 63% FT, and 33% FG, his shots just aren't falling. Even with bad shot selection, these guys can shoot much better than that, but from what I've seen, his shot selection hasn't been bad.

20. blueracer

<div class="quote_poster">SkiptoMyLue11 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I tried to resize it blueracer:
    </div>

Thanks a lot skiptomylue11 ! I already uploaded it.

Looks like TMac has regain his touch tonight against the Bucks. I hope he continues to progress on his shots.