The Durant Thread

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Rastapopoulos, Jun 24, 2022.

1. BIG Q

BIG Q Well-Known Member

I won a state wrestling title in the David Douglas gym. Beat a DD wrestler in the semifinal. It was loud! Huge gym.

2. inconceivable

inconceivable Well-Known Member

Did Minnesota offeer Brooklyn for Durant what they offered Utah for Gobert?

Chatter is the Nets are using the Wolves-Jazz trade as blueprint for Durant's value.

3. tykendo

tykendo Don't Tread On PDX

Tim Connelly screwed the pooch for every other NBA franchise going forward.

4. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

I guess they can all try to get a similar haul. But it is so stupid when teams think that a new standard has been created each time another team sends out more than what seems practical. It is like when someone overpays for a house in a neighborhood that they personally just really want to live in. I had a friend who greatly overpaid for a house just because his wife wanted to live next to her best friend. The house wasn't even for sale but his wife really wanted it. Should other sellers hold out for a similar price just because my friend was a PW freaking moron? Maybe Minnesota thought they already had an abundance of young players and the draft picks were just not as valuable as a rim protector. Seems stupid to me, but maybe it was the right move at this very moment for the wolves.
    I just don't think it is for any other team.

5. Predator

Predator The Godfather

I agree with the above poster.
    I highly doubt this is a “market changing” type of a deal where this sets a new standard.

Natebishop3 likes this.
  6. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Greed is everywhere. I guarantee someone saw what your friend paid and thought they could get similar value.

7. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

https://www.blazersedge.com/platfor...-brooklyn-nets-kyrie-irving-zach-lowe-podcast

Lowe Adds Trail Blazers as Potential Kevin Durant Trade Destination

The ESPN analysts cite Portland as a potential new home for the 12-time All Star.

————

Marks: I went through it, I was looking like Portland.

Lowe: There you go, you got my last Cinderalla team, talk me through Portland.

Marks: This is all after these restrictions are lifted here and they would have to lift protection, they owe Chicago a top 14 protected first for the next six years, so they’d have to lift the protection off that. But if I’m looking at their roster, is Shaedon Sharpe off the board? Is he off the board in any deals here? Their young prized rookie here. They’ve got salary filler, like Josh Hart, guys like that, rotational players. I would put Jerami Grant in the deal. Is Grant, Hart and Sharpe too much?

Lowe: I really do like Shaedon Sharpe, that’s a lot and obviously we’re implying that all three picks, three swaps whatever is involved for Durant. I do think they would probably pull Simons off the table. Simons can’t be traded until January 15

The problem with putting Nurkic in is I have no center at all. I have Drew Eubanks and small-ball fives like Winslow and Trendon Watford who hasn’t been playing this season. Do I need to get Claxton back. I find it hard to believe the Nets are going to draw a Claxton line in the sand. Do I need to find another center somewhere, probably, do I care necessarily.

That’s a lot though, I like what I’ve seen from Sharpe so far. Grant, I’m getting Durant anyway, so I don’t care, Hart is a good starting rotation player for them. You have to think about it. I mean, you paid Damian Lillard all this money, he’s 32, he’s going to be 36 by the end of the this contract, making $60 million. So you’re in for whatever the phrase is, a penny, or a pound, or a nickel, or whatever the hell the phrase is. You might as well be in for a lot more. Portland and Washington are my like maybe didn’t have the juice in the summer but...

8. mook

mook The 2018-19 season was the best I've seen

Buy a recipe binder at CookbookPeople.com
    Olshey lasted a very, very long time as a gm by not sticking his neck out and dealing CJ. It was bad for the franchise, but safe for his career.
    There is no riskier career move for an NBA gm than to trade a haul of assets for Durant. You just don't know when he'll demand a trade or call out the GM to be fired. You can find yourself a year from now having maybe traded the next Vince Carter, only to be crucified by your top 15 All Time player.
    It makes a ton of sense from a basketball perspective to put Dame and Durant together, but not for a package like Anthony Davis yielded. Just too risky for Cronin's own career.

calvin natt likes this.
  9. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Can somebody photoshop olshey in a chef hat with an egg beater in his hand and the caption “Let it bake”

10. SIeepwalker

SIeepwalker The lone sane poster

I don't want him, at all.

Bingo Bango likes this.
  11. BankTeller

BankTeller Well-Known Member

I’d be more intrigued with prying a piece of the return on KD than actually trading for KD.

Like if the Suns part with Mikal in a package for KD, I’d love to pry him from the Nets. The only package I see working salary-wise is Hart + GPII for Mikal. You might have to unprotect this year’s 1st and trade a top 10 protected 1st as well. But I’d do it.

12. Bingo Bango

Bingo Bango Well-Known Member

Durant is the biggest bitch in the league. Keep him far away from the Blazers, please.

13. Fairly-Hard

Fairly-Hard Former Member Gone New!

My head and heart is saying this is a bad idea. A very very bad idea.

14. Fairly-Hard

Fairly-Hard Former Member Gone New!

In years past i have always been on the side of "If you can get a player the caliber of Kevin Durant then you better take that chance".
    Maybe it's my older self talking at this point and maybe it's just that I've seen enough of players like KD?
    What i want for the Blazers right now is to see what this team can grow to become? I want to see where they are after they blend and grow for more than just one season or a few months. I want to see Chauncey Billups grow as a coach and build his team for a minimum of 3 years. I want to see what Joe Chronin's plan is and what tweaks he can make without going all in on a player that might get you one or two years of relevancy if they happen to stay healthy.
    Call me greedy but i want a dynasty. I want to build a team that can play together and stay together for a number of years. To me that means building young around Dame for the next 3-5 years.
    I would hesitate when it comes to trading a player like Sharp after what we have seen in his first 8 NBA games of his career.

15. AngryFan

AngryFan Active Member

They are proposing the Blazers trade Grant, Hart, Sharpe, 3 first round picks and 3 pick swaps for Durant?

If this happened I would be the most upset I've ever been with this franchise.

GoBlazersGo likes this.
  16. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Teams always ask high. I would consider Simons and some for Durant.

17. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Have to make up like 20 mil if it's Simons and filler. Also need to somehow find replacement players while not breaking the hard cap.

18. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    Trading Durant would be kind of like "oh hey, look at Brookyln and how well that worked out. I want some of that".

19. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Whatever it takes without giving up Dame, Sharpe, Grant

20. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    My counter-offer:
    upload_2022-11-6_12-32-56.png

Like it or lump it, fuckers. NO PICKS FOR YOU.

(I don't expect them to like it. If they said yes, I'd probably have second thoughts. Fuck Durant.)