Game Thread The NBA 2020 Finals! Heat vs Lakers

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by SlyPokerDog, Sep 30, 2020.

1. handiman

handiman Well-Known Member

BC and AD still works ... Before Corona and "After Death".

kjironman1 and Road Ratt like this.
  2. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

This is why I didn't want to restart the NBA season. This is why right here. I knew it was going to happen and I didn't want to see the NBA hand the Lakers another title.

EL PRESIDENTE likes this.
  3. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Preach muthafucka preach!

4. THE HCP

What this dude said!

5. THE HCP

What did you expect? Did you think the bubble was going to go differently. That literally was best case scenario for the league. And I'm not talking about who won, I'm talking about the players health, the ability to broadcast and to appease the sponsors AND real basketball fans.
    I'm quite sure baseball and football wishes they had gone the bubble route for the logistics alone.

I have njo inside info, but I'd expect more of the same in the future. Regional bubbles is what I'm thinking.

6. THE HCP

#TooSoon

7. THE HCP

You always crack me up with your tinfoil hat scenarios son.

kjironman1 likes this.
  8. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

Don't worry about that, as soon as it won't be a PR nightmare if there is a huge outbreak due to sickness these leagues will gladly take back close to half of their revenue and the added interest in their sports that live attendance provides. The players are showmen, they want to here cheers and boos more than we do. Everyone is eager to get things back to the way you want them and it will happen by 2022. The only distinction you'll have to make will be during pandemic and everything else.

9. blazerkor

This is nuts. The Lakers showed that they were the very best team in the league. No one handed them anything. They were actually the team that had the biggest disadvantage due to the pandemic after the Bucks got beat. The Lakers would have had HCA in every series they played in and yet with no crowd to cheer them on they still won all but 5 games... pure domination. The scary thing is, as long as AD re-signs, they will be better next year.

10. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

Good question. I don't think I would predict any of them to to fall to the 8th seed. I think the Fakers and Celtics probably have the best odds to return to the conference finals. I'd probably give the Heat an edge over the Nuggets. I would bet against the Heat reaching the finals next season.

What do you think?

Buffalo Custard likes this.
  11. Road Ratt

Road Ratt King of my own little world

I had no idea what to expect of the bubble until it had gotten going, of course. After enough time, and with the addition of watching NFL games without fans, it became glaringly obvious that sports without fans takes away home court advantage. I understand they did what they did for the money, and the NBA games did help lower my anxiety. But, my main point, at least from my perspective, is that sports will never be the same without fans. For me, it takes away some of the excitement of the season, just knowing the outcomes of the games are being affected is all. I will still watch the games and try to enjoy them though.

THE HCP likes this.
  12. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

You bring up an interesting point. 33% of the series were won by the lower seed. I would assume that was slightly higher than most years. The #1 seed in the West did win it all, which is pretty standard.

13. Buffalo Custard

Buffalo Custard Well-Known Member

I think watching how Butler responds is going to be real interesting. Has he finally evolved into a leader, or will he be the locker-room arsonist he was in Philly and Mini? (the guy is older than Dame, but about half as mature!) The Celts are a good team as is, but I wonder if they have maxed out their current roster? (I'm not that impressed with Walker)

If any of these teams has not yet reached their prime, I would say it is Denver. Their success will be defined by their continued improvement, even if they are still not quite good enough to get past LBJAD.

Tince likes this.
  14. blazerkor

The problem with Denver is that I don't know if they are even better than us next season let alone the Clippers who they beat by the skin of their teeth, Dallas, Golden State, and obviously the Lakers, hell even Utah should be pretty damn good. The west will be a dogfight. So I agree that the question can't be answered which team is most likely to drop to the eighth seed but Denver is the most likely to be the lowest seed out of those for teams. I do realize that Denver has the most potential with their current roster to get better but you just can't count on that, you have to assume that they'll be as good as their most recent performance.

Buffalo Custard likes this.
  15. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

They lost 5 games and won it in 21 games. Nobody handed that team the chip. I still don't like the Lakers but they deserved that ring.

THE HCP likes this.
  16. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member