Time for Chauncey to go

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Stevenson, Nov 19, 2023.

1. blazerfan11

blazerfan11 Well-Known Member

We would need to know a few things first.

Such as, what kind of coach would you be?

1. Irascible

upload_2023-11-19_23-19-10.png

2. You win some, you lose some

upload_2023-11-20_1-36-16.png

3. Zen master

upload_2023-11-19_23-25-6.png

4. Players coach

upload_2023-11-20_1-35-15.png

Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
  2. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Whyachi, Chris Craig and SlyPokerDog like this.
  3. beast crnjo

beast crnjo Well-Known Member

It can honestly be hard for fans to tell how a coach is doing, because we only see the product on the floor, but can't really know how that product would be different with another coach. But the team doesn't look organized or like they are executing a plan. You can see teams that are obviously well coached, because they make all their scrubs look good.

Chauncy also gives off a vibe of not wanting to be here. It might just be his personality, but he almost has the (when are they going to fire me and put me out of misery) look on his face.

Whyachi likes this.
  4. BIG Q

BIG Q Well-Known Member

Yes, we really want Cooper!

5. kjironman1

I've had that feeling for quite some time. He's bidding his time and collecting a paycheck. Hoping maybe a player can get drafted that will change his fortunes. His plan is to lose on purpose to get the unicorn that will carry him.

6. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    Maybe a new coach would heal Simons quicker, and fix Brogdon and Scoots injuries, and donate a new knee to Robert.

RickyJoe, BassPlaya, sheed30 and 6 others like this.
  7. kjironman1

That isn’t what the OP is concerned about. Read his entire statement. With the players they do have they are not playing well at all. Even you must admit they are uninspired to say the least.

8. julius

singer songwriter
    They are, but they're also playing players who have no business playing minutes.

9. Ripcity4life77

Ripcity4life77 Well-Known Member

Time for my take but like usual I might piss someone off ..... but I do not care ......

This was expected maybe it's a little worse then it should have been but this team has been hit with injuries so this is not a surprise to me and should not be to anyone else. I will get this out of the way now and say Billups should be replaced this summer but NOT because of the start of this season but more the fact we have seen very little growth as a coach from him since he has been with the Blazers. Now back to my other point on how this team SUCKS right now and how it should not be a surprise to anyone but for some it is. This is what happens when you trade a Top 10 player from a team who carried the team and then mix it with injuries to Scoot and Ant and other Vets and then add in a coach who is average on his best day and those are rare so why are fan surprised. --- I know why now here is the part that will annoy maybe even piss off a fan or two ...

The reason why some fans are upset is they bought into the narrative AKA BULLSHIT sold by Cronin and the front office that even without Dame this team could maybe challenge for the play in this season. The truth and this is the truth but Cronin was speaking out of both sides of his ass cause he thought he could do a re-build and still make some noise in the west even without Dame but he was wrong and this is turning into a fact. However I will give some credit to the idiot and say he has done a solid job so far in the rebuild cycle even if getting to this point was rough but IF he really wants to get this rebuild going he needs to fire Billups and trade away Brogs , Grant and other vets who do not share the rebuild timeline ( 2 to 4 years in future ). The problem is or maybe was cause now he might be forced into it by this start so maybe it was a blessing but NOW he needs to look for trades for all the mentioned players . Basically do what OKC did and hoard assets for a few years then when things line up strike and get a player ( s) who compliment the new core of Scoot , Sharpe and maybe add either a Ayton or whoever that might be in a couple seasons.

Bottomline to sum it up -- Cronin needs realize he messed up and try and copy OKC or something or he will be pig headed and blame everything else for this start and continue to try and do two things at one time and kill the future for the team. I really hope this start has sobered up not only Cronin but certain pig headed fans who could not see the truth about the team. This truth is simple and that is it had to be torn down to be rebuilt into something better and for a few years it will be painful to watch at times and wins will be a bonus but in the following years IF Cronin does his job right the Blazers will rise out of the fire and be re-born into a better team maybe even a contender. --

Go Blazers

Whyachi likes this.
  10. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

11. BlazerBeav

BlazerBeav Well-Known Member

How would Stotts' offense possibly work with a team that (without Ant) does not have a single reliable outside shooter?

12. SharpeScooterShooter

SharpeScooterShooter SharpeShooter

Freeloader
    Im sorry but some of you are just simply off your rockers and cant seem to grasp any semblance of context.
    Name one coach you think would make this team any better with the current roster and starting lineup?

Do not people understand that no matter how sound of an offensive or defensive plan a coach may have, when 4 of your 8 rotation players go down and some are replace ld with gleague players including a starter!, that maybe, just maybe, a plan cant be seen because half the playing roster is brand new to it and doesn't know it?

Sigh.. the life of a Blazer fan….

sheed30, BlazerBeav and HailBlazers like this.
  13. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Curious which coach COULD have won last night's game then? I could care less how they "look".....a win is a win and a lose is a lose.

sheed30, blazerkor and UKRAINEFAN like this.
  14. THE HCP

He was not. He was very engaged in timeouts. No boos. Nice try though FAMS.

15. THE HCP

"Anybody" was supposed to be better right? Where are those people at now?

Phatguysrule likes this.
  16. Samuel

Samuel James “Hollywood” Robinson

tbf, when you have zero shooting and teams just crowd the paint in various ways, it ends up looking like it did last night: grant, skylar and sharpe passing the ball back and forth at the top of the key and looking for seams, a big setting a pick, and a player driving into heavy coverage and either kicking it out or throwing up a heavily contested shot.

in 2023 if you can't hit anything from the outside it's like bringing a spoon to a knife fight.

i've been unimpressed with chauncey's schemes, and I wonder what in god shammgod's name scott brooks does? ever?

but the spacing thing is going to be a major thing until it isn't.

BlazerBeav likes this.
  17. THE HCP

How do you develop a Hyundai? These are Audis and BMWs out there....we are rolling out KIAs talking about "development"?

18. julius

singer songwriter
    a "lose is a lose"?

19. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

1. Popovich

2. Udoka

3. Monty Williams

4. D'Antoni

BigGameDamian, kjironman1 and THE HCP like this.
  20. THE HCP

PREACH FAMS PREACH!

julius likes this.