Toyota Center Lighting Idea

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by FlipBaller, Oct 31, 2006.

1. FlipBaller

FlipBaller JBB JustBBall Member

Have you all noticed during Knick's games in Madison Square Garden.. the stand lights are dimmed when playing. This almost gives the court a spotlight effect... and i really think it makes for a good atmoshpere and feel to it.. and it also looks awesome..[​IMG]

I wonder why no other Arena's have this type of lighting.... Toyota Center should do the same.. [​IMG] well, i think so...

here are some pix.. what do you all think?

[​IMG]

check out the background.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

I agree, it would be nice to see that in the Toyota Center. Like you said, it makes me wonder why no other arena does this.

3. Sniper

Sniper JBB Long Range Assassin

As a player I've always preferred darker gyms and absolutely hated ones that were too bright. I actually noticed that the Staples Center seemed to be a lot darker tonight, so maybe some teams are adopting it. I'd love to see it like that at Rockets games.

4. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

Madison Square garden looks clean like that.

5. Pakman

Pakman JBB ITS ON ME!!!

That'd be badass. I doubt it'll ever happen, though.

6. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

That is a really awesome idea. I never really would have thought of dimming the lights. I hate being "distracted" at games and a lot of times that happens when there are bright lights. With the dimmed lights, the whole focus is on the game and on the team. Mucho bueno idea!

7. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Sniper Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">As a player I've always preferred darker gyms and absolutely hated ones that were too bright. I actually noticed that the Staples Center seemed to be a lot darker tonight, so maybe some teams are adopting it. I'd love to see it like that at Rockets games.</div>

Yeah, I saw the same thing. I like the idea of having it like that.

8. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> a player I've always preferred darker gyms and absolutely hated ones that were too bright. I actually noticed that the Staples Center seemed to be a lot darker tonight, so maybe some teams are adopting it. I'd love to see it like that at Rockets games</div>

yeah I noticed that also (staples center).....I love the dark background.

9. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Yeah the Lakers implemented this and also sent an email to season ticket holders to dress in black.

10. moeinhouston

moeinhouston JBB JustBBall Member

The Toyota Center needs something
    Its so bright and nice it makes it kind of uncomfortable being drunk and cursing at the players, in a respectful way of course. Toyota Center is looked on as a dead arena and some of the fault has to do with the design and feel of it. I always notice that as soon as I walk in. The environment just never feels inducive to acting a fool rooting for the team. Maybe its all the play to the box seat corporate ticket holders that run to their boxes and leave mid court seats open. I blame L.Alexander the owner for that SELLOUT move. Mid court should be reserved for jean wearing, face painted, already screaming before the game starts, type of fan.

11. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- JBB The Same One

I don't like it. I rather have white out games like the Heat. I think the Toyota Center should do something similar, but with red.

12. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

^^^we suggested that.