With all the LeBron/Carmelo hype, look who might get a ring...

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by Accord, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Accord

Accord JBB JustBBall Member

Forget LeBron.

Forget Carmelo.

Look who just might get a ring if the Pistons manage to win one more game, the second pick overall Darko Milicic [​IMG].

2. TimFlem

TimFlem JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah I was saying that the other day. Darko baybe.

3. Captain Quicks

Captain Quicks JBB JustBBall Member

Just a question has Darko played in the finals, wait has he even played in the playoffs?? But still getting caught up in hype isnt a good thing. I would be happy if they played Darko and he scored over someone good to make it look like he's actually doing something. I know he's young but he was 2nd pick and i dont think correct me if I'm wrong, Dumars didnt draft Darko as a project.

Set aside from that I'm cheering for Detroit.. Go Detroit!!!!

4. AIFan

AIFan JBB JustBBall Member

So, Darko hasn't come close to being a LeBron or Carmelo type player. He hasn't helped his team in any way, shape or form.

5. nick01gr

nick01gr JBB JustBBall Member

Obviously

[quote name='AIFan']So, Darko hasn't come close to being a LeBron or Carmelo type player. He hasn't helped his team in any way, shape or form.[/QUOTE

To begin with, even if Darko was a huge all star this year, it wouldn't be in the same way that Lebron or Melo are, they are shooters they are expected to carry the load of scoring. Darko was drafted for size in the paint and for his quickness against other big men. He is on a team that didn't need to throw him in the mix right away, unlike the other two whose teams were sad and really still are. Besides lets face it Joe D. doesn't run the team LB does and he isn't one to throw a rookie in the mix of things right away anyhow, he loves experience and knowledge. Darko may not turn out to be anything at all but, he has potential, he has alot of raw talent. He needs to learn the ways of the NBA level of play, by playing limited time in the game and running against the older guys on the team in practice. I think he can learn alot from Sheed' and Campbell, along with several others. Also lets face it LB is a great coach and will definately set this franchise up for long term success.

6. N4S

N4S BBW Member

Yeah, the human victory cigar has been lit several times in the finals this year and will hopefully be lit tonight in game 5. But the thing is that people say oh bench players including Darko haven't contributed a bit this year. The when reply is "yes" they have because players like tihs are the one's that make the players in the game more effective by giving them hard opponents to go up against in practice. They are also the one's giving advice and cheering them on in the game. And one other thing is that the players on the court don't always see everything going on that the players off court do, this is when they let them know when they are in timeouts and so on.

7. bbwTwinTowers

bbwTwinTowers BBW Member

Yeah Darko has not even helped Detroit get to were they are now they could of done this without him but you are right he still wins a ring not many guys can say that

8. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

Oh I never noticed that. LOL

9. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

I know Darko played at least 9 secs. (In Game 4) Congrats.

10. the_spark

the_spark JBB JustBBall Member

Maybe Coach Larry decided not to put him on the game because he might commit rookie mistakes... The good thing is that the Pistons won the series...

Hail the PISTONS!!!