Wizards' Brown Reflects, Deflects

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by og15, Oct 23, 2004.

1. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Kwame Brown spends a lot of time in the weight room these days. The Washington Wizards' 7-foot forward is up to a noticeably bulkier 273 pounds as he rehabilitates a surgically repaired right pinkie toe that is still expected to keep him out the early part of this, his fourth NBA season.

Brown knows the weight will help him stand up to the pounding he will take in the paint. What continues to dog him, however, is the weight of expectations that came three years ago, when Washington made him the first high school player to be taken with the top pick in the NBA draft. </div>

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...-2004Oct22.html

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Wizards want Brown to continue to improve his skills as the team's best post defender, provide better help defensively, and shoot more when given the ball. "I'm not a stats guy, but for him to attempt less than eight shots a game, as much as we like to go to him, doesn't make sense to me," Jordan said. "He's got to get his attempts up. He's our number one post option." </div>

2. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

And people say he hasnt produced...8 shots a game wont cut it, and im loving the weight thing...he is about 10% body fat is what the commentators for the preseason games were saying...that is 90% muscle/bone..that is pretty good, atleast I think..I think he will do some major damage this year if he is given the opportunity to work one on one with his man, he was demanding double teams quite often last year, lets make it a more frequent occurence this year.

3. og15

og15 JBB *********

The only problem is that the article makes him just seem like a whiner, it seems like a whining article. He shouldn't compare himself to Darko who was on the Pistons and was also a year younger, and it was like he was bringing the Doug Collins/Jordan thing to defend himself.

He's definately better than a lot of people say, but it seemed like he was whining in the article.

Also 273 LBS [​IMG]

4. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Your right but I think he is ready to shut up the critics this year, especially with his 273 pound, 7 foot frame..I think he will be our starting C sometime this year with that size, and have Jamison at the 4, Hayes at the 3, Hughes at the 2, and Arenas directing the show...I would love that lineup if Hayes and Hughes accept being 4th and 5th options, Kwame being a 3rd option but given shots, Arenas distributing the ball more than shooting, and Jamison being the 1st option but willing to share the ball with others...I think all that can happen, especially if they want to make the playoffs.