Wizards Winning

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by bbwtrench, Jan 10, 2007.

1. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

Who is the REAL reason behind it? Now before you say Gil,lets look at who's really stepped up their games.

Gilbert has been scoring every season so I dont believe his play is the main reason. Seems to me Caron Butler has broke out into a legitimate 2nd option. He contributes in so many categories and is the real reason why the Wiz are winning more games this year.. I loved him in LA and was very sad to see him go... Wiz fans have to be happy.

2. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I do agree that Caron is a huge reason to why the Wizards are finally winning and it's clear cut that he's the second best player on the team, however, he isn't the main reason to why the Wizards are winning.

How can you deny it's Gilbert? Earlier in the season, he was struggling and because of that, the Wizards were struggling. Gilly finally broke out of his slump and since then, the Wizards have been ON FIRE. Gilbert has won games by himself this season by simply scoring too much against the other team. He's hit game winning shots and his assist numbers are up. He's averaging about 30 ppg, 5 rpg, and 7 apg while shooting near 40% from three, 44% from the field. He also has 2 spg.

Gilbert is in the same position as Kobe was last year, this team lives and dies with him. If the Wizards can actually hold onto the Southeast title and clinch a top 3 seed and Gilbert keeps up the play, there is no reason why he shouldn't be a top MVP candidate.

I'm not slighting Caron Butler at all, I'm a Laker fan just like you. I'm also a huge Wizard fan, and I'm happy he has finally found a home in Washington. There is no reason why he can't be an all-star reserve this year. He's averaging 21 ppg, 8 rpg, and 4 apg. He's shooting 50% from the field and is averaging 1.9 SPG. His stats are awesome, but there is no doubt in my mind he's benefiting from being on the same team as Gilbert. He's the team's second best player and he's flourishing in his role.

3. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

Im not saying Gil is not a great player. He has put this team on his back, but I just feel that if Caron was out for the rest of the season, the Wizards would definately be in trouble even if Gilbert continues to play at his career setting pace.

Gil is definately an ALL star and among the elite, but I personally feel that it is Caron that has made the difference this season.. Caron certainly can't carry the Wiz alone like Gil has in some games, but he is that X-factor that has helped the Wiz get over the top.

4. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

Caron Butler has definitely stepped up this season scoring at least double figures in every game this season for the Wizards. He's been showing a lot of hustle, he has a lot of weapons on offense being able to pull up, turnaround or drive. But even with that, you can't say Arenas hasn't been the main reason the Wizards had a great December. Whenever Arenas doesn't have a hot shooting night, he'll always find another way to help the team from making the open and right passes kinda like the first game of the season in Cleveland.