Young, Wizards Get Off To Rocky Summer Start

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Shapecity, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">LAS VEGAS, July 10 -- Nick Young's final line was an accurate measurement of how things went for the Washington Wizards in their opening game of the Las Vegas summer league on Tuesday afternoon.

Young, who was selected with the 16th pick in the June 28 draft, finished with 11 points shooting 3 of 14 , with three turnovers and seven fouls (players are allowed up to 10 fouls in summer league) in just more than 27 minutes of action as the Wizards fell to the Sacramento Kings, 75-64.

"I was kind of nervous coming out," said Young, who was in the starting lineup at shooting guard along with point guard Aaron Miles, small forward Dominic McGuire, power forward Oleksiy Pecherov and center Kyle Visser. "I was getting my shots, but there were just a few shots I should have knocked down. We should have had this game. We just made too many mistakes down there at the end against a team that had some veterans out there."

The Kings certainly had the edge in experience over the Wizards with swingman Francisco Garcia, who is entering his third NBA season. Garcia finished with a game-high 21 points, shot 6 of 10 and generally played with the sense of purpose one would expect of an established NBA player.

In time, the Wizards will expect that from Young, McGuire and Pecherov, who finished with nine points on 3-of-11 shooting. Pecherov, who is making his second summer league appearance, added five rebounds but missed several open shots and was out-positioned for several rebounds by Sacramento forward Justin Williams, who grabbed a game-high 10 rebounds.</div>

Source: Washington Post