02-05-2007 Warriors @ Pacers (Tell me how this goes, fellas)

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Custodianrules2, Feb 5, 2007.

1. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    <div class="quote_poster">AllNet Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Dunleavy 1-7

Bet you guys are enjoying this thus far.</div>

The Pacers started coming back with a 13 - 0 run or something. I was yelling "bring Dunleavy back!"

Also, the Warriors look like they're doing better without Baron. AB is getting more shots and AL and Jax are on fire.

2. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Great shot by Monta to end the half. Hes been awesome and so has Stephen Jackson and Biedrins and Harrington really got us going in the fourth quarter. With a 23 point lead I'd only give us a 50% chance of winning this game unfortunately. [​IMG] Hopefully they hold on.

3. boogiescott

boogiescott JBB JustBBall Member

Wow Ellis hit a half court bank shot at the end of the half to put us up by 23

we managed to overcome 10 2nd quarter TO's... just ugly ball

Ike completely ineffective... intimidated by foyle down low...and one possesion he threw it away past half court ...saved by tinsley barely

1-9 vs 11- 21 or 2 to 28 points in dun/murph/ike vs al/sjax

pacers shooting only 30%... what is really nice is we are outrebounding them 31 to 19.... AB with 11

4. Duckmyster

Duckmyster JBB JustBBall Member

We been lucky that Danny Granger hasn't gotten on track. Hopefully he will stay quiet.

5. Run BJM

That is really amazing that we are killing them on the boards. Giggles mentioned something about Barnes being assigned to keep Foster off the offensive glass so maybe theres a much bigger emphasis on getting boards or Nellie has a few guys designated to helping out while the others run. Biedrins' 11 boards and 3 blocks has been huge, Monta with 6 rebs is also great and everyone is contributing some in that aspect.

It seemed like we got away from playing team basketball from the middle to the end of the second quarter, we still have our biggest lead of the game but they've got to keep moving the ball and cut down on turnovers if they want to win, you know the Pacers will make another big run sometime in the second half.

6. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Run BJM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">That is really amazing that we are killing them on the boards. Giggles mentioned something about Barnes being assigned to keep Foster off the offensive glass so maybe theres a much bigger emphasis on getting boards or Nellie has a few guys designated to helping out while the others run. Biedrins' 11 boards and 3 blocks has been huge, Monta with 6 rebs is also great and everyone is contributing some in that aspect.

It seemed like we got away from playing team basketball from the middle to the end of the second quarter, we still have our biggest lead of the game but they've got to keep moving the ball and cut down on turnovers if they want to win, you know the Pacers will make another big run sometime in the second half.</div>

Well when one team shoots 51% and another team shoots 30% it is more likely that the team shooting 51% will have more boards because they have more chances for defensive rebounds than the opponent.

So far the Warriors have won the first two quarters quite impressively. I am hoping that they stay focused and win the next two quarters as well. I want an easy blowout. But yeah, I have to agree with RunBJM, even with this lead, the Warriors still probably have a 50% chance of winning, hahah. OK maybe it's not that low, but they are the Warriors...

7. Duckmyster

Oh man Monta is hurt I hope it isn't serius.

8. boogiescott

Ah Oh .... Ellis down .... looks like he banged knees.... i think he will be ok

Turnovers....and 2nd chance shots.... dunleavy 2 3's.... murph 1 and the lead down to 15

9. Duckmyster

It dosen't look to good they took him to the lockeroom.

10. boogiescott

yeah said they are taking x rays on ellis

11. Duckmyster

Foyle is giving the Warriors precious minutes at center and he is actually doing a decent job rebounding.

12. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    I wanna see that replay of Foyle's block on Ike.

And Dunleavy having one of his Dun-like games. It looked bad at first, but he's come back. Actually, it would be a pretty good game for him except for his sucky shooting. I just looked at his box score line.

13. Run BJM

Great game tonight, the defense and rebounding was excellent and the offense was solid even though it was much slower and messier in the second half. Biedrins' 15 rebounds and Monta and Harrington's 10 rebounds each were huge, Fitz said we've outrebounded the opponent 3 straight games so maybe its not just a fluke. Much of this could be attributed to Harrington; he had 4 straight games of 8 rebounds before having 10 tonight, hopefully he can keep it up, I'd gladly take 8 rpg from him as long as Barnes, Monta, and Pietrus are still hitting the glass hard. Foyle was very productive off the bench too with 8 rebounds and 3 blocks.

Jacksons' scoring allowed us to keep the lead after Monta went out and Harrington didn't do much after the first quarter. Hopefully Monta and Baron will be back soon and we can keep playing defense and rebounding like we have been the last few games.

14. boogiescott

Unrelated -

I don't understand -

So the Nba is inviting slam dunk champions of the past.... and they invite KObe? how why? he was beaten by darvin ham clearly in the contest the only time he participated....

J-rich should be on that panel of judges not the rapist (alledgedly)

15. oaktank88

oaktank88 JBB JustBBall Member

great game overall, but hope the ellis injury isn't serious. looked like granger was trying to injure him there.

16. iLL PiLL

iLL PiLL JBB JustBBall Member

How come Baron didn't play this game? I caught the game later and they never gave a reason

17. iLL PiLL

iLL PiLL JBB JustBBall Member

I think the NBA should start fining people for doing the Pass and Crash. Ellis was far away from Granger and passed the ball up by like 5-10 feet before Granger just stepped up and basically got in the way. Those plays are just asking for disaster because you're not even playing the ball, you're just playing the body of the opponent.

18. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

Nice to see the former Warriors suck...

19. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

Good to see the Warriors get the W!

*Jumps back on the warriors band wagon*

20. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Rudeezy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Good to see the Warriors get the W!

*Jumps back on the warriors band wagon*</div>

[​IMG]

Suicide watch is on hold for 24 hours...