05's Starting Lineup

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by N4S, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Knicks Analyst:</div><div class="quote_post">I hope to God that's a joke. [​IMG] [​IMG]</div>
    LOL here we go again. Anyway my predictions for the Knicks next season are marbury, toss up between crawford and houston depending which direction the orginization goes. Then Tim Thomas and Kurt Thomas and Nazr Mohammed basically a decent lineup with a few weak spots. I for one would prefer to see Houston start over Crawford just because I like his overall game better than crawford he shoots better and is a better leader.

2. Knicks Analyst

Knicks Analyst JBB ? Israel ?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Pure Skillz:</div><div class="quote_post">LOL here we go again. Anyway my predictions for the Knicks next season are marbury, toss up between crawford and houston depending which direction the orginization goes. Then Tim Thomas and Kurt Thomas and Nazr Mohammed basically a decent lineup with a few weak spots. I for one would prefer to see Houston start over Crawford just because I like his overall game better than crawford he shoots better and is a better leader.</div>
    Very well said.

However, Houston never really was a leader. I hope that Penny could lput some spirit into the team, he knows what he's doing.

3. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Knicks Analyst:</div><div class="quote_post">Very well said.

However, Houston never really was a leader. I hope that Penny could lput some spirit into the team, he knows what he's doing.</div>
    Well the leadership quality I see in him is like the leadership he shows around the community and that type of stuff I know he does not demand the ball on cour as much as he should. So in terms of on court leader I agree with you he never really was the greatest option for a on the floor leader.

4. Knicks Analyst

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Pure Skillz:</div><div class="quote_post">Well the leadership quality I see in him is like the leadership he shows around the community and that type of stuff I know he does not demand the ball on cour as much as he should. So in terms of on court leader I agree with you he never really was the greatest option for a on the floor leader.</div>He's not much of a leader in my eyes, I'm Jewish. Houston has publicized that he hates Jews. So maybe that's why I dislike his personality. It's tough to really like a guy who hates you. So maybe I'm just biased against him.

Not much of a leader in my eyes, hopefully some of you will agree that those aren't the qualities a leader should have.

5. TheAnswerIsAi3

TheAnswerIsAi3 BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kobe - Marquis:</div><div class="quote_post">PG: Stephon Marbury
    SG: Jamal Crawford
    SF: Allan Houston
    PF: Tim Thomas
    C: Kurt Thomas</div>

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Wow KA....I have 1 person that agrees with me even tho we both may be wrong but still....now im a lil happier [​IMG]

Dont laugh at me either cuz im a Sixer man lol [​IMG]

6. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Knicks Analyst:</div><div class="quote_post">He's not much of a leader in my eyes, I'm Jewish. Houston has publicized that he hates Jews. So maybe that's why I dislike his personality. It's tough to really like a guy who hates you. So maybe I'm just biased against him.

Not much of a leader in my eyes, hopefully some of you will agree that those aren't the qualities a leader should have.</div>
    O, that sucks didn't know that about him.

7. Knicks Analyst

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheAnswerIsAi3:</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG] [​IMG]

Wow KA....I have 1 person that agrees with me even tho we both may be wrong but still....now im a lil happier [​IMG]

Dont laugh at me either cuz im a Sixer man lol [​IMG]</div>
    I think he was kidding. Sorry man, lol. It just doesn't seem to make sense, we'd get slaughtered with that line-up. I'm 99.9% sure he wa kidding. [​IMG]

8. TheAnswerIsAi3

TheAnswerIsAi3 BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Knicks Analyst:</div><div class="quote_post">I think he was kidding. Sorry man, lol. It just doesn't seem to make sense, we'd get slaughtered with that line-up. I'm 99.9% sure he wa kidding. [​IMG]</div>

Fine I see how ya are! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

LOL im [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Knicks Analyst

Notice: It's been brought to my attention (by Dre) that the rumors that Allan Houston is an anti-semite are inaccurate. The media went and blew it out of proportion.

I would like to thank Dre for telling me this and clearing it all up.

10. grinder333

grinder333 JBB JustBBall Member

I've made fun of Isiah in the past for all the crazy money and contracts he has played with, but I'm going to be a Knicks follower this season. They are going to be fun to watch and are very frikking deep.

Pg- Marbury, Norris
    Sg- Houston, Crawford,
    Sf- T. Thomas, Hardaway
    Pf- K. Thomas, Baker, Williams
    C- Mohammed, Sundov

I don't know if more trades are needed. Financially the Knicks are screwed up of course. Check the following link for their salaries: <u>http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/new_york.htm</u>

Other than their high salaries, the only thing I would change on their roster would be getting rid of some dead wood at the end of the bench.

11. Knicks Analyst

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting grinder333:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Pg- Marbury, Norris
    Sg- Houston, Crawford,
    Sf- T. Thomas, Hardaway
    C- Mohammed, Sundov
    </div>
    Where is Sweetney? It seems you replaced Sweetney with Sundov. Could you explain why you did this? I'm just curious because Sweetney has developed into a pretty good ball-player, as opposed to Sundov who hasn't yet proven himself worthy of a roster spot.

12. grinder333

grinder333 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Knicks Analyst:</div><div class="quote_post">Where is Sweetney? It seems you replaced Sweetney with Sundov. Could you explain why you did this? I'm just curious because Sweetney has developed into a pretty good ball-player, as opposed to Sundov who hasn't yet proven himself worthy of a roster spot.</div>

Yeah ok, had a look at Sweeney's numbers last year. He had a good fg% and can hit free throws. He'll definately be in the centre/pf mix. Good athletic young player.

Then I took a look at Sundov's numbers. WTF was I thinking. He's a bench rider, all the way. SORRY

13. Knicks Analyst

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting grinder333:</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah ok, had a look at Sweeney's numbers last year. He had a good fg% and can hit free throws. He'll definately be in the centre/pf mix. Good athletic young player.

Then I took a look at Sundov's numbers. WTF was I thinking. He's a bench rider, all the way. SORRY</div>
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but Sweetney's stats are l0w becusae he only 11.8 MPG.
    Sweetney Ranks #2 in the NBA in Offensive Rebounds Per 48 Minutes(6.6) Ranks and #7 in the NBA in Rebounds Per 48 Minutes(15.3) Now he may not be a good shooter but he can also score in the paint. We don't need another shooter we already have a back-court loaded with shooters. We need a guy who can pull down board, Sweetney has shown that he can, Sundov hasn't.

14. GjonC

GjonC JBB JustBBall Member

yeah i gotta feelin about sweets, hes gonna be big, i even hope he starts!
    pg-starbury(crawford)
    sg-houston(crawford)
    sf-TT(PENNY)
    pf-kthomas(sweets)(vinnie)(jyd)
    c-nazr(sweets)(kthomas)

15. Knicks3

Knicks3 JBB JustBBall Member

I still dont get the theme here, Allen Houston at small foward, he cant do it. Id like to see him delt for Shareef anyway, also Need4sheed, Sweetney at center, not happening, mayby at power foward but likely not as starter atleast this year. Hes got a lot of potential but hes simplly not a center at 6'8

16. Knicks3

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting grinder333:</div><div class="quote_post">I've made fun of Isiah in the past for all the crazy money and contracts he has played with, but I'm going to be a Knicks follower this season. They are going to be fun to watch and are very frikking deep.

Pg- Marbury, Norris
    Sg- Houston, Crawford,
    Sf- T. Thomas, Hardaway
    C- Mohammed, Sundov

I don't know if more trades are needed. Financially the Knicks are screwed up of course. Check the following link for their salaries: <u>http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/new_york.htm</u>

Other than their high salaries, the only thing I would change on their roster would be getting rid of some dead wood at the end of the bench.</div>

the only problem i have is were is sweetney on your backups

17. Knicks3

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Knicks Analyst:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but Sweetney's stats are l0w becusae he only 11.8 MPG.
    Sweetney Ranks #2 in the NBA in Offensive Rebounds Per 48 Minutes(6.6) Ranks and #7 in the NBA in Rebounds Per 48 Minutes(15.3) Now he may not be a good shooter but he can also score in the paint. We don't need another shooter we already have a back-court loaded with shooters. We need a guy who can pull down board, Sweetney has shown that he can, Sundov hasn't.</div>

agreed

18. Knicks3

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheAnswerIsAi3:</div><div class="quote_post">YIKES....Man i think the lineup should look exactly like this

Starters....
    C - Kurt Thomas 11.1 ppg, 8.30 rpg, 1.9 apg
    PF - Tim Thomas 14.7 ppg, 4.80 rpg, 1.9 apg
    SF - Allan Houston 18.5 ppg, 2.40 rpg, 2.0 apg
    SG - Jamal Crawford 17.3 ppg, 3.50 rpg, 5.1 apg
    PG - Stephon Marbury 20.2 ppg, 3.20 rpg, 8.9 apg

Bench.....
    C - Nazr Mohammed 7.4 ppg, 5.90 rpg, .5 apg
    PF - Jerome Williams 6.2 ppg, 7.00 rpg, 1.1 apg
    SF - Vin Baker 9.8 ppg, 5.20 rpg, 1.2 apg
    SG - Anfernee Hardaway 9.2 ppg, 3.80 rpg, 2.3 apg
    PF - Mike Sweetney 4.3 ppg, 3.70 rpg, .3 apg
    SG - Shandon Anderson 7.9 ppg, 2.80 rpg, 1.5 apg
    SF - Trevor Ariza (UCLA stats) 11.6 ppg, 6.48 rpg, 2.8 apg
    IR.....
    PG - Moochie Norris 3.5 ppg, 1.00 rpg, 1.8 apg
    SG - Jamison Brewer 2.5 ppg, .80 rpg, 1.3 apg
    SG - (FreeAgent) Demarr Johnson 5.4 ppg, 1.90 rpg, .5 apg

Thats how the roster should look if there wantin to make the playoffs....Kurt Thomas would be a better C to start than Sweetney and Nazr...Tim Thomas can easily play the PF position....Allan Houston has played SF in his prime but just in case he gets hurt or anything theres always Penny and Baker waiting on the bench or even the rookie sensation Trevor Ariza. Jamal Crawford will most likely be Co-Captain to Stephon Marbury which everyone knows he gonna be the Captain. The bench looks very nice when u look at it. Notice how i put all the SGs, PGs on the IR....well thats because they really wont get any minutes with Jamal Crawford, Stephon Marbury, and Penny Hardaway around. Also...theres no backup PG on the bench because when Marbury goes outta tha game (which wouldnt be long out of the game either)...Jamal Crawford could play PG and maybe Penny could come in at SG....this would be a great plan for the New York Knicks to look at and they have the biggest chance at making the playoffs this year if all of this actually happens.</div>

NO, Tim Thomas at pf, and houston at sf i dont get were ur going with this. First the Knicks as a team are under sized enough already but add in the Tim thomas thing no way. 4 rebounds is not good enough to be a pf. Also Houston can bearly defend a sg but put him against a sf, and ur asking for soft D