Zombie #1 Pick baby!

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by The_Future, May 22, 2007.

1. The_Future

The_Future JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Gee_Dupe11 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Portland is Back

dont sleep on Darius Miles who averaged about 17 a game a year back before the injury so Darius,Roy,Jack(IMO should be a great backup instead of starter)Zach, LaMarcus,Greg Oden,Sergio should take another year,and another sleeper in Travis Outlaw should give us a great core.

IMO trade Zach for Kidd for veteran help</div>

So are you on the draft Greg Oden club? I very much am apart of the club on drafting Oden, but is he another Sam Bowie waiting to happen?

Edit: By the way I kind have given up on Miles, but you could be right. We could be in the playoffs next year and he may actually try to the best of his ability and play.

2. Dark Hero

Dark Hero Can't Tell Me Nothing

I'm glad that Portland got first pick. Think they should get Oden and traded Zach Randolph for a good PG that could give good passes to Oden. Durant ain't that bad either but the better choice is Oden.

3. ilive4ball

ilive4ball JBB JustBBall Member

Everyone's talking about Kidd...

I still say we go for a bona-fide superstar SG via Zach Randolph or Darius miles and a rack of balls.

I just don't see Kidd fitting in that well in portland, I also don't like his huge contract and his age. I'd rather see the development of the young gaurds we have right now. I mean no one's expecting this team to win a title next year (maybe 3-4) so there's no pressure on anyone. Let the young PG's play so they can gain the experience and chemistry that will help them volumes years down the road.

Also, portland needs to try and start clearing cap space because you now have 3 players on that roster that could potentially require max contracts a few years down the line.

Roy
    Aldridge
    Oden/Durant

And one more point I want to make- The reason I say we trade Z-bo is because as good as he is, I don't see him getting much better. I can see Aldridge matching Randolph's offensive line within 2 years, and he's worlds better defensively. He's also more versatile. Zach Randolph has 3 moves. The up and under move in the post. The midrange jumper, and a shaky cross over that LEADS to the up and under move in the post....and all three of these moves take place on the left side of the basket lol. Move Zbo and move Aldridge into the starting line up- he's too good not to be

GOD I'M EXCITED

4. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

Greg Oden is so lucky to get to play with Brandon Roy. Perfect entry passes, anyone?

5. The_Future

<div class="quote_poster">ilive4ball Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Everyone's talking about Kidd...

I still say we go for a bona-fide superstar SG via Zach Randolph or Darius miles and a rack of balls.

I just don't see Kidd fitting in that well in portland, I also don't like his huge contract and his age. I'd rather see the development of the young gaurds we have right now. I mean no one's expecting this team to win a title next year (maybe 3-4) so there's no pressure on anyone. Let the young PG's play so they can gain the experience and chemistry that will help them volumes years down the road.

Also, portland needs to try and start clearing cap space because you now have 3 players on that roster that could potentially require max contracts a few years down the line.

Roy
    Aldridge
    Oden/Durant

And one more point I want to make- The reason I say we trade Z-bo is because as good as he is, I don't see him getting much better. I can see Aldridge matching Randolph's offensive line within 2 years, and he's worlds better defensively. He's also more versatile. Zach Randolph has 3 moves. The up and under move in the post. The midrange jumper, and a shaky cross over that LEADS to the up and under move in the post....and all three of these moves take place on the left side of the basket lol. Move Zbo and move Aldridge into the starting line up- he's too good not to be

GOD I'M EXCITED</div>

Eh, Paul Allen will give them max contracts.

And I am very excitied for the future of the Blazers, go Blazers!

6. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Where in the world is Rafy for this pick? He's been gone for a while now. Anyway, big time congrats to this franchise which really need to get back into contention. The Western excitement isn't the same for me without the Blazers in some of the spotlight.

7. I-Miss-MJ

I-Miss-MJ JBB I am so SMRT

damn the West just got harder.

Oden and Durant in Portland and Seattle.

8. AKIRA

AKIRA GO LAKERS!!!

more things
    I think if oden had stayed another year in college he would have become a better player, even more nba ready than he is now, but who cares? i retract my earlier post that encourages a trade for kidd, you guys should stay a young team, but Z-bo has to go, it doesnt matter that he averages lots of points, he cant win you games or championships for that matter. He is a good player offensively, kind of like how marbury is a good offensive player, the fact still remains that they suck and will never know how to play team basketball and know how to win games. If Z-bo hasnt done anything good so far, what makes you think that he'll suddenly start doing well. plus he will get in the way of oden and aldirdge's developement as a powerhouse frontcourt, impossible to score with those two in the paint together, then you have the hight and strength to go to either one of them on offense. plus Roy will get more looks on the kickout and more assists when giving it in to oden and aldridge. what a great future, why would you want to hinder it in anyway with a fat, block-head like Z-bo?

9. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

I foresee Portland Trail Bandwaggoners.

Anyway, congrats to Portland and their fans. Oden/Durrant will both be good options for this team. They already had a pretty good draft last year. It's time for another one.

10. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">MrJ Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I foresee Portland Trail Bandwaggoners.</div>

There's nothing new to that, look at Lakers and Bulls fans from years past.

11. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Congrats Blazer fans.

Portland If they keep this team togeather this team will be scary. I would expect to see a championship or two down the line. Roy and Oden could be the new Shaq/Kobe..without the ego problems.

12. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Congrats to all the Blazers fans (basically rafy).

I'm a big fan of Oden and its hard not to like that potential lineup. I would consider keeping Randolph for a year if none of the really good offers go through (Rashard Lewis, for example). It'd make it easier for the two young bigs to gradually adjust and develop. No one wants to see another Tyson Chandler/Eddy Curry situation.

If you guys do manage to get Lewis, I can't really find a weak spot on your roster, aside from lack of experience.

13. Gee_Dupe11

Gee_Dupe11 JBB JustBBall Member

i also believe that travis outlaw is a better player then martell and potential wise too.

its easier to teach offense than deffense and travis is already has great D. but i think this is there offseason mission

1.Draft Oden
    2.Trade Zach (Jamaal sign and trade for Rashard)
    3.Sign Rashard
    4.get a Vet. PG (Chucky A:14 PPG 5APG.)

Chucky A/Jarret Jack/Sergio Rod
    Brandon Roy/Fred Jones
    Rashard Lewis/Martell Webster
    LaMarcus Aldridge/Travis Outlaw
    Greg Oden/Joel Pryzbilla

We can play Small Ball and run with some lineup changes
    Jarret Jack and Chucky will start every another night
    And we gotta get rid of some young guys to get a vet. Help

14. ilive4ball

When you say Chucky are you talking Atkins?

If we're gonna bring in a veteran gaurd why not bring in someone thats actually good lol and provides leadership. What about bringing back our boys Derek Anderson and Damon Stoudemire? They both love portland, are both available I think, and they'd come cheap. Not to mention they'd provide depth and leadership. And the portland fan base would love it.

PG- Jarett Jack/DStud/Sergio
    SG-BRoy, Danderson, my little sister
    SF- Rashard Lewis, Darius Miles,
    PF- LaMarcus Aldridge, Raef Lafrentz,
    C- Greg Oden/Joe Pryzbilla.

You got a bunch of unselfish playmakers, veteran leadership, interior scoring and defense and a ton of outside threats. What's scary is that this is VERY feasible.

15. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

Congrats, Blazers!

As long as the Celts or Grizzlies didn't get it, I'm happy. But Portland is lookin serious! They're gonna be a beast in 3-4 years.

16. bronbron23

bronbron23 JBB JustBBall Member

What about Oden wanting Conley on the same team. Does anybody really think Portland will try to trade for him?

17. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

They have Jarrett Jack and Sergio Rodriguez, what do they need Conley for?

18. AKIRA

AKIRA GO LAKERS!!!

more things
    zbo for richard jefferson

19. ilive4ball

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">zbo for richard jefferson</div>

They can do way better than Jefferson. Unfortunately there are only 3 premier swing men available (well 4 if the Celtics get desperate)

Vince Carter
    Rashard Lewis
    Richard Jefferson (dependent on what happens with VC and Kidd)
    Paul Peirce (if the Celtics want to go after the #1 pick)

Portland isn't trading for peirce. I doubt they want RJ, and portland doesn't want VC and VC doesn't want portland.

Yep that leaves Rashard. [​IMG]

20. The_Future

Well I didn't feel this deserved its own thread, so I put it here. KATU News (Portland's local news) had a chance to interview Oden as he was in town to sign a deal with Nike. Pretty good interview and it sounds as if he wants to come and play for Portland!

http://www.katu.com/news/7659407.html?video=pop&t=a