Zombie #1 Pick baby!

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by The_Future, May 22, 2007.

1. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

<div class="quote_poster">The_Future Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">The reason I would trade Randolph over Alderidge (besides the fact I like Alderidge just a little bit better), but I would trade Randolph just because IMO I think we could get more in return. Alderidge might be worth more, but Randolph could get us a Shooting Forward I think. Plus Alderidge can blocks shots and play much better defense than Randolph. While Randolph is the better offensive player, Alderidge and Oden could be Duncan and Robinson (Alderidge is still a pretty good Offensive player).</div>

Wouldn't Randolph and Oden be a better fit(at least for the first part of Oden's career when Oden is developing his offense)? Oden likely won't be a big offensive threat early and will be a defensive threat, while we all know what Randolph can do on offense. I couldn't imagine a team with Randolph's 20 ppg scoring and Oden's defense/rebounding and his scoring too.

2. bronbron23

bronbron23 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Bobcats Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">They have Jarrett Jack and Sergio Rodriguez, what do they need Conley for?</div>

That was my whole point, Oden wants Conley to join him on the team he gets drafted by, therefore will they try to get him if they already have two PGs?
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    There has been some talk that the team that drafts Greg Oden will be told he wants to play with point guard Mike Conley Jr., his lifelong friend and floor leader, Sam Smith of the Chicago Tribune is reporting.
    </div>
    link

3. ilive4ball

ilive4ball JBB JustBBall Member

Dude- i just watched the interview. This guy seems like a humble shaq. He's talkative and friendly and honest. None of it seemed stage. When he didn't know the answer he was like "I don't know, I haven't had time to research it yet.."

man. We are in such a great position.

4. NTC

NTC Active Member

Geez, I just realized how young this team is, they have only one player with over 6 years experience, and thats Raef LaFrentz with 8. Portland will be very scary in 5 years time.

Also what number will Oden wear I wonder? Fred Jones has #20 already.

5. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

<div class="quote_poster">NTC Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Geez, I just realized how young this team is, they have only one player with over 6 years experience, and thats Raef LaFrentz with 8. Portland will be very scary in 5 years time.

Also what number will Oden wear I wonder? Fred Jones has #20 already.</div>

Fred Jones plays less minutes then I do. Oden will get it. When you have a guy like Oden, that can be great, you give him the number. Even if Jones has been there longer, which isn't much, I think Oden will get it.

6. amador08

amador08 JBB JustBBall Member

I hope they trade Zach I dont like him at all... get someone for him.

7. rafy

rafy JBB JustBBall Member

Wow, 3 pages in the trailblazers forum, and all it did was take the 1# overall pick.

Hopefully I'll have time to scorn everyone who throws their lot in with the Trailblazer wagon (Oh yeah, it's nice to see everyone appreciated the flurry of articles and conversations with myself in here) [​IMG]

We definitely do not need Durant as much as we need Oden. As I've said before in my previous draft thoughts, we need a legit 5; and we need to ship out the dead weights. So, Oden is an absolute dream for me. As much as I love Durant, for this team to prosper as much as I think we can, we need Oden.

However taking into consideration the ridiculous surplus of big bodies on the Supes (Sene, Collison, Fortson, Petro, Swift, Wilcox), and the almost inevitable opt-out of Lewis, maybe we can milk a little more out of this incredibly lucky situation. The way I see it, the Supes just can't afford to draft another big man, especially with the uncertainty around Lewis, the obvious choice is Durant for them.

I have a high opinion of our current GM, however I hope we don't just pick Oden outright, because with a little wheeling and dealing, I think we could Oden + a pick or something. There isn't anything wrong with going the Bargnani route, but I just think we can have a slightly better draft than people are predicting if we can make a deal with the Supes. [​IMG]

8. The_Future

The_Future JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">rafy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Wow, 3 pages in the trailblazers forum, and all it did was take the 1# overall pick.

Hopefully I'll have time to scorn everyone who throws their lot in with the Trailblazer wagon (Oh yeah, it's nice to see everyone appreciated the flurry of articles and conversations with myself in here) [​IMG]

We definitely do not need Durant as much as we need Oden. As I've said before in my previous draft thoughts, we need a legit 5; and we need to ship out the dead weights. So, Oden is an absolute dream for me. As much as I love Durant, for this team to prosper as much as I think we can, we need Oden.

However taking into consideration the ridiculous surplus of big bodies on the Supes (Sene, Collison, Fortson, Petro, Swift, Wilcox), and the almost inevitable opt-out of Lewis, maybe we can milk a little more out of this incredibly lucky situation. The way I see it, the Supes just can't afford to draft another big man, especially with the uncertainty around Lewis, the obvious choice is Durant for them.

I have a high opinion of our current GM, however I hope we don't just pick Oden outright, because with a little wheeling and dealing, I think we could Oden + a pick or something. There isn't anything wrong with going the Bargnani route, but I just think we can have a slightly better draft than people are predicting if we can make a deal with the Supes. [​IMG]</div>

I agree I would love to make a deal with the Sonics and try and pry away someone away from them and there draft pick as well. It is possible, but the only problem with doing that is if Seattle does it, it probably means they want Oden and then we wouldn't get our dominant Center, but Durant is still a great consolation prize.

At this point I would rather draft Oden, but will see, I am excited though, that is for sure.

9. hapnnsas

hapnnsas JBB JustBBall Member

First off no one wears 20. Freddie Jones wears number 0.
    20 is retired for Mo Lucas, the best power forward of the 70's, and now an assistant coach for us.

Greg Oden is our pick. If we don't pick him, something is seriously wrong with Pritchard. Thankfully, he's a great GM and he knows what he's doing.

[​IMG]
    Thats a photo edit of Oden I did. I realize he's wearing 20, thats cause I had no idea what number he'd wear. I know 20's retired, and 50 his HS number is used. So we'll see.

I hope the Blazers don't become a bandwagon team, because I've been a fan my whole life and I'd hate to see people acting like they have too even though they just now start turning out for games and such. I mean I'd love for our attendance and sales to rise, but I don't want a bunch of posers there. I mean I went to 25 games this year, and there were a couple where I think I was the only guy in the arena, and a couple where it was sold out. The sold out ones clearly were a better atmosphere, but I hope the new wave of fans Oden and BRoy/LA bring in are at least rowdy and loud, not the quiet fans that just go cause they can.

I still can't believe we got the number 1 pick. This is the closest I've ever been to heaven.

10. Gee_Dupe11

Gee_Dupe11 JBB JustBBall Member

^look whos back

i agree with what u said about the bandwagon

11. asdf

asdf JBB JustBBall Member

Where on earth have these Blazers fans come from? It's like they were all hiding in a bush.

12. bronbron23

bronbron23 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">hapnnsas Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">First off no one wears 20. Freddie Jones wears number 0.
    20 is retired for Mo Lucas, the best power forward of the 70's, and now an assistant coach for us.

Greg Oden is our pick. If we don't pick him, something is seriously wrong with Pritchard. Thankfully, he's a great GM and he knows what he's doing.

[​IMG]
    Thats a photo edit of Oden I did. I realize he's wearing 20, thats cause I had no idea what number he'd wear. I know 20's retired, and 50 his HS number is used. So we'll see.

I hope the Blazers don't become a bandwagon team, because I've been a fan my whole life and I'd hate to see people acting like they have too even though they just now start turning out for games and such. I mean I'd love for our attendance and sales to rise, but I don't want a bunch of posers there. I mean I went to 25 games this year, and there were a couple where I think I was the only guy in the arena, and a couple where it was sold out. The sold out ones clearly were a better atmosphere, but I hope the new wave of fans Oden and BRoy/LA bring in are at least rowdy and loud, not the quiet fans that just go cause they can.

I still can't believe we got the number 1 pick. This is the closest I've ever been to heaven.</div>

that is some sick photoshopping

13. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">rafy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Wow, 3 pages in the trailblazers forum, and all it did was take the 1# overall pick.</div>

About damn time you came back, bro! [​IMG]

14. rafy

rafy JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">M Two One Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">About damn time you came back, bro! [​IMG]</div>

Thanks man, it's nice to be back. [​IMG]

My condolences on the Venus breakup, it sucks pretty hard that I'll never get to see them live. They're one of my favorite bands now.

Anyway, back on topic.

I was thinking, if we did decide to draft Durant, we'd be one hell of a fast-break team. I've always felt we've been a really athletic team, and we should run more. But a lot of our offense runs through Zach, which...well...obviously hampers us.

5- Aldridge
    4- Durant
    3- ???
    2- Roy
    1- Rodriguez

Add a guy like Richard Jefferson, or Rashard Lewis, whom I think Durant could learn a lot from, considering how similar they are.

We're more than just at the crossroad of who's the better player, Oden or Durant, I think it'll really determine as to how our style of basketball is going to change imo. Are we going to play Pheonix Suns basketball, or Detroit Piston Basketball.

15. SharpesTriumph

SharpesTriumph Well-Known Member

Yes, this was very exciting. I can't decide what moment I enjoyed more, winning the Oden lottery, 0.9, or the WCF.

Funny all three moments were sort of the beginning of the end for those groups, although at the time they seemed more like the beginning of many great things.

tykendo likes this.
  16. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

Wait so this site used to be a majority of non Blazer fans?

17. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

What a sad thread in retrospect.

HailBlazers likes this.
  18. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    It is a very sad thread. I hope that we don't bump a similar thread in 2039. Altho, that'd be kinda cool to think that there was still forums in the late 2030's..

SharpesTriumph and Chris Craig like this.
  19. tykendo

tykendo Don't Tread On PDX

I sure hope there are still threads , cause that probably means were doing OK. If not, i guess AI took over and we're all running for our lives. What's left of us.

Chris Craig, blazerfan11 and e_blazer like this.
  20. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

It's cute that you think most of us will live that long :devilwink:

julius likes this.