Game Thread 11:00am - (1) Rip City vs. Winner of (2) KGW vs. (3) NBC Sports Northw

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BonesJones, Jul 28, 2018.

1. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    My grandson played out of Milwaukie several years back for a guy named Bob Norene (not sure on spelling). It was a combo of Milwaukie and Putnam kids. Not sure if he is still coaching but last I heard he was going back down to the younger ages to start all over again as my grandson had him from around 5th through high school ages. Good coach that got the boys to play well together.

kjironman1 and TorturedBlazerFan like this.
  2. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

You know my brother Joe and my nephew JJ. My other nephew Amari played for Bob too.

3. CupWizier

retired

I don't remember your brother or nephew, but I do remember Amari.

dviss1 likes this.
  4. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Bob went to coach out at Riverdale some time ago. Not sure if he's still there. I refereed his teams a lot.

5. CupWizier

retired
    He's not there anymore but he was still doing some youth ball coaching as well. He had a pretty good team in the high school years as they played summer tournaments and played summer league games and were very competitive. He picked up a couple kids from Putnam as well as my grandson's best friend Xavier out of Reynolds. A funny side story is I coached one of the boys older brother as he went to Mt. Tabor where I coached 5th through 8th when my son played there and (from the dad's second marriage) had a little brother that ended up playing football, basketball and baseball with my grandson.