11 MLB free agents cited in steroid probe

Discussion in 'MLB General' started by CelticKing, Nov 8, 2007.

1. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Report: 11 players named in Mitchell's steroids probe</p>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'></p>

Eleven current free agents will be named in former Senator George Mitchell's report on steroids use in baseball and all 11 players have been notified by the commissioner's office, The Boston Globe reported on its Web site Thursday afternoon.</p>

The newspaper, citing two agents who attended Wednesday's union meeting in New York, said the agents confirmed this news Thursday.</p>

Jose Guillen, a free-agent linked to a Florida anti-aging clinic at the center of a federal investigation into illegal steroid sales, is one of the 11 players who allegedly bought steroids, The Globe reported.</p>

Baseball team officials were told last month to be prepared for Mitchell, a former Senate Majority Leader and director of the Boston Red Sox, to issue his report by the end of the year.</p>

Mitchell's staff sent lawyers representing some players with ties to the BALCO investigation letters that notified them of the deadline, CBS News reported Wednesday, citing a lawyer who received the letter.</p>

</div></p>

2. JE

JE Suspended

in between jobs right now
    Jose Guillen's not surprising to me he's a retard. I just hope no Boston players (important ones at least) get exposed at any point. Actually I'd rather they didnt do roids in the first place. Unless they want to make their dicks bigger.</p>

3. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Well none of our players look like the type to use steroids. lol (maybe big papi)</p>