#11 worst-case scenario

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by PtldPlatypus, Jun 1, 2012.

1. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

2. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

3. Harry's Raincoat

Harry's Raincoat Member

BPA at #11. If all the players listed earlier are gone in the Top 10, then Sullinger, T Ross, Wroten are the best players IMO.

I am not a fan of Henson, because he's too frail/thin to play big in the NBA. I am not a fan of Rivers because he is a ball hog and can't finish (yet). Sullinger is also probably a tweener in the NBA (i.e. Glen Davis).

Also - if we trade either of our picks for players....then we don't have cap space. Trading a pick for a player is equivalent to trading two for one in our case.
    Our best case scenario is getting either DWill (dream) or Dragic, maybe Ilyasova or other low cost b/u player, sign Freeland and Claver cheaply, then...resigning Batum and Hickson.

DWill or Dragic / Matthews / Batum / Aldridge / Hickson
    Nolan / EWill / Babbitt / Ilyasova / Freeland
    Claver and our two first round picks

4. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

ahh i might have missed it, but that was his PER as a sg, his pg numbers are pure atrociousness (5.2 PER)

so the blazers drafted a below average, old, short sg. yay.

5. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

Oh ya. I am in no way defending the pick. Only saying he has a decent chance to be a 10-12 minute combo guard in the league for a long time

6. DaLincolnJones

DaLincolnJones Well-Known Member

You dont even have to look it up to know that for years the Blazers hav drafted what, twenty ? thirty ? "piont" guards, and they all have been more combo guards or short speedballs that cant shoot or pass.

They have been able to find a few nice bigs, a few wing players, but I am sick of watching them draft shitty guards. None of the guys mentioned here at 11 would be any better than the throw away crap we have selected in the past. Forget drafting a guard in this weak ass for grards draft.

7. Blazer Freak

Blazer Freak Superstar in the Making

Management
    It really depends with who we go with at #6, if we go small with say Lillard I would be pleased if Sullinger is still there. If not, PJIII or another solid big man would be fine. If no one that is attractive to us is there I think the best move would be to package it for 14/16 or a combination of lower firsts.

If we go big with say Drummond, I think we need to take a LONG look at Terrence Ross. My gut feeling, and from what I've already started to read (Chad Ford), he is dominating workouts and could be ranked as the top SG by the time the draft rolls around. He's got an NBA body and a great shot already and could probably be plugged in at the 2 right away.

8. Ed O

Ed O Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Proven NBA vets like Crawford, Felton, Camby and Wallace?

Or some other kind of proven NBA vet?

And what proven NBA vet won't eat into the cap space that we've got?

I don't think that the team is close to being a championship level team, and if we trade away a great opportunity to inject young high-upside talent then we'll almost certainly be making a big mistake.

Ed O.