[12-2] Cavaliers vs Sonics

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by legendisdope, Dec 2, 2005.

1. legendisdope

legendisdope JBB JustBBall Member

on ESPN..Kinda late but I was too busy screaming and cheering haha.

LeBron got off to a hot start and it looked bad for us..But we kept hitting those 3s..YES.

Just discuss the game in here or something, its not as neat as the other 'official game' threads but who cares ahah.

Flip and Wilkins showed up tonight, they are playing great.

2. legendisdope

legendisdope JBB JustBBall Member

Yes! What a game that was, Flip Murray was playin soo good tonight, mostly because Damon Jones doesnt know how to play defense ahahha.

But yeah good game.

Anybody else see Bobbys tie?..Horrible, he should be fined for that haha.

3. Coolguy777

Coolguy777 JBB JustBBall Member

Probably are best win of the season thus far. The bench was what we needed it to be and it was nice to see Fortson back even though he did get thrown out but having him mkaes us better because it can keep Potapenko on the bench. Who I have no idea why is playing in front of our other bigs. I mean how bad could they be? Flip was the Flip we need. Not necesarily over 20 points a game but he played his game and played it well. They defended him horribly no doubt but he also did a good job of finding other players for open shots because of the defense he began to attract as the game went on. Wilkins also deserves some serious praise for locking down on James. I know James had a good game against us but almost all of his scoring was when we had Lewis or Vlade or Allen trying to guard him. Wilkins had some serious lockdown defense going.

4. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting legendisdope:</div><div class="quote_post">LeBron got off to a hot start and it looked bad for us..But we kept hitting those 3s..YES.</div>

That's what worries me. I don't want the supes to simply live and die by the 3. If we do we'll end up underacheiving like the Celtics of a couple years ago.

Good win. Ray needs to play (hard) the whole game. Fortson > Z.

5. Roland Hood

Roland Hood JBB JustBBall Member

Pretty pleased with the win. I thought our on the ball D and rotations were pretty agressive and although we gave up open 3's to Damon Jones it's preferrable to unimpeded foray's to the hoop and sending them to the line.

Nice to see Rashard respond to Lebron's hot start and not back down, he played a nice game.

As far as Flip, he obviously played very well. As Weiss said, his best game ever playing with Ray Allen. Seeing a Sonic - any Sonic - take it hard to the rim has been a rare sight this season. I do notice that when he gets the ball guys tend to stand around and get out of the way. But you pretty much end up with the same thing as you would with a pick and roll; he sucks the defense in, kicks it out, we swing the ball etc etc.

Now we need to beat the Wiz when they come to town [​IMG]

6. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Another day, another 100 points gienup, but I'll take the win everytime.

Flip was outstanding, and the best stat? 10-12 from the line. To get to the stripe a dozen times off the bench is an outstanding effort, and as long as he keeps attacking the basket he's going to make it hard to not play him. He is still easily our best player at taking it to the basket, and that's what he has to do.

Rashard is having a monster season - six games straight of 20+ points I believe.

7. psheehy

psheehy Beaten down by the "MAN"

Sir Desmond is right. Subjectively I thought the defense was better against Cleveland, but it really wasn't for the whole game, just when they needed it. I don't worry so much about the PPG allowed since some teams play at different paces. I like to look at the points allowed per 100 possessions.

The Cavs game was the second worst of the last 5 games in terms of that value. They allowed 118.75 pts per 100 possesions for that game and 120.74 for the Lakers game. The only statistically good defensive game was the Bobcats game which was 102.91. The real difference in the Cavs game was the stunning 126.45 points SCORED per 100 possessions by the Sonics. It is hard to lose games when the offense is that efficient and you play a little defense.

Last year the Sonics won all but 2 games where they scored >30 points in one quarter AND held the opponent to <20 points in one quarter. That was it. They won games without acheiving that metric, but really never lost. One of the games they only barely made it, scoring 30 in one quarter and holding the opponent to 20 in another, then lost in an OT rout. The other loss they gave up >40 in one quarter offsetting the <20 in another quarter. It seemed that they could get the offense flowing in one quarter and then shut down the opponent with a different lineup in another and that was all it took. They could play their weaker defense in the other three quarters and mediocre offense.

They have already lost one game this year while scoring more than thirty in one and holding the opponent to less than 20 in another (Lakers). That lies with the fact that there defense isn't adequate in the other three quarters. They gave up 32 in one and 29 in the other.