15 questions evolutionists cannot adequately answer

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by MadeFromDust, Mar 17, 2014.

1. MadeFromDust

MadeFromDust Well-Known Member

1. How did life originate? Evolutionist Professor Paul Davies admitted, “Nobody knows how a mixture of lifeless chemicals spontaneously organized themselves into the first living cell. ”Andrew Knoll, professor of biology, Harvard, said, “we don’t really know how life originated on this planet”. A minimal cell needs several hundred proteins. Even if every atom in the universe were an experiment with all the correct amino acids present for every possible molecular vibration in the supposed evolutionary age of the universe, not even one average-sized functional protein would form. So how did life with hundreds of proteins originate just by chemistry without intelligent design?

2. How did the DNA code originate? The code is a sophisticated language system with letters and words where the meaning of the words is unrelated to the chemical properties of the letters—just as the information on this page is not a product of the chemical properties of the ink (or pixels on a screen). What other coding system has existed without intelligent design? How did the DNA coding system arise without it being created?

3. How could mutations—accidental copying mistakes (DNA ‘letters’ exchanged, deleted or added, genes duplicated, chromosome inversions, etc.)—create the huge volumes of information in the DNA of living things? How could such errors create 3 billion letters of DNA information to change a microbe into a microbiologist? There is information for how to make proteins but also for controlling their use—much like a cookbook contains the ingredients as well as the instructions for how and when to use them. One without the other is useless. See: Meta-information: An impossible conundrum for evolution. Mutations are known for their destructive effects, including over 1,000 human diseases such as hemophilia. Rarely are they even helpful. But how can scrambling existing DNA information create a new biochemical pathway or nano-machines with many components, to make ‘goo-to-you’ evolution possible? E.g., How did a 32-component rotary motor like ATP synthase (which produces the energy currency, ATP, for all life), or robots like kinesin (a ‘postman’ delivering parcels inside cells) originate?

4. Why is natural selection, a principle recognized by creationists, taught as ‘evolution’, as if it explains the origin of the diversity of life? By definition it is a selective process (selecting from already existing information), so is not a creative process. It might explain the survival of the fittest (why certain genes benefit creatures more in certain environments), but not the arrival of the fittest (where the genes and creatures came from in the first place). The death of individuals not adapted to an environment and the survival of those that are suited does not explain the origin of the traits that make an organism adapted to an environment. E.g., how do minor back-and-forth variations in finch beaks explain the origin of beaks or finches? How does natural selection explain goo-to-you evolution?

5. How did new biochemical pathways, which involve multiple enzymes working together in sequence, originate? (This video simply explains the concept of a short biochemical pathway.) Every pathway and nano-machine requires multiple protein/enzyme components to work. How did lucky accidents create even one of the components, let alone 10 or 20 or 30 at the same time, often in a necessary programmed sequence. Evolutionary biochemist Franklin Harold wrote, “we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical or cellular system, only a variety of wishful speculations.”

6. Living things look like they were designed, so how do evolutionists know that they were not designed? Richard Dawkins wrote, “biology is the study of complicated things that have the appearance of having been designed with a purpose. ”Francis Crick, the co-discoverer of the double helix structure of DNA, wrote, “Biologists must constantly keep in mind that what they see was not designed, but rather evolved. ”The problem for evolutionists is that living things show too much design. Who objects when an archaeologist says that pottery points to human design? Yet if someone attributes the design in living things to a designer, that is not acceptable. Why should science be restricted to naturalistic causes rather than logical causes?

7. How did multi-cellular life originate? How did cells adapted to individual survival ‘learn’ to cooperate and specialize (including undergoing programmed cell death) to create complex plants and animals?

8. How did sex originate? Asexual reproduction gives up to twice as much reproductive success (‘fitness’) for the same resources as sexual reproduction, so how could the latter ever gain enough advantage to be selected? And how could mere physics and chemistry invent the complementary apparatuses needed at the same time (non-intelligent processes cannot plan for future coordination of male and female organs).

9. Why are the (expected) countless millions of transitional fossils missing? Darwin noted the problem and it still remains. The evolutionary family trees in textbooks are based on imagination, not fossil evidence. Famous Harvard paleontologist (and evolutionist), Stephen Jay Gould, wrote, “The extreme rarity of transitional forms in the fossil record persists as the trade secret of paleontology”. Other evolutionist fossil experts also acknowledge the problem.

10. How do ‘living fossils’ remain unchanged over supposed hundreds of millions of years, if evolution has changed worms into humans in the same time frame? Professor Gould wrote, “the maintenance of stability within species must be considered as a major evolutionary problem.”

[​IMG]

The horseshoe crab is one of thousands of organisms living today that show little change from their ‘deep time’ fossils. In the supposed ‘200 million’ years that the horseshoe crab has remained unchanged (no evolution), virtually all reptiles, dinosaurs, birds, mammals and flowering plants have supposedly evolved.

11. How did blind chemistry create mind/ intelligence, meaning, altruism and morality? If everything evolved, and we invented God, as per evolutionary teaching, what purpose or meaning is there to human life? Should students be learning nihilism (life is meaningless) in science classes?

12. Why is evolutionary ‘just-so’ story-telling tolerated? Evolutionists often use flexible story-telling to ‘explain’ observations contrary to evolutionary theory. NAS(USA) member Dr Philip Skell wrote, “Darwinian explanations for such things are often too supple: Natural selection makes humans self-centered and aggressive—except when it makes them altruistic and peaceable. Or natural selection produces virile men who eagerly spread their seed—except when it prefers men who are faithful protectors and providers. When an explanation is so supple that it can explain any behavior, it is difficult to test it experimentally, much less use it as a catalyst for scientific discovery.”

13. Where are the scientific breakthroughs due to evolution? Dr Marc Kirschner, chair of the Department of Systems Biology, Harvard Medical School, stated: “In fact, over the last 100 years, almost all of biology has proceeded independent of evolution, except evolutionary biology itself. Molecular biology, biochemistry, physiology, have not taken evolution into account at all. ”Dr Skell wrote, “It is our knowledge of how these organisms actually operate, not speculations about how they may have arisen millions of years ago, that is essential to doctors, veterinarians, farmers … . ”Evolution actually hinders medical discovery. Then why do schools and universities teach evolution so dogmatically, stealing time from experimental biology that so benefits humankind?

14. Science involves experimenting to figure out how things work; how they operate. Why is evolution, a theory about history, taught as if it is the same as this operational science? You cannot do experiments, or even observe what happened, in the past. Asked if evolution has been observed, Richard Dawkins said, “Evolution has been observed. It’s just that it hasn’t been observed while it’s happening.”

15. Why is a fundamentally religious idea, a dogmatic belief system that fails to explain the evidence, taught in science classes? Karl Popper, famous philosopher of science, said “Darwinism is not a testable scientific theory, but a metaphysical [religious] research programme ….”Michael Ruse, evolutionist science philosopher admitted, “Evolution is a religion. This was true of evolution in the beginning, and it is true of evolution still today. ”If “you can’t teach religion in science classes”, why is evolution taught?

http://creation.com/15-questions

Good luck.

2. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Why did god mix our pee and sex parts together? If I was god I would have separated those things.

3. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

4. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

Who gives a fuck? I watched some of that Cosmos show last night and was bored to death with the fuck religion, science rules crap on it.

We could all be in Lisa Simpson's little petrie dish world for all I know. Or The Matrix. Religion and science can't prove shit.

5. riverman

riverman Writing Team

who would put a playground next to a sewage processing plant with an amonia release valve? I think I stole that from Louis CK

6. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Oh Sly! Do I need to remind you what you ain't?

7. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Or in the words of George Carlin, "I'm from the church of I don't fucking know"

8. riverman

riverman Writing Team

You lost me when you started claiming what people cannot do...I never buy that line.

9. MadeFromDust

1. Mutations do not produce new purposeful genetic information.
    2. Evolution of a new species as a result of new genetic code arising has never been observed.
    3. There is no proven mechanism that can explain how new purposeful genetic information could arise, and statistically it is impossible.
    4. There is no known proven mechanism that can explain all the steps for a living cell to form from nonliving molecules (abiogenesis), and statistically it is impossible.
    5. Abiogenesis has never been observed and all experiments to initiate it have failed.
    6. The fossil record is a record of extinction of fully formed animals and plants- not a record of the evolution of life forms.
    7. There are no fossils of proven mutant evolutionary intermediate organisms, yet there should be millions and millions of fossils of such mutations. That is, we have no evidence of actual evolution in the fossil record.
    8. Some of the oldest fossil-bearing rocks contain fully developed advanced animals such as trilobites, with no evidence of evolutionary ancestors.
    9. Erosion rates for the continents are too fast for the continents and their fossil content to be old enough for supposed evolution to occur.
    10. There are not enough ocean sediments or volcanic deposits for the continents to be old enough to allow for supposed evolution.
    11. Radiometric dating results give old ages for recent rock, so we cannot accurately "know" the age of rocks. Also, the finding of carbon-14 in coal and diamonds means that these deposits must be less than 100,000 years old, indicating insufficient time for supposed evolution.
    12. The rate of mutation of DNA currently observed suggest that DNA must be less than 100,000 years old, which is not enough time for supposed evolution.

10. MadeFromDust

Like I said before, even if scientists were to recreate life in a lab, it would be the product of intelligent design, not "abiogenesis". It will never happen though anyway because it's simply too complex for the human mind to grasp. Separating abiogenesis from Evolution is also a dodge on the part of evolutionists IMO. Probably because there is no explanation even close to being viable so they simply try to stay as far away from it as possible and say it has nothing to do with their theory. It's a problem that must be dealt with. I also find it funny how mindless forces of nature supposedly created an intelligent world, yet the intelligent world cannot recreate what the lifeless forces of nature "made".

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  11. bodyman5000 and 1

Exactly. My girlfriend gets pissed when I don't believe something she tells me and I check for myself. Maybe if she was a 1000 and 0 in those situations I'd stop. But, sometimes she is wrong.

Fuck, maybe those so called living fossils changed a shit ton over millions of years but just happen to have changed back to what they used to be just in time for us to notice they didn't change. Think about THAT

12. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

"non-intelligent processes cannot plan for future coordination of male and female organs"

The couple I just saw exchanging phone numbers at the St. Patrick's Day celebration suggests otherwise.

barfo

13. bodyman5000 and 1

My girlfriend has made amazing dinners she can't recreate to save her life. I made a sweet no look somersault pool underwater swish basketball shot on my first try ever and couldn't make it again in a hundred tries.

Those things you write prove nothing any more than their theories prove nothing.Don't start saying I don't know which terms mean what and yadda blah dee da. Don't care, they are all invented by man.

14. MadeFromDust

Except that a living cell is about a trillion times more intricate than those things you mentioned, and they aren't even relatable. A cell is basically a mini city which has inter-working parts and systems that all must have evolved independently and separately from each other and then work together. Sound conceivable to you? One simple cell is more complex than anything human hands have ever made, that's just a simple truth. To say it arose by blind chance is absurdity, and as stated above, essentially statistically impossible.

15. MadeFromDust

What people cannot do? So what did?

16. bodyman5000 and 1

So somebody had to make cells? What is that somebody made of then? Couldn't be cells cause the first guy couldn't exist. I see things in the world that are so amazing that I think somebody had to have made it, but then I wonder if I don't just think that because I wish it were so. Like when we see faces in inanimate objects...we are looking for them.

I remember saying I didn't mind religion because I hoped they were right or at least figured there was no harm in it. If they were wrong they die, if right....heaven! Barfo came along and told me some old French guy thought of it first.....or some old guy from somewhere, maybe not France.

Anyway, my point is that none of us really know.

I remember that question we asked our pastor when I was a kid. Can God make a rock he can't lift? They always told us God could do anything.

17. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    I'd love to be able to talk and communicate with a burning bush.

Oh, and how can one live up to 900 years like Moses?

:devilwink:

18. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Primordial soup, the sponge, heating oceans, and I'm still trying to understand how you counted to a trillion X or is that maybe a slight exagerration? Measurements are more often than not flawed or made to be disproven. Rock dating mutated in the 60's and I blame the Rolling Stones. There's an example of demostrable evolution. What those guys have done with substances would kill a less evolved Rocker. If you think I'm really going to help you with your theology term paper here, I know it's finals this week, just helped my son study but...nah

19. riverman

riverman Writing Team

ok, one thing here, dogs have been bred to create new types of dogs. We even have genetically altered food. I don't think cavemen concieved of the idea of silicon breast implants but...tadah!!! They're here now. What force of nature created those? Was is god? Is that where the expression, "Thank God" came from? The man who sent the mars crawler to mars is a little different from the guy who picked his nose with a bone and hunted the wolly mammoth. We haven't even cracked the secrets of the ocean and you're using fossils and dna strands as the basis for all evolution? What about things we cannot see or comprehend with modern tools? There's hope, we're evolving.

20. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    You couldn't be more wrong. His girlfriend's amazing dinners are made entirely of trillions of living and/or formerly alive cells.

As for evolution, like the rest of the cosmos, there is no logical reason that it must have a beginning or end.