Notice 16 players the Portland Trail Blazers should consider trading for

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BigGameDamian, Jan 4, 2018.

1. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Turner would be coming home to a Chicago where he played well a few days ago?

2. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

He's also 29 an has $2.5+ years left on a contract that pays him $17+ million a year.

None of that is desirable for a team that is rebuilding. The Bulls aren't making the playoffs and have no reason to want to add an overpaid veteran like Turner.

BOS would probably like to have him back, but not at his currently salary. They are probably saving all of their eggs to toss in the Anthony Davis basket anyway.

CLE might be interested, but we'd have to add on Ed Davis (who would be the guy they'd really want) and take back a couple of their bad contracts.

TOR could probably use him as a DeMarre Carroll replacement, but if they wanted that, they could have just kept Carroll and saved some money.

Yeah, I'm just not seeing a lot of possibilities. If something does happen with Turner, it will probably be a three or four team deal. I don't see many (if any) straight up swaps that would work for both teams.

BNM

3. tester551

tester551 Well-Known Member

Minnesota
    Turner + ED ($23.5M) for Dieng + Aldrich + Muhammad ($22.9M)
    - Minnesota shuffles things around. The get a wing (which they want) and a productive backup big to replace Dieng. They also get to dump two contracts of players who are out of the rotation. Also keeps Minny out of the tax.

Chicago

Dieng + Mo + Swainagan ($25.6M) for Mirotic + Grant ($14.2M)
    - Chicago gets a starting center to replace RoLo, and they roll the dice on a couple of prospects for a bit of cap space.

Portland

Aldrich + Muhammad + Mirotic + Grant ($23M) for Turner + ED + Mo + Swainagan ($35M)
    - Portland gets a bunch of 2-year deals and gets out of the longer term salary of ET & Mo.
    Muhammad is a placeholder at backup SF (behind Aminu). Grant allows Portland to start looking to swap Napier for a longer term solution at SF.

AFully22 likes this.
  4. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I like it a lot--and with Aldrich and Mirotic involved, I'm sure Olshey would be down... :evilfire:

5. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    My top target would be Marcus Smart.

The perfect third guard. You could probably even get away with him starting at SF -- he's that good of a defender.

6. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

Smart is awesome, but what would it take

7. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

8. Mr. Robot

Mr. Robot Well-Known Member

would Mirotic be a good fit for this team, I mean, he can shoot, but he doesnt play defense and he wouldnt shoot as much as for the CHI
    Im not sure I would do anything at the PF position, Id stick with Vonleh and Collins

get a shooter at the SF position... yes we could bring both Mirotic and SF and suddenly become very good shooting team, but our defense would likely be not as good as it is now, so question is how much worse would it get and would it be worth it

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018