1st round: LAL defeats OKC 4-2

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by Lost One, Apr 13, 2010.

?

Lakers vs. Thunder

1. Lakers in 4

9.1%
  2. Lakers in 5

50.0%
  3. Lakers in 6

18.2%
  4. Lakers in 7

4.5%
  5. Thunder upset the Lakers

18.2%
  1. QuickShift

QuickShift Revenge Is Coming

Electrical Designer
    Re: 1st round: OKC Thunder vs LA Lakers (Lakers lead 3-2)

Ok.

2. anique_24

anique_24 Active Member

Still a student.

What do you guys think of game 6? Win or loss? Blowout or nail-biter?

3. QuickShift

QuickShift Revenge Is Coming

Electrical Designer

This teams so hard to predict...... I really think it could go either way... Nail-Biter for sure though.

4. ¹²³

¹²³ ¼½¾

Would you actually prefer another coach in Phil's position? Give me a name. Every coach has flaws, I just think our coach is the best in the game.

5. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.

Show me what Phil has done this season that makes him so special.

I'd prefer to have Stan, Pop, Rivers, various guys.

You're in love with Phil. You just said you don't care if he plays a point guard worse than Adam Morrison per minute.

Does Phil even preach defense as good as other coaches? Didn't seem like we emphasized it until after the 08 Finals.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  6. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

HK, I don't think anyone on this site takes you seriously anymore. Have you ever heard people say that stats don't mean everything? Yes, Fisher is garbage...but he still brings more to this team than Farmar and Shannon, who think that they are playing a pick up game in NYC every time they are on the court. Having 3 shitty PG's is not Phil's fault, that lies on Mitch. Is Phil too loyal? Yes. Is Phil a bad coach? Fuck no. You might be the only person that is a Lakers' fan who prefers other coaches over Phil.

7. huevonkiller

Student.

Well you also think Kobe had a great season? I thought he was awful for his standards. I'm a pretty objective guy. I can't take anyone seriously that thinks Fisher is better than anyone on this team, he's trash right now. Nice guy, but he has an ego on offense and he can't defend anyone.

Yeah fancy stats aren't for everyone but it is obvious Fisher is a cancer. Phil isn't that good, last year you were upset with his rotations and similar issues concerning Fisher. What does Fisher do better than Shannon?

In 2009 Shannon was clearly outplaying Fisher, Phil still wouldn't give in and it almost cost us against Houston. Thank God he was suspended for Game 3, Farmar totally owned Fisher that series.

Not much has changed except that Phil is a tired old dude that should probably retire. He didn't teach Lamar how to be inconsistent, he doesn't keep Kobe in check, he doesn't teach defense, and he didn't teach Pau how to use his post moves. This was a mature team last year and he barely played Ariza until the very end as well.

I give him credit during the three peat era but lately he's not been too useful. Our team doesn't have the same Shaq-Kobe internal conflict.

Worst of all we have people saying they don't care how terrible Fisher is, that I don't understand.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  8. huevonkiller

Student.

I'm pretty sure Farmar's ears are what bother you, not his game. Jordan has owned Fisher this season. Derek can't even hit three pointers anymore.

Farmar gives up 19 points a game on 44% shooting to point guards, Fisher gives up 21 on 52% shooting.
    How is Fisher better? That's just crazy to me.

I'm pretty sure anyone can understand that.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  9. ¹²³

¹²³ ¼½¾

Do you think the Lakers will win the champiosnhip this year?

10. huevonkiller

Student.

Nah.

11. Mamba

Fisher knows his place on this team. He doesn't ignore Kobe on offense, he doesn't ignore the bigs as much as Farmar, and his value is as a team leader. His closed door meetings, his veteran grit, his inspirational speeches he gives. Farmar, on the other hand, doesn't play a lick of defense, shoots way too much from the perimeter and thinks he is a superstar on this team.

Did Kobe have a great year? Not by his standards...key words there are his standards. He started the year executing in the post and he hit a bunch of big shots this year. He started to get worse as the injuries piled on. That isn't Phil's fault, is it? He can't just bench his star player who has an ego that not many have. Kobe decided to play through the injuries and play basketball in the off-season.

I never disagreed with you that Fish doesn't suck, but the other options aren't better in the starting lineup. Shannon is nice off the bench, but lets face it...he's basically a shooting guard with bad handles. He doesn't attack the rim as much as he did last year, either. The issue with the PG position is we don't have a PG that is starting-lineup worthy. That is what Mitch needs to fix in the off-season.

12. huevonkiller

Student.

Hey Fisher was a nice little guard for us. I liked him up until last season, but he's old now and he's become useless on the court. Give him a position on the coaching staff and/or make him the third PG off the bench. Fisher did not defend well in the last title run either. Had he played in Game 3 against Houston we might have lost that series and a title. Farmar did his job and contained Brooks, the playoffs are about matchups and Phil wasn't doing his job.

The point is that even Farmar has surpassed him, not that Jordan is our best option at that position. Like Artest on Durant somewhat, Shannon would be able to defend the Deron Williams and Aaron Brooks in the league while providing enough of a spark (it isn't just about offense). We can have Kobe facilitate for us on offense and it will be easier on his injured body.

Farmar also used to be a pretty decent player back in 2007-2008, he hasn't reached that level again but he has surpassed a 35 year old Fisher. Derek's contributions are off the court, we don't have to get rid of that by benching him. Also if we need a hard foul or enforcer Derek can sacrifice himself.

Kobe did start off well and then got banged up, I agree. I love his post moves and such, but Kobe does whatever he feels like on the court for the most part. A player with his abilities doesn't need much coaching, and this Laker team is pretty damn close unlike the 3-peat years. For example, I believe it was Kobe that had the desire to guard Westbrook, otherwise we would have put Derek on him again.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  13. Patriot

Patriot Active Member

Lakers win the series tonight, I'm calling it.

14. Mamba

Holy shit, the only productive thing Gasol does offensively alll night is win the game!

15. lakerman24

lakerman24 Member

We WIN, but I gotta say. The OKC Thunder: Youngest team in the league, what a classy group of guys, GREAT coach, and GREAT star. Also GREAT fans. Congrats OKC, they really stuck it to us.

16. huevonkiller

Student.
    Kobe is a man.

Gasol is a man.

Moo's second favorite player blows. Durant is no MVP.

17. huevonkiller

Student.
    They'll be dangerous in the future, right now they're hyped up.

18. lakerman24

lakerman24 Member

As a Laker fan, I understand I'm supposed to hate every other team, but I'm telling you, just can't hate these guys. Classy group of guys, way beyond their years.

19. Patriot

Patriot Active Member

Yeah bitches, what'd I say!?!?!?

Holy fuck when Kobe missed that shot I thought it was truly over. Thank God for Gasol. FUCKING LOVE YOU MAN!

Fisher and Brown played excellent as well, making some shots. :cheers:

20. AKIRA

AKIRA GO LAKERS!!!

more things
    just woke up to see the score, i was out till 6am last night djing in the bitter cold, got severley drunk. but i was there for the final minute, thankgod, and i am so pleased, I feel so good we won, the thunder really shocked us, but i think it woke this team up and put them into the playoff mindset. big props to durant and westbrook, they showed they can play at an elite level, sort of, they just need a few more years behind them and a better big man and they'll be a force.

oh and who do we play in the next round?