20 players the Portland Trail Blazers should target this offseason

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by SlyPokerDog, May 15, 2018.

1. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

Just gonna bump this instead of starting a new thread.

Here’s a name, and it’s contingent on trading or benching Turner; Rajon Rondo.

If a Turner trade or benching happens (pretty big if but I do think the Blazers will use one of their expirings in a trade, and Turner has the largest one) Portland will be in the market for someone to run their second unit, but they won’t exactly have much financial flexibility. Rondo should be affordable as he’ll be 33. He’s a proven vet who takes his game to another level in the playoffs (as the blazers experienced first hand.) Hes improved as an outside shooter and should be a massive upgrade over Turner in every way. We could also use someone that plays with his attitude and he can take some of the pressure off Dame as he’s reliable with the ball in his hands and can defend bigger players.

2. DDolla

DDolla Well-Known Member

Tobias Harris for me

Hoopguru likes this.
  3. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

I dont want that trash human being anywhere near my team, sorry. Dudes a POS.

4. BonesJones

And how would we possibly acquire him?

5. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

all Portland will have, unless they want to get hard-capped, is the taxpayer-MLE. That's about 5.3 million IIRC, and that's not going to go very far

Portland also is between a rock and a hard spot in terms of tax and I'm not sure how much stomach there is up in Seattle for the Blazers to be a taxpayer again next season

6. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

Based on what? Look who he’s had problems with. Chris Paul, Doc. They’re the real assholes. Most guys that played with him think he’s a great teammate.

Like Mirotic:

“Along with Pau (Gasol), he’s the best teammate I’ve ever had,” Mirotic said.

“I feel so comfortable with him and I think all the young guys do,” Mirotic said. “He’s very honest. He’s talking all the time, supporting before the game, after the game, during the practice. He’s always positive. Even if something is not going well, he’s trying to help young players.”

Taj Gibson:

"He's just a great teammate," Taj Gibson said earlier this season. "He's always inspiring. If you're not feeling right, he's always going to have your back no matter what. That's the type of player I want to play with forever."

Or how about Rick Carlisle, who Stotts is close with?

Checkered relationships have not prevented Rondo from gaining the respect or entering the good graces of many around the league. Mavericks head coach Rick Carlisle has recommended Rondo's services to multiple teams since his time in Dallas.

kjironman1 likes this.
  7. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Done 2 interviews with Rondo. Once while he was in college and once while he was in Boston for NIKE. Down to earth dude, very cool. Heard only good things about him from other players.

8. BonesJones

I've heard a bunch of things that have formed my opinion. Maybe hes fine but the dude has quit on the Mavericks and said things that I really dont respect (remember when he cut through the media room this year)?