2003-04 Milwaukee Bucks Season Awards

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by gmanspack, Apr 29, 2004.

1. gmanspack

gmanspack JBB JustBBall Member

Bucks shocked a lot of people this season by hanging on the the 4th seed almost all season, before slipping down to end up at .500 (41-41) and the 6th seed gift of playing Detroit. Only bad thing is that they have no 1st rd pick, thanks to Anthony Mason.

Most Valuable Player:

Most Improved Player:

Best Sixth Man:

Best Defensive Player:

Rookie of the Year:

Play of the Year:

Game of the Year:

Post your nominations for those categories, elaborate if you like and feel free to post any other comments.

Totals will be tallied at the end for winners.

2. gmanspack

gmanspack JBB JustBBall Member

Most Valuable Player:
    Michael Redd- No question about it, Mike kept us afloat all year long going from a top 6th man, to an All-Star. He can only get better.

Most Improved Player:
    Redd- Jump from bench player to All-Star is a big one, and he made it tremendously. If it wasn't for Redd, Damon Jones or Joe Smith would have got my vote.

Best Sixth Man:
    Desmond Mason- Dez was again one of the top 6th men in the league, scoring 14 PPG off the bench, and providing at least 1 highlight reel dunk of the game.

Best Defensive Player:
    Joe Smith- "The Beast" was no doubt the best D player on the team. At the end of the season, he was playing the best basketball of his career. Remember he is only 27, and the Bucks think his best days are ahead.

Rookie of the Year:
    TJ Ford- This ones kind of obvious. With TJ Ford, the Bucks set the pace of the game, TJ is one of the top 3 fastest players in the game, and was this teams leader. A rookie showing that much leadership and playing so well is awesome. Too bad the season had to end the way it did for the Texas Tornado. Hopefully he will return at full strength next season.

Play of the Year:
    TJ Ford's bounce pass to Desmond for an ally-hoop- This was an awesome dunk, and awesome pass. You would have to see it to know how sweet it was. Runner up was Dez's reverse ally-hoop from TJ over Lebron, and Dez's posterizing of VC.

Game of the Year:
    Spurs @ home, The replay game, Duncan got the would be winning shot off split seconds too late according to the replay, and the place went nuts and the Bucks were celebrating with the fans, just an overall great game.

3. Saves

Saves JBB JustBBall Member

Most Valuable Player: Mike Redd. No need to elaborate.

Most Improved Player: " "

Best Sixth Man: Dez. By far, he's my favorite player on the team. His desire, work ethic and effort inspire me. Great defender, outstanding dunker, and a great captain. His J is improving also. Good things ahead for D-Mase.

Best Defensive Player: It's a toss between Joe Smith or Tony Kukoc. Smith hussles his tail off every game and just basically plays great game-in, game-out.

...sarcasm on Tony...

Rookie of the Year: TJ. Loved him. He got hurt. Missed him.

Play of the Year: TJ's bounce pass to D-Mase for the dunk. I had frontrow seats in that game, and I almost wet my pants. ...Still amazed.

A close second goes to when Dez posterized Lamond Murray.

Game of the Year: SA @ Mil. Same reasons as gman.

4. Shard

Shard Hi2u

Most Valuable Player: Michael Redd

Most Improved Player:
    Michael Redd

Best Sixth Man:
    Desmond Mason

Best Defensive Player:
    Joe Smith

Rookie of the Year:
    TJ Ford

Play of the Year:
    N/A

Game of the Year:
    N/A

I know we have the same picks gman, but you pretty much summed it up because those guys were clear winners.

5. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

Why no love for Skinner, Gadzuric or Jones?

Most Valuable Player: Michael Redd, unquestionable.

Most Improved Player: Michael Redd.

Best Sixth Man: Desmond Mason, such a nice guy on and off court. Great leader, great player, he's going to breakout once he improves.

Best Defensive Player: Skinner, Jones and Smith for me.

Rookie of the Year: TJ, he needs to get a shot though, I hope he recovers, what he went through was bad.

Play of the Year: Getting into the playoffs, mostly Redd's really quick 3's and DMase's dunks.

Game of the Year: Beating Detroit in the playoffs.