** 2004 Offical Draft Board **

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by N4S, Jun 24, 2004.

1. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

Who do you guys think got picked to high and who got picked to low.I say the guy from the Raps to high, and of course Jameer to low.

2. Zhone

Zhone JBB JustBBall Member

The ESPN talk is moderated so the moderator selects out of a batch of questions.

3. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Philla Fan 22:</div><div class="quote_post">Who do you guys think got picked to high and who got picked to low.I say the guy from the Raps to high, and of course Jameer to low.</div>
    The Raptors picked Araujo wayyy too high, and Jameer should've gone higher, Devin Harris wasn't a surprise, I expect he could go that high, interesting thing, Gordon, Livingston, Harris, 3, 4, 5.

4. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

What is with the ESPN audio? They got all this echo and they got people in the crowd who won't quiet down. Its annoying.

5. Zhone

Zhone JBB JustBBall Member

It's the Madison Square Garden, those guys never quiet down, even during the draft.

6. Kaillou

Kaillou JBB JustBBall Member

I think Raptor fans shouldnt be so quick to jump on Araujo.. hes almost 24, so hes NBA ready, hes got a big body, and he'll play Center, moving Bosh to PF, where he belongs, and Marshall to SF possibly, with Carter and Rose in the back-court, I like that lineup. Araujo will eat up rebounds and bring the Raptors the big man they need.

I guess the Bulls think Ben Gordon is Allen Iverson, because he'll likely play SG. Did you guys notice that this is the 3rd year in a row the Bulls have picked a PG in the first round. And getting Deng at 7 is a nice steal for them. But the Bulls also take Duhon in the 2nd, WHY another PG?

Great pick-up for the Magic and getting Nelson, it seems the rebuildin stage is in progress. They land a solid point guard and a solid PF for the future. T-Mac should really consider staying with the team, but maybe thats just my opinion.

Washington got a steal in Ramos in the 2nd, I think hes a great prospect.

Bobcats got a great guy to build around in Okafor, if he can stay healthy, I think hes more NBA ready than Dwight Howard.

My digital cable had to blank out today, thus making me miss the draft, quite frusturating.

7. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    WHy all the heat on Rafael Araujo? Kaillou said it right, he has a big body and is NBA ready. Look at Dirk from Dallas, many were saying at first, "who the hell is this guy?" Now look at where he's at. Raf could become a top guy, and being picked higher in the draft will definitly give him more confidence.

Btw, I believe they took Duhon in Chicago because they want Gordon playing the 2 spot. They do not have another point on the bench, this would would be a wise decision, plus his Duke teammate Luol Deng is on the team to help out.

8. og15

og15 JBB *********

Donyell Marshall can't play SF, let's not go crazy here, I mean he can but he's such a defensive liability there, and on offense he'll become even more of a catch and shoot player than he already is because he isn't doing anything off the dribble.

I'm not mad at Araujo just expected better, and I'm not happy either, first year if he plays something like 26 minutes, he'll get 8 points, 6 rebounds, 0.4 blocks and shoot like 47% from the field.

9. Kaillou

Well, hes a bit of a project, but hes our future at Center. Bosh is NOT a Center.. he needs to be moved to PF, thats why I like this pick. Im sure Marshall will be seeing a lot of time at SF if Araujo sees the floor a lot, because who else would start at SF? Possibly Lamond Murray, or Alvin in the starting lineup and Carter plays the 3. But anyways, I really like the pick-up for the Raps.

10. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Same here, I'm hoping for the best up there in Toronto.

11. purpleb0n9

purpleb0n9 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Chungster:</div><div class="quote_post">Also, when was the last time a good european player was selected? Pau Gasol was and might be the last good european player to be selected in decades to come.</div>

Hey Chungster, you forgot Darko Milicic? :P

I think the Magic did the right thing by drafting Dwight over Emeka because he can potentially be one of the top five power forwards in the league in the future while the most Emeka can be may be a decent healthy Alonzo Mourning or Ben Wallace.

12. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Being a Ben Wallace type of player is saying a lot. I like Emeka more to build a team around than a risky high schooler.

13. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kaillou:</div><div class="quote_post">I think Raptor fans shouldnt be so quick to jump on Araujo.. hes almost 24, so hes NBA ready, hes got a big body, and he'll play Center, moving Bosh to PF, where he belongs, and Marshall to SF possibly, with Carter and Rose in the back-court, I like that lineup. Araujo will eat up rebounds and bring the Raptors the big man they need.
    </div>

Are you on something? A back court of Carter and Rose? Ok, so, you don't want a point guard on the floor now? Wow. If that's the starting back court next year, that team will be in some trouble. Neither Carter or Rose is a point guard, so, who's gonna distribute the rock for ya? Plus, if teams were smart, they'd pressure that every time they get the chance. That would lead to plenty of turnovers cause, playing shooting guard or small forward all your life, your not used to bringing the ball up court with pressure. Man, I'm sorry, you can live in your fantasy world thinking that they don't need a point guard, but, there's no way that'd work. Carter already can't lead his team so you give him the role of point which requires even more leadership. That wouldn't work. You need a true point guard on the court, not a make-shift one.

14. og15

og15 JBB *********

We are rumoured to be getting Troy Hudson, Donyell Marshall is not playing SF.

Our roster will be:

PG: FA PG or Maybe Alvin
    SG: Jalen Rose
    SF: Vince Carter
    PF: Chris Bosh (but Babcock said he'll still play some center [​IMG])
    C: Rafael Araujo

6th Man: Donyell Marshall
    9th Man: Jerome Moiso

The rest of our bench needs to be upgraded and re-tooled.
    One NBA.com it says Lammond Murray - May Terminate Contract [​IMG]
    http://www.nba.com/draft2004/overview_atlantic.html#tor

15. Kaillou

Rose can play PG, so I dont know what you're talking about. He has the ability to be a great ball handler as a big man, and can also score and get some boards as a point. Theres no reason Rose cant play PG. Infact, he was playing PG with Williams at SG last year.

16. og15

og15 JBB *********

Who's saying he can't, I just don't want him at PG, he's the worst defensive liability at PG I've seen in my life, at least the SG's won't be as quick, and he's not strong enough to play effectively at the 3 so SG is best for him.

17. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

About Lamond Murray, if he can't be turned around by Sam Mitchell and produce and play with the swagger and game he had in Cleveland, than I think we should buyout his contract.

18. TmacJameer77

TmacJameer77 JBB JustBBall Member

why didn't jameer go in the top 5. I bet he's gonna be a rookie of the year candidate.

19. celticsfuture8

celticsfuture8 JBB Banned Member

Al Jefferson is going to be amazing!

20. celticsfuture8

celticsfuture8 JBB Banned Member

even with the addition of Antoine Walker.