2004 Round 1 Draft Possibilities

Discussion in 'AFC South' started by Steelerfan_2005, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

I am going to be working on the Mock Drafts and projecting all 32 teams first round selections. I thought I'd start with Houston being that they have had the least amount of action recently here at the NFL Forums. Hopefully I can get all 32 teams done before the draft in 3 months... [​IMG]

*It's actually 31 teams as Baltimore doesn't have a first rounder (N.E has it)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

After my extensive research, I have found that these are the most likely canidates for the Texans to draft from their 10th spot. It seems as though they are eyeing up a DT, but could stray if Winslow is still around at 10.

They certainly need help at Defensive Line, but a guy like Winslow would finish off what is going to be a top offense in the NFL. With Davis stepping on the scene and David Carr gaining experience, a guy like Winslow could be icing on the cake. Andre Johnson and Jabbar Gaffney are no laughers.

As for the defense, they have to improve their play up front against the run. They were soft on defense all year, but all good defenses start with a solid front seven. The secondary will improve with a stronger push up front.

I'm curious to see what anyone else thinks of the Texans draft choice. Any Texan fans? or even bored football fans? What do you guys think?

2. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

I like you idea SF thats definitely cool.

I would think they would be better off going def instead of winslow. Ya he is a great talent but If I'm dom capers I'm not looking for T O two. Plus what are all the teams with that hybrid TE/WR doing now? They are sitting at home. In my eyes all you need at TE is someone with good blocking ability and good hands. You don't need a gamebreaker. It's nice if they fall into your hands but I wouldn't go TE over any top DL in the draft. Also I think the texans already have a solid TE in Billy Miller who is still young and at affordable money.

Another reason is Dom Capers runs the 3-4 and steve martin and whoever else they were throwing in at the nose obviously wasn't getting the job done. Not everyone gets as lucky as the Pats and gets Ted Washington, a huge body at cheap money for a 4th round pick and he can stop the run as good as anyone, the ideal nose tackle.

So with that said I'm not a huge college fan so I didn't vote on a single player because I don't know much about the interior lineman coming out.

3. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

Are you still going to do the mock draft?

4. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

Yes, it's just been really busy with things going on with work. I haven't had time to do the research I want. I will do some good stuff in April... [​IMG]