2005 All-Americans

Discussion in 'Men's College Basketball' started by N4S, Jun 30, 2004.

1. N4S

N4S BBW Member

I can only think of 2 definite All-Americans as of now and they'd be:

Hakim Warrick - Syracuse
    Chris Paul - Wake Forest

Possible : Reddick - Duke, May - UNC, Felton - UNC, Boone - UCONN

Who else do you think will be there?

2. CUSA Fan

CUSA Fan JBB JustBBall Member

Francisco Garcia, Ryan Gomes, Lawrence Roberts, and possibly Jason Maxiell might all be there.

3. N4S

N4S BBW Member

These guys will possibly be All-Americans 2005

- JR Giddens/Kansas
    - Hakim Warrick/Cuse
    - John Gilchrist/Maryland
    - Ronny Turiaf/Zags
    - Julius Hodge/NCST.

4. Alley-oop

Alley-oop JBB JustBBall Member

Hmm I thought Hodge was a senior this past season?

5. CUSA Fan

No he was a junior. He was going to enter the draft but backed out and will play his final season in college.

6. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

Warrick is the only lock I can think of. Paul could pull a Felton (also known as a Duhon). One of the big three on the Tar Heels will probably make it. One of the power forwards like Gomes, Roberts, Turiaf, and Simien should make a push. Oh, and Nate Robinson, of course.

7. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

Casual, you can't really call anyone a lock. It's really up in the air right now, but these are my predictions -

G - Julius Hodge
    G - Raymond Felton (Or Kennedy Winston, or Chris Paul)
    F - Wayne Simien
    F - Hakim Warrick (or Lawrence Roberts, or Ryan Gomes, or Rodney Turiaf)
    C - Matt Nelson (or Sean May)

MVP - Wayne Simien
    Frosh of the Year - LaMarcus Aldridge

8. N4S

N4S BBW Member

This is good because I really think this upcoming NCAA season is going to be really competetive and fun to watch. I always think college ball has a better edge over the pros. More teams and More competition. U gotta love it!

9. CUSA Fan

In my opinion college ball is MUCH better than the pro's. This coming season will be great. We've got some good freshman coming in and conferences should be pretty competitive.

Another player to watch out for, Sean Banks. Best freshman last season next to Chris Paul. Banks led C-USA in scoring and I think he was ESPN's freshman of the year. Watch out for him next season.

10. N4S

N4S BBW Member

Man, has anyone seen nbadraft.net's 2005 mock yet? I'm really impressed that they have hometown boy from Zona - Mustafa Shakur in the top 10.

11. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting pgrudo00:</div><div class="quote_post">Man, has anyone seen nbadraft.net's 2005 mock yet? I'm really impressed that they have hometown boy from Zona - Mustafa Shakur in the top 10.</div>

Yes, and I've talked to some pretty intelligent draft buffs about it, and they all agree that a lot if it is crap. Look at their 2006 mock draft as well. All the good college players, like Simien, McCants, May, P.Davis, Langford, Reddick, Randolph, etc. are way too low. I think that if this age limit is passed then it will do a lot of good for the draft, because seeing a whole round of essentially high school and foreign talent is rediculous. Shakur on the other hand, now that's pretty accurate. He may be the #1 pick this year if they pass the 20 year old age limit.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Another player to watch out for, Sean Banks. Best freshman last season next to Chris Paul. Banks led C-USA in scoring and I think he was ESPN's freshman of the year. Watch out for him next season.</div>

I thought Kris Humphries had a better season last year, but I agree with you that he's very talented. Right now, All-American status seems like a stretch though. You usually have to be as talented as a Carmello Anthony or a LeBron James to get become an All-American as a sophomore. I definitely think he'll become one in the future, but right now he's still too young.

In my opinion, the college season is much more fun than the NBA season. The only downside is that the offseason is not as fun, because there are not any trades, free agents, or drafts.

12. CUSA Fan

Well I mean maybe Banks won't make All-American but I guess he will just have another great year. I don't know, it seems as though Kris, Banks, and Paul were all up there as top 3, Deng not too far behind with a few others. I think without a doubt, though, Paul was the best freshman last season.

13. bangofan13

bangofan13 JBB JustBBall Member

Wilkinson-Wisconsin maybe maybe.

14. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting bangofan13:</div><div class="quote_post">Wilkinson-Wisconsin maybe maybe.</div>

I like the way you think. [​IMG]

Honestly, I think the boys at Wisconsin will surprise everyone. I wouldn't put it past the transferr, Shariff Chambliss, or the Freshman redshirt, Brian Butch, to be All-Americans next season.

15. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Some of the people that come to my mind that could be All Americans, and I'm not really going into specific positions yet cause, the season hasn't started, but, just thoughts currently.

Wayne Simien
    Ryan Gomes
    Rashad McCants
    Mustafah Shakur
    Chris Paul
    Julius Hodge
    Hakim Warrick
    Charlie Villanueva
    Shannon Brown
    Raymond Felton
    JJ Redick
    Sean May
    JR Giddens
    Rashad Anderson
    Francisco Garcia

Now, these are all just thoughts. Some of them, like Shannon Brown, Villanueva, and Rashad Anderson could be a long shot. But, at this current moment, you never know. It all depends on the players role and the amount of playing time they get. I mentioned Villanueva especially because he got less than 20 min a game because he typically backed up either Boone or Okafor, and he was very productive. Averaged around 10 or 11 ppg. Give him 30 min or more, he could easily produce around 20 ppg due to the fact that he is very quick and athletic for his height. So, that was my thought on him. But, currently, it's very hard to tell much of anything because, yea, the season hasn't even begun.

16. N4S

N4S BBW Member

Wave, you can't blame the mock draft people about Shakur. You know he's a Philly cat so he gets mad respect, hahaha. Just messin'

17. bender

bender JBB JustBBall Member

Mamadou Diene (Baylor) might have a shot at the "Freshman of the Year". Besides Samba Gueye, he's the top talent in Africa right now.

18. CUSA Fan

Here's my first team:

G-Raymond Felton
    G-Julius Hodge
    F-Francisco Garcia
    F-Ryan Gomes
    C-Sean May(Or possibly Channing Frye)

19. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MainEvent:</div><div class="quote_post">Here's my first team:
    (Or possibly Channing Frye)</div>

In my opinion, Frye has been an absolute bust on the college level. When he came into Arizona, he was believed to be one of the future's potentially dominant Centers if he could just add a few pounds here and there. At this point in his career, he isn't close to dominance. In fact, if he's even drafted it will likely be in the second round. I'd take a look at Matt Nelson. He fits the description of a dominant Center and will be playing in a small conference so will be putting up great statistics.

20. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Voodoo Child:</div><div class="quote_post">Casual, you can't really call anyone a lock. It's really up in the air right now, but these are my predictions -

G - Julius Hodge
    G - Raymond Felton (Or Kennedy Winston, or Chris Paul)
    F - Wayne Simien
    F - Hakim Warrick (or Lawrence Roberts, or Ryan Gomes, or Rodney Turiaf)
    C - Matt Nelson (or Sean May)

MVP - Wayne Simien
    Frosh of the Year - LaMarcus Aldridge</div>

What? No Paul Davis? [​IMG]

Anyway, I have to agree with your list. Very, very impressive....and eery.

My friend and I have a contest to see who can correctly guess the All Americans before the season started. Then we place them in envelopes and swap until the teams are announced.........and we see who the winner is.

Anyway, my list was like this:

Chris Paul
    Julius Hodge
    Hakim Warrick
    Wayne Simien
    Sean May

of course, had Devin Harris returned to Wisconsin, he would have made the list.... :mrgreen: