2006 #1 pick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Thoth, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

Last year, Miami played the niners to determine who drafted 1st. I want to know if Green Bay plays Houston to see who picks first. [​IMG]

2. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I want to know if Green Bay plays Houston to see who picks first.</div>

And the cracks keep on comin'... *tap tap* Is this thing on?

3. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Heres how i see it going
    1. Texans
    2. 49ers
    3. Cardinals
    4. Packers

I think the texans will trade back with the cardinals, the cardinals get Matt Leinhart, 49ers get Reggie Bush, Texans get D'brickshaw Fergueson, Packers get AJ Hawk

4. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I want to know if Green Bay plays Houston to see who picks first.</div>

And the cracks keep on comin'... *tap tap* Is this thing on?</div>

Just ignore it........

May I add the Dolphins have only won one more game than the Packers so theres a lot of football to be played yet.

5. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I want to know if Green Bay plays Houston to see who picks first.</div>

Just ignore it........

May I add the Dolphins have only won one more game than the Packers so theres a lot of football to be played yet.</div>

Porky; Add anything you want but I'd recommend a sense of humor.

PA; It appears the only cracks are in Mike Sherman's game plan, the OL, The Defense, ... would you like me to continue?

6. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Just ignore it........

May I add the Dolphins have only won one more game than the Packers so theres a lot of football to be played yet.</div>

Porky; Add anything you want but I'd recommend a sense of humor.
    </div>

Still kind of bummed to see the team like this.

Edit: Though Reggie Bush wouldn't be bad. [​IMG]

7. Pack Attack

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>PA; It appears the only cracks are in Mike Sherman's game plan, the OL, The Defense, ... would you like me to continue?</div>

Can you?

OL? Favre wasn't sacked all day. The defense played fine, if Longwell made those field goals. Sherman's game plan? Gee... We're up 17 and then we lose our #2 receiver and our #1 running back...

Where's the continuance?

8. Wannab Favre

Wannab Favre nfl-*****s member

Cardinals won't finish that low!

9. favre4mvp

favre4mvp nfl-*****s member

I actually wouldnt mind being the worst team... Reggie Bush would be sick! I mean really, whats the dif between 6-10 (which is what we'd be at best) and 1-15? Either way we dont make the playoffs, I would rather get Bush and go 1-15, then get someone else and go 6-10.

10. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (favre4mvp)</div><div class='quotemain'>I actually wouldnt mind being the worst team... Reggie Bush would be sick! I mean really, whats the dif between 6-10 (which is what we'd be at best) and 1-15? Either way we dont make the playoffs, I would rather get Bush and go 1-15, then get someone else and go 6-10.</div>

If you want to know the difference, you wont be able to draw free agents if you are a losing team. Free Agents want to go to a team with a shot at the SB.

11. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

ehhhhh free agents don't really like Green Bay much either because it's so small. If it weren't for Reggie White coming here I doubt that the Eugene Robinsons and Santana Dotsons would of followed.

Anyways I rather be 6-10 from a team and a fan standpoint but I get what he saying. 6-10 is most likely not going to get you int he playoffs and we'd end up drafting a Rod Wright where as 1-15 would probably get us Reggie Bush which would be nice. But you play to win the game. I'd rather watch a team try like the Cardinals did in 03 than a team that quits.

12. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (favre4mvp)</div><div class='quotemain'>I actually wouldnt mind being the worst team... Reggie Bush would be sick! I mean really, whats the dif between 6-10 (which is what we'd be at best) and 1-15? Either way we dont make the playoffs, I would rather get Bush and go 1-15, then get someone else and go 6-10.</div>

If you want to know the difference, you wont be able to draw free agents if you are a losing team. Free Agents want to go to a team with a shot at the SB.</div>

FA acquisitions rarely work out that well anyway

13. favre4mvp

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (favre4mvp)</div><div class='quotemain'>I actually wouldnt mind being the worst team... Reggie Bush would be sick! I mean really, whats the dif between 6-10 (which is what we'd be at best) and 1-15? Either way we dont make the playoffs, I would rather get Bush and go 1-15, then get someone else and go 6-10.</div>

If you want to know the difference, you wont be able to draw free agents if you are a losing team. Free Agents want to go to a team with a shot at the SB.</div>
    Who needs free agents when you got Reggie Bush? [​IMG] Plus I think players will look back on this year and realize the reason we sucked was becuase of injuries and losing a lot of talent from the year before. I dont think going 1-15 will make much diff in getting free agents.

14. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (favre4mvp)</div><div class='quotemain'>I actually wouldnt mind being the worst team... Reggie Bush would be sick! I mean really, whats the dif between 6-10 (which is what we'd be at best) and 1-15? Either way we dont make the playoffs, I would rather get Bush and go 1-15, then get someone else and go 6-10.</div>

FA acquisitions rarely work out that well anyway</div>

Mike Wahle and Ken Lucas said the #1 reason they came to Carolina was to get to the Super Bowl

15. favre4mvp

If they wanted to go to the Superbowl, then why did they pick the Panthers?

16. Wannab Favre

Wannab Favre nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (favre4mvp)</div><div class='quotemain'>I actually wouldnt mind being the worst team... Reggie Bush would be sick! I mean really, whats the dif between 6-10 (which is what we'd be at best) and 1-15? Either way we dont make the playoffs, I would rather get Bush and go 1-15, then get someone else and go 6-10.</div>

Look at Muhammad, the Bears have been disappointing last couple of years, Bears won't go to the Superbowl this year and not next year. He came to Chicago.

It involves a lot of aspects. Owners, playbook (i.e "Will I start and get the ball frequently") etc

17. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Mike Wahle and Ken Lucas said the #1 reason they came to Carolina was to get to the Super Bowl</div>

Players say that where ever they go.

18. Pack Attack

Every free agent player is different...

Some players go to teams for warm weather. (Deion Sanders)
    Some players go to teams for big money. (Darren Sharper)
    Some players go for a chance to win. (Corey Dillon)
    Some players go for a chance for more fame. (Anyone who joins the Cowboys)

The Packers aren't big on free agency anymore. It's too easy to screw your salary cap...

19. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

i just dont think the packers are bad enough to get reggie bush, reggie bush will go #2. 49ers are playing a lot worse that the packers so i dont see the packers dropping down to the #2 spot

20. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'>Every free agent player is different...

Some players go to teams for warm weather. (Deion Sanders)
    Some players go to teams for big money. (Darren Sharper)
    Some players go for a chance to win. (Corey Dillon)
    Some players go for a chance for more fame. (Anyone who joins the Cowboys)

The Packers aren't big on free agency anymore. It's too easy to screw your salary cap...</div>

Free agency is best utilized by a team that is already successful by doing well in the draft, and then plugging in a free agent into a hole or two to take them over the top.