2006 #1 pick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Thoth, Oct 24, 2005.

1. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

jeez Hawk and Wannab Favre both of your questions have been answered at least twice in this thread can u read the posts before you decide to say something back, there is no point of having a conversation when you dont read other ppls side of it

2. Hawk

Hawk nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>THEY HAVE AARON RODGERS FROM THE 1ST RD LAST YEARS DRAFT. NO LEINART TO GB</div>

You getting that Hawk! Did you bother to read my entire post? BF1 made it simple right here.</div>

Yeah I got that but Leinart has a better face than Rodgers so screw him. [​IMG] God I feel like i'm playing around the horn (it's a FSN show) when i'm on this site.

3. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Packers will get Leinart and Grandpa Favre will get an old mans job -- a backup. Then in the second to last rounds the Packers will get ninjas and the Packers will win the NFC North in 2006.</div>

Yeah, just to reiterate...

1. Favre will NEVER be a backup in the NFL
    2. The Packers have Aaron Rodgers, so they won't draft another QB.

I do like all of the speculation, however. Keep it coming.

4. Hawk

Hawk nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Packers will get Leinart and Grandpa Favre will get an old mans job -- a backup. Then in the second to last rounds the Packers will get ninjas and the Packers will win the NFC North in 2006.</div>

Yeah, just to reiterate...

1. Favre will NEVER be a backup in the NFL
    2. The Packers have Aaron Rodgers, so they won't draft another QB.

I do like all of the speculation, however. Keep it coming.</div>

Okay, what is so great about Aaron Rodgers you guys talk like he's the next Brett Favre and you don't know if he's good or bad for sure because all he does is practice now he hasen't played a whole game ever in his NFL career.

5. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hawk)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hawk)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you my draft predictions:

Okay, Alex Smith is a stud (at least his knee is [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]) so the Texans will get the no. 1 pick and they will get MARCUS VICK (with OL people deeper in the draft) because Macrus Vick like Michael Vick is a good RBQB I like to call them because if they do that, it's like splitin' Leinart and Bush and half and put them together THATS Marcus Vick and it's the best option to improve their offence dramaticly.

For the 49ers, they will get Bush (Smith's wish come true) and it will make Smith look like a legend if he gives him the ball enough. Then for the deep draft they might just get all defensive players (they suck).

Packers will get Leinart and Grandpa Favre will get an old mans job -- a backup. Then in the second to last rounds the Packers will get ninjas and the Packers will win the NFC North in 2006.</div>

I think the only thing that made sense was Bush to SF. For one Bush will go top 10 somewhere. All the pro scouts have him already dub as the next Marshall Faulk.

First off
    Marcus Vick isn't even the top rated Jr. QB so how will he go #1. Yeah his brother did but Michael Vick was twice the QB(RB) he is in college. Though Marcus may have the better arm.

Top Juniors
    1. Vince Young
    2. Omar Jacobs
    3. Brady Quinn
    4. Marcus Vick

Quinn is really climbing the draft boards. I'm betting on him staying. Young already came public in saying he plans on staying. So even if Marcus Vick were to come out he's still a mid first round QB. Jacobs is a top 15 pick and is likely to come out. So that puts 1 QB already ahead of him but wait there?s this guy that plays for USC named Matt Leinart. He's the top rated QB and will go before ANY other QB goes in the draft. Vick has no chance to go before Leinart. The Texans if they do plan on cutting Carr they would take Leinart over Vick. It's a good bet that they take Dee Ferguson and keep Carr though.

Then what baffles me is.... Why would the Packers take Leinart? I wouldn't mind the idea of trading Aaron Rogers and investing in Leinart but the odds of it happening are slim to none. We took Aaron Rogers with our first round pick a year ago in the 2005 NFL Draft so I doubt the Packers take another QB in the first round. Second off and is completely off topic but it ticked me off is you called Brett Favre a grandpa. Not sure if you meant disrespect but that Grandpa leads the league in TD passes and is still playing at a higher level than most QB's in the NFL RIGHT NOW. Matt Hasselback to name one.</div>

Why would the Packers take Leinart?

A: Think of the draft as chess okay, in chess you have to think ahead. So if the Packers take Leinart then in the future Brett will retire and the Packers will be in just as good shape if not better than before.

Matt Hasselback to name one.

I don't know if your saying that just because i'm a Seahawks fan but Hasselbeck is crap and his WR's are but their better then last year (because the hawk's finally got rid of that ball dropin' prick Koren Robinson!!!). Of course Brett is better.</div>

The reason they wont take a QB this year is because Ted Thompson will look like a total dumbass if he takes 2 straight 1st round QBs. Ted Thompson would have to admit he made a mistake in drafting Rodgers. Rodgers hasnt played a game yet, so we dont know how he is gonna be.

6. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hawk)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>

I think the only thing that made sense was Bush to SF. For one Bush will go top 10 somewhere. All the pro scouts have him already dub as the next Marshall Faulk.

First off
    Marcus Vick isn't even the top rated Jr. QB so how will he go #1. Yeah his brother did but Michael Vick was twice the QB(RB) he is in college. Though Marcus may have the better arm.

Top Juniors
    1. Vince Young
    2. Omar Jacobs
    3. Brady Quinn
    4. Marcus Vick

Quinn is really climbing the draft boards. I'm betting on him staying. Young already came public in saying he plans on staying. So even if Marcus Vick were to come out he's still a mid first round QB. Jacobs is a top 15 pick and is likely to come out. So that puts 1 QB already ahead of him but wait there?s this guy that plays for USC named Matt Leinart. He's the top rated QB and will go before ANY other QB goes in the draft. Vick has no chance to go before Leinart. The Texans if they do plan on cutting Carr they would take Leinart over Vick. It's a good bet that they take Dee Ferguson and keep Carr though.

Then what baffles me is.... Why would the Packers take Leinart? I wouldn't mind the idea of trading Aaron Rogers and investing in Leinart but the odds of it happening are slim to none. We took Aaron Rogers with our first round pick a year ago in the 2005 NFL Draft so I doubt the Packers take another QB in the first round. Second off and is completely off topic but it ticked me off is you called Brett Favre a grandpa. Not sure if you meant disrespect but that Grandpa leads the league in TD passes and is still playing at a higher level than most QB's in the NFL RIGHT NOW. Matt Hasselback to name one.</div>

Why would the Packers take Leinart?

A: Think of the draft as chess okay, in chess you have to think ahead. So if the Packers take Leinart then in the future Brett will retire and the Packers will be in just as good shape if not better than before.

Matt Hasselback to name one.

I don't know if your saying that just because i'm a Seahawks fan but Hasselbeck is crap and his WR's are but their better then last year (because the hawk's finally got rid of that ball dropin' prick Koren Robinson!!!). Of course Brett is better.</div>

The reason they wont take a QB this year is because Ted Thompson will look like a total dumbass if he takes 2 straight 1st round QBs. Ted Thompson would have to admit he made a mistake in drafting Rodgers. Rodgers hasnt played a game yet, so we dont know how he is gonna be.</div>

Exactly, they dont know. Guess what, Leinart hasnt played a NFL game either, whats so great about him. Ok, well he does look to be dominant. But, not in gb.

7. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

For every Peyton Manning theres a Akili Smith.

You just don't know. Hawk the Packers used there #1 pick on Aaron Rogers a year ago. So they won't go QB again unless they trade Rogers. Which is doubtful. Also Brett Favre would NEVER be a backup in his career. GB would trade him before he becomes a back up but quite frankly if Favre plays another year he'll be the starter in Green Bay. Leinart to Packers will not happen. Plain and simple. Do you even know who Aaron Rogers is?

8. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Okay, what is so great about Aaron Rodgers you guys talk like he's the next Brett Favre and you don't know if he's good or bad for sure because all he does is practice now he hasen't played a whole game ever in his NFL career.</div>

And Leinart has?