2006/2007 Celtics vs. Raptors

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by Karma, Oct 16, 2006.

1. bengcord3

bengcord3 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Karma Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">lmao, the Celtics will still suck when he returns. Just pray for the Greg Oden sweepstakes dude. I don't even care if we make the playoffs and get swept, I would just love to make the playoffs and rub it in all your faces. Therefore, I'm hoping Pierce returns as well and doesn't miss more then 20 games. It will make victory all that much sweeter.</div>

every team at the bottom of the league should be praying to be in the greg oden sweepstakes. what good is a first round playoff exit (and it WILL BE, should the raps make the playoffs, since they won't be playing someone from the atlantic), a bad draft pick in the deepest draft in years (if all goes as expected), compared to the potential to land a LEGIT hall of fame type talent in both oden or durant (barring catestropic injuries). i'll take the possibility of multiple championships over a first round playoff exit, but maybe i'm a rare patient fan that doesn't mind if my team rebuilds

2. Karma

Karma The Will Must Be Stronger Than The Skill

I don't know, I like the roster we have now. Chris Bosh is already a franchise player and Bargs has the potential to be amazing in his career. I'm happy with our roster, to be honest.

3. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">bengcord3 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">every team at the bottom of the league should be praying to be in the greg oden sweepstakes. what good is a first round playoff exit (and it WILL BE, should the raps make the playoffs, since they won't be playing someone from the atlantic), a bad draft pick in the deepest draft in years (if all goes as expected), compared to the potential to land a LEGIT hall of fame type talent in both oden or durant (barring catestropic injuries). i'll take the possibility of multiple championships over a first round playoff exit, but maybe i'm a rare patient fan that doesn't mind if my team rebuilds</div>

Hey, I'm happy with TJ Ford, Andrea Bargnani, and Chris Bosh. If you guys get Durant or Oden, congrats, your set for the next decade. If you get the 3rd pick, I'll laugh, because you guys will miss out. Either way, it doesn't matter to me. We have a couple of young guns that are comparable to Dirk and KG.

4. hustler

hustler Revving up the Engine

Funny how CLos doesn't come to this thread anymore, don't get me wrong, I'm not calling him out, but if you read his comments on the first couple of pages, you'll understand.

5. cmac44111

cmac44111 Banned

^
    I just read the first 6 pages. Jesus this is funny stuff where everyone keeps gooing at it. It's looking like the bet will officially be off in 3 more Celts games, but I'll still commit to it. After this season you guys can make me a new sig.

6. Karma

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    i'm absolutely in on the bet, no way the raptors have a better record than the C's...we'll contend for the playoffs and the raptors will be at the bottom of the league again...tj ford for villanueva was a horrible trade, raptors have one star and nobody else, bargnani won't be ready to contribute a lot, the euros will all have to adjust and that takes more than a year almost always...
    </div>

Wait wait...Raptors fans lets read that again and let us laugh at that post in unison:

HAHAHAHAHA...oh man good one, good one [​IMG]

Ok I'm done.

Sorry, I love to rub things in the faces of fans who called us "bottom-feeders" when a) they'd never seen us play, and 2) our team was always more talented then thiers. Yeah, yeah you read me right.

By the way, that post was from the first page; one of your "expert" posters came up with that theory. Obviously it's biting him in the ass right now and he, along with almost everyone other Celtic fan that was cocky-as-fu*k at the beginning, is nowhere to be seen.

7. cmac44111

cmac44111 Banned

^
    lol you gotta stop making me laugh so hard.

Your below .500 and it looks like your going to make the playoffs (probably 8th seed and gonna get knocked out in the first round) and your "Happy" with that.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">2) our team was always more talented then theirs.</div>

Would you care to back up your allegations?
    You have the better record and have beat us, I think twice, but with these injuries we've had it's wonder how we could have won. The Raptors would have been in the same predicament if they had the same amount of injuries we've had.

8. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

<div class="quote_poster">cMac44111 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">lol you gotta stop making me laugh so hard.

Your below .500 and it looks like your going to make the playoffs (probably 8th seed and gonna get knocked out in the first round) and your "Happy" with that.</div>

Well, you gotta start somewhere. As a team on the rise, it's better off to get a young team into the playoff and get experience instead of gaining that experience one or two years later. Plus, if the Raptors get first place in the division, they would have home court advantage in the first round, and would have a great chance of taking the series and advancing since they are really effective at home.

9. Squishface

Squishface JBB Ministering Fools

The team is on the rise, and more power to you for that. But the fact that one of these fellas is bragging about a sub-.500 record is ludicrous. I appreciate that you think it's funny Karma, but you're kind of making the rest of the Raps fans look silly. You're not even the class of the worst division in basketball. Jesus, have some perspective. I was keeping this contest very much in context, as I knew that neither of these teams would be worth talking about come playoff time, and that holds true, but it appears I can no longer reign it in.

As for calling Bosh and Bargs comparable to Dirk and KG, gad zooks! I think we're going to have to wait on that comparison, if it holds true in three or so seasons, then we'll talk, but until then, I must again caution you as to the power of perspective.

I don't even know if the Raps have more actual talent than the C's, but they are playing healthy, so I can hardly argue with the records. As for Pierce being out, I say sit him for the remainder of the season, let's ML it and mail in the second half too.

10. hustler

We will finally reach the .500 mark by tonight, even with or without Jefferson playing.

11. Karma

Your below .500 and it looks like your going to make the playoffs (probably 8th seed and gonna get knocked out in the first round) and your "Happy" with that.
    </div>

You gotta start somewhere bro, a young team isn't gonna make the ECF all of a sudden on thier first year of being in the playoffs. I'd rather make the playoffs then not. I know you maybe content for waiting for Durant and Oden (and that's fine, because they are potential franchise changers), but I'd rather make the playoffs with the roster that we have.

To respond to Squish, I wasn't the one who said Bargs and Bosh are like Dirk and KG yet, but Bargs has actually played better then Dirk did in his first year and although Bosh wil probably never be KG, he is still damn good for a franchise player.

But the fact that one of these fellas is bragging about a sub-.500 record is ludicrous. I appreciate that you think it's funny Karma, but you're kind of making the rest of the Raps fans look silly. You're not even the class of the worst division in basketball. Jesus, have some perspective.
    </div>

Am I making the fans look silly? Well, in that case, if I say something that amuses you, you can just judge me on it, rather then classifying the Raptor nation as a whole. I mean common, it's not like you Celtics fans weren't bragging left and right about how your team is ABSOLUTELY better then ours before the season began. Like I said, if you were in our position, I'm sure we wouldn't hear the end of it. I just find it amusing that you're trying to rag me on my comments now when you guys were acting like we were completely subordinate to the Celtics before the season began.

Would you care to back up your allegations?
    You have the better record and have beat us, I think twice, but with these injuries we've had it's wonder how we could have won. The Raptors would have been in the same predicament if they had the same amount of injuries we've had.
    </div>

Health is an excuse that pretty much every team can use. The Raptors had Bosh missing for a while too, but we did fine with him absent. The Celtics are a young and badly coached team, but so are the Raptors. I realize you guys need Pierce to make things happen, but Bosh was just as crucial to us winning as Pierce was and we did OK without him.

12. cmac44111

cmac44111 Banned

^
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Health is an excuse that pretty much every team can use. The Raptors had Bosh missing for a while too, but we did fine with him absent. The Celtics are a young and badly coached team, but so are the Raptors. I realize you guys need Pierce to make things happen, but Bosh was just as crucial to us winning as Pierce was and we did OK without him.</div>

Granted a lot of teams have had injuries. But how many Raptors were injured this season? When Bosh went down they still had the rest of their team. When Pierce went out, we also had Wally, Delonte, and now Tony Allen all capable of averaging 20+. Also at one point this season we only had 1 true center in Perkins. After that Perk went out and Jefferson was the only we had for sometime.

13. Iggy

Iggy Iggy

Well we beat you tonight, and we're at .500! Just wanted to rub that in.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Granted a lot of teams have had injuries. But how many Raptors were injured this season? When Bosh went down they still had the rest of their team. When Pierce went out, we also had Wally, Delonte, and now Tony Allen all capable of averaging 20+. Also at one point this season we only had 1 true center in Perkins. After that Perk went out and Jefferson was the only we had for sometime.</div>

Although not at the same time, we've had Garbajosa, Calderon, Ford, Bargs, Peterson all out at least once this season.

14. Nasty

Nasty JBB Sorry, I killed Fever

<div class="quote_poster">Epidemik Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Well we beat you tonight, and we're at .500! Just wanted to rub that in.
    </div>

Rub what in?... that we have as many wins as losses??!

Suns fans are laughing now. Stop trolling!

BTW, this bet is officially off as Pierce is on the verge of missing 20+ games.

15. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

Allan Ray = Bostons best non-injured swingman scorer. Him and Al Jefferson played really well tonight. He came in during the first and gave the Celtics a Ben Gordon type boost with his shooting and overall offense.

16. Iggy

Iggy Iggy

<div class="quote_poster">Nasty Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Rub what in?... that we have as many wins as losses??!

Suns fans are laughing now. Stop trolling!

BTW, this bet is officially off as Pierce is on the verge of missing 20+ games.</div>

Damn, I really wanted to see a bunch of Celts fans sporting a sig made by the Raps. And I'm rubbing in because a bunch of these Celts fans thought we'd be bottom feeders of the Atlantic.

17. AirJordan

AirJordan JBB JustBBall Member

If y'all puzzy celtics fans aint puzzy you'd go on with this bet

18. hustler

The Bet isn't over, you guys still have Scalabrine.

19. Squishface

Squishface JBB Ministering Fools

<div class="quote_poster">hustler Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">The Bet isn't over, you guys still have Scalabrine.</div>

You got me there. I have no answer for that.

He just makes this team go, what can I say?

20. marvILLous

marvILLous JBB JustBBall Member

LOL @ all the celtics fans saying..

"why are you happy leading a division with a sub .500 record?"

somewhere along the lines of that.. anyways, its better being in the playoffs then not, no matter how you get there. only reason you celtics fans are using that sub .500 bullshit is because thats the only argument you have. face it, the raps own the celtics this year, with pierce or not, we are still the better team.

thats all, kthxbye.