2007-08 Warriors Survey

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Legacy, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

Who will lead the team in scoring? How many points?
    Baron Davis. 19.5

Who will lead the team in rebounding? How many rebounds?
    Andris Biedrins. 10.0

Who will lead the team in assists? How many assists?
    Baron Davis. 8.3

The most disappointing player will be:
    POB
    Simply because I do not want to spread bad karma

The most promising player will be:
    Andris Biedrins

Kelenna Azubuike will be the most improved player on the Warriors roster from last year

Who has a better overall season?
    Brandon Wright or Marco Belinelli
    One played high pro league for years, and another one barely played a year in college. I would be very surprised if Wright actually has better season.

Baron Davis will be the Warriors best player this upcoming season

Down 1 with 5 seconds left in the fourth, the best option to hit would be Baron Davis

Al Harrington will lead the Warriors in 3P%

Who will lead the Warriors in missed games?
    DNPCD: POB
    Injury: Davis

How far will the Warriors go this season? Wins? Playoffs?
    43 wins, eliminated in 1st round

Bonus: How many Warriors will be on the all star team? Who will they be?
    1. Baron Davis.

2. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">No way, you're kidding me right? 12.5 per?</div>
    Just being a homer. [​IMG]

(though I seem to be more pessimistic about Baron Davis and his injuries)

To be honest, most of my answers weren't all that serious. I was kind of half joking and really didn't put much thought into my answers.

But I really do hope that Monta can score 20+ a game and that Biedrins will grab 12.5 rebounds.

3. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

<div class="quote_poster">Gohn Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Just being a homer. [​IMG]

(though I seem to be more pessimistic about Baron Davis and his injuries)

To be honest, most of my answers weren't all that serious. I was kind of half joking and really didn't put much thought into my answers.

But I really do hope that Monta can score 20+ a game and that Biedrins will grab 12.5 rebounds.</div>

Lol, Alright Bud[​IMG]

If Monta can average 20+, which I can see, and Biedrins, 12.5, I will be really surprised. Because the West have very good centers, and for Biedrins to average 12.5, would be something special.

4. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

I agree 100% with Kwan on everything. Although I think Belinelli will be the most promising player. I think he'll be a quality player in year 1, and he'll surprise a lot of GMs and teams. Oh, and Warriors will advance beyond the 1st round of the POs!

5. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Who will lead the team in scoring? How many points?</div>
    Stephen Jackson, 21.0

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Who will lead the team in rebounding? How many rebounds?</div>
    Andris Biedrins, 11.5

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Who will lead the team in assists? How many assists?</div>
    Baron Davis, 8.5

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The most disappointing player will be:</div>
    Al Harrington, although I don't really expect him to be that good so maybe I can't be disappointed. Maybe Monta Ellis. If he underperforms or proves he can't handle point, it's not just bad for the season, they will have really wasted an opportunity to trade him while his trade value was high.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The most promising player will be:</div>
    Brandan Wright (I don't really know what to make of this question because it implies who will be the most promising player at the end of the year...does that mean who had the most success or who will be the most successful in the future?)

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">______ will be the most improved player on the Warriors roster from last year</div>
    Stephen Jackson, I think he'll be able to tame some of his more misguided impulses. When he plays under control, he's fabulous. He may be #2 on the team in assists, too.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Who has a better overall season?
    Brandon Wright or Marco Belinelli</div>
    Marco Belinelli, he'll be able to contribute right away.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">_____ will be the Warriors best player this upcoming season</div>
    Andris Biedrins, but I'm putting a lot of emphasis on consistency.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Down 1 with 5 seconds left in the fourth, the best option to hit would be ________</div>Stephen Jackson, andwho is right, he has ice water in his veins. Tempting to say Baron, but he sometimes forces things when he shouldn't when he feels the need to be the hero (yes, I know it worked in the playoffs).

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">______ will lead the Warriors in 3P%</div>
    Marco Belinelli

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Who will lead the Warriors in missed games?</div>
    Baron Davis

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">How far will the Warriors go this season? Wins? Playoffs?</div>
    41 wins, no playoffs. They lost JRich and added a few new guys who don't have pressure experience down the stretch. They're still undersized, underexperienced, and soft up front, they're not going to win many games vs. teams with any sort of decent frontline. A lot depends on Baron's health and whether Nellie is the coach or not, of course. If Baron's healthy but Nelson is not around, 34 wins. If Nelson is the coach but Baron plays 50% of the games, 32 wins.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Bonus: How many Warriors will be on the all star team? Who will they be?</div>None.

6. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

HiRez is like me, he believes in Sjax's all-around talent + experience even though we probably both know he's a kind of an idiot and will probably jack up at some point in time. [​IMG]

7. warriorsman

warriorsman BBW Member

Who will lead the team in scoring?Baron Davis How many points?18.5

Who will lead the team in rebounding?Andris How many rebounds?9.5

Who will lead the team in assists?Baron Davis How many assists?6

The most disappointing player will be:Patrick O'Bryant(If he counts)

The most promising player will be:Marco

Andris will be the most improved player on the Warriors roster from last year

Who has a better overall season?
    Brandon Wright or Marco Belinelli

Baron Davis will be the Warriors best player this upcoming season

Down 1 with 5 seconds left in the fourth, the best option to hit would be Baron Davis

Marco Belinelli will lead the Warriors in 3P%

Who will lead the Warriors in missed games?
    POB
    How far will the Warriors go this season? Wins? Playoffs?
    TO playoffs, 48, yeas
    Bonus: How many Warriors will be on the all star team? Who will they be?0 maybe 1 If one Baron Davis

8. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

Biedrins -I think about 10.5 boards. With us going small a lot-teams learned to screen or box Beans out with a F and let their best rbd guy go against Barnes/Pietrus for the rbd.

Most improved? Azubuike and Pietrus could compete for that....if O'Bryant has 10 good games he'd technically be "most improved" but generally,that honor goes to a guy over 10pt per game.

Harrington,Belli and Pietrus may be close for best 3%.

Baron + Monta would be around 20 pt each.

Dissapointing? I won't be surprised if Croshere is gone by Jan. But the expectations are low. Jackson is a guy we seem to view as solid-but his history shows swings.

Wright,Belli and Lasme will all have some nice games but I won't expect anything huge. What the young C's do can only be a wild guess.

I see maybe 45 wins....7 seed....out in rd 1 but close. If some unexpected thing helps us keep the rebound gap close----then we can get past rd 1. Otherwise---we have to hope we draw the Mavs again and still have them owned. A lot of individuals will be playing better-but teams will have made adjustments to dealing with our smallball stuff.

Best case? We'd do a "small trade" add a power rebounder. Nellie develops-uses POB and the rookies more than expected,We get a nice improvement from Monta-Pietrus-Azu and maybe even a better overall game from Harrington. Biedrins isn't going 1 vs 3 in the paint and he ups all his stats.

Baron stays healty and Monta's dribble improves so he becomes a real good drive and dish guy.

Belli and Jax don't go all Dunleavy and brick too many 3's

9. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

How about MVP? I say Andris Biedrins. [​IMG]

10. Custodianrules2

Biedrins has been looking kind of Dwight Howard-esque when it comes to his international game performances. Latvia is doing surprisingly well. No doubt it starts with a defensive presence in the middle and terrific teamwork and shooting.

Also I know Belli is a bit over-hyped on these surveys, but I think he'll be very entertaining similar to how Jrich was entertaining but left us wanting to see more dimensions to his shooting guard game.

11. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

The thing we also forget with Biedrins' international play is that Latvia lost their best point guard a few games in, so Biedrins is creating for himself more often than not.

12. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    I hope POB isn't the worst performer. I got him down for another year of D-League. I'm assuming Nellie will be back and he HATES POB. Don't think it's personal, but who knows. After all the comments that I read, it's clear Nellie doesn't want him back. It's like POB took Zarko's place as Nellie's guy to pick on. The best thing to happen would be for POB to go to D-League again, make a name for himself there, and the Warriors trade him for a second round pick. What a disaster he's turned out to be, but it's not entirely his fault.

Enough of the bad news, the good news would be Marco Belinelli and Brandan Wright. Both show promise to be Warriors of the future and live up to their being selected where they were. There are still question marks as to what Stephane Lasme can do. Anyone else do you think has a shot at this already full roster?

13. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">jason voorhees Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I hope POB isn't the worst performer. I got him down for another year of D-League. I'm assuming Nellie will be back and he HATES POB. Don't think it's personal, but who knows. After all the comments that I read, it's clear Nellie doesn't want him back. It's like POB took Zarko's place as Nellie's guy to pick on. The best thing to happen would be for POB to go to D-League again, make a name for himself there, and the Warriors trade him for a second round pick. What a disaster he's turned out to be, but it's not entirely his fault.

Enough of the bad news, the good news would be Marco Belinelli and Brandan Wright. Both show promise to be Warriors of the future and live up to their being selected where they were. There are still question marks as to what Stephane Lasme can do. Anyone else do you think has a shot at this already full roster?</div>

Jv, Lasme could be a sleeper. He put up pretty good numbers and some of it might carry over to the nba. The problem with many young big guys is the speed at which the game is played by not only the guards, but by other big men. Then we also factor in opposing defenders/scorer's size and strength and experience in getting used to the nba's officiating rules. We'll see how well Lasme can adapt, but there's a reason why quite a few teams were looking at him in the 2nd round.

It'd be amazing if the guy could turn out to be a Ben Wallace for us (and it's definitely not a long shot if his body/skillset/mental game carries over). He'd be a fan favorite if he's an immediate defensive presence that just knows the game. Plus, we lack a defensive power forward. I really didn't think Josh Powell was it.

14. Montaman

Montaman JBB JustBBall Member

Re:

Why couldn't Biedrins do something Chris Bosh couldn't? Bosh plays a much more polished offensive game, so it stands to reason AB might have more juice in the tank to fight for a few more boards.

15. Custodianrules2

Re:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Montaman)</div><div class='quotemain'>Why couldn't Biedrins do something Chris Bosh couldn't? Bosh plays a much more polished offensive game, so it stands to reason AB might have more juice in the tank to fight for a few more boards.</div></p>

Maybe he could, but depends on foul trouble maybe? </p>

</p>