2007 Most Improved Player?

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE, Apr 5, 2007.

1. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>David Lee</div>Another good candidate. I think Martin, Ellis, and Deron overshadow him. But Lee is a great example of a guy who not only improved a ton this year but also his improvement helped the Knicks succeed more.

2. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

The healthy KMart will win the award. He would run away with the award if the Kings were a solid team though.

3. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SunnyD @ Apr 6 2007, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The healthy KMart will win the award. He would run away with the award if the Kings were a solid team though.</div>Well, Kmart's improvement has been the one good event to happen to the Kings all year. Sacramento never really contended for a playoff position due to injuries and major chemistry problems coming from Ron Artest. I'm sure that the NBA will realize this. Let me also remind you that Gilbert Arenas won the award in the 2002-2003 season on a mediocre Golden State squad. Kmart should be the leading candidate at this point to win the award, really with Ron Artest being out so many games and Bibby/Artest not working well ont eh floor Kmart has done a great job to take over some scoring. Not to mention that he will be a very good replacement for Bonzi Wells.

4. STAT

STAT BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE @ Apr 5 2007, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>unfortunately this is a statistical award and I don't think Barbosa's stats jumped enough to win this award. You are right though, he is an underrated player who is essential to the Suns success.</div>Oh I didn't know it was based on stats. :doh:

5. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

Yeah, I don't think his stats are much higher, but he has improved. Dan D'Antoni did an amazing job with him last year. Barbosa is a more confident player. He doesn't have those stretches were he just isn't confident in his skills and is now not afraid to take the big shot. He's also become a more consistent player.I wish Dan would move on to Diaw. He also has skills but is a big time poosey. :-(

6. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

Well Barbosa's 6MOY.The MIP is definitely Monta Ellis.9.9 PPG increase(largest of any main contender), 1 RPG increase, 2.6 APG increase(tied for 2nd behind deron williams), 1.1 steal increase(largest contender increase)

7. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

I personally like Deron Williams winning it all. 9.5 assists is a great deal of assists to add, not to mention that he puts up 18 a game. He has also helped that team become one of the best 5 teams in the western conference, and when that team was fully healthy, they were a top 4 team in the west.Outside of him, I really like Al Jefferson. It is just amazing to see how far he has come this year. I always knew he could do this, and now he did it.I just really like those 2 picks. I respect anybodys opinion if they have Martin or Ellis as the MIP player, but I just really like those 2 guys.