2007 Rugby World Cup

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Jonah, Sep 9, 2007.

1. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

Wow that chabal interview is a classic! You gotta love this guy

2. Stockton

Stockton JBB

France 25 Ireland 3. It seems pretty certain New Zealand will play France in the first knockout game now. It'll be a massive game, there's a good chance the winner ofit willgo on to win the RWC.</p>

And this is good to read,</p>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Georgia's sterling efforts at the world cup have sparked an unprecedented wave of interest in the sport at the top of the country's political chain.Georgia president Mikheil Saakashvili has announced plans to build at least 10 rugby stadiums over the next 12 months.He also pledged to finance a top-flight competition in recognition of the exposure the IRB Rugby World Cup has given Georgia.</div></p>

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/home/news/new...idential+decree</p>

3. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    That's awesome about Georgia, even if you're not a fan you have to respect that. I know that their other top sport is REAL wrestling. The Georgians have some good taste I must say. Anywho, looks like my prediction of Fiji moving on was right way back. No big surprise, though that was an absolutely fantastic match against Wales today. I mean seriously, one of the best I've seen this RWC. France vs New Zealand would be a stormer and likely an instant classic. I do believe whoever wins that would win the RWC. There is no doubt on that.</p>

4. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

I heard about the Wales game today. Some are calling it the best rugby game ever played. Thoughts?</p>

5. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Not the best ever played, but one of the best I've seen that's for damn sure. I think there is a replay tomorrow of the match if anyone has missed it. You can order it on the RWC website or catch it if you have Setanta Sports on TV or Broadband. I know I'll be watching it again and recording it too. You can bet on it.</p>

</p>

Everything basically came down to the wire. Wales were down and played their rugby in the second half by storming back. The lead changed hands a few times late and was a thriller to the stretch. In the end Wales looked as though they were about to win with a late try, but Fiji kept pushing their limits and forced out a try in the dying minutes of the match to secure the win. Nicky Little may be out the rest of the tourny though as it appears he tore something in his right knee I believe. Sick to watch too.</p>

6. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Knockout stages</p>

Australia vs. England</p>

New Zealand vs. France</p>

South Africa vs. Fiji</p>

Argentina vs. Scotland</p>

South Africa have a fairly easy schedule in the knockout stages. First they have Fiji, who they should smash. In the semi final, they should have Argentina (provided Argentina beat Scotland). Argentina are very strong by their standards this year, but South Africa should be able to get through themcomfortably enough. Then they're in the final.</p>

Dan Carter is under an injury cloud for the All Blacks. He withdrew from the Romania game, but from the sounds of it there's no major damage so I'm pretty sure he will be there for the French game.</p>

7. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

NZ france should be a great game, but I expect the All Blacks to come out on top. Australia v England could go either way, but judging by how England played against the USA I'd take Australia if I were a betting man.</p>

8. Jonah

Jonah Legend

Of course Australia is going to win, they've been strong throughout the tournament whereas England has been lacksidasickal. How about that try the Americans scored against them - that was great</p>

And yes, that Wales-Fiji match was extremely good.</p>

9. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    England plainly suck compared to what they once were. Don't expect Argentina to roll over and die and France and Suth Africa are likely the only two teams that can beat the All Blacks.</p>

10. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (M Two One)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

France smashed Namibia, as expected anyway though. I love Chabal's interview. Instant Classic.</p>

</p>

<div><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wRiCMc8eLqs&"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wRiCMc8eLqs&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" /></embed></object></div></p>

</div></p>

my fav rugby player lol</p>

the beast</p>

</p>

11. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Throwing some predictions out there,</p>

Australia vs. England - Australia by 13</p>

New Zealand vs. France - New Zealand by 15</p>

South Africa vs. Fiji - South Africa by 45</p>

Argentina vs. Scotland - Argentina by 10</p>

</p>

12. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    I just got a France supporters jersey and an authentic USA jersey. Woot!</p>

</p>

<strike>Thinking of either getting South Africa or Scotland next.</strike></p>

</p>

Forget that! I just seen that Biarritz Olympique have released their new jerseys. I'm buying the home one.</p>

13. Stockton

Stockton JBB

What can you tell me about the selection of Traille at fullback? I could be wrong but from the looks of the French team it seems they'll be kicking for position a lot. Not a bad idea, but with Sivivatu and Rokocoko on the wing missing touch could prove very costly.</p>

14. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stockton)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

What can you tell me about the selection of Traille at fullback? I could be wrong but from the looks of the French team it seems they'll be kicking for position a lot. Not a bad idea, but with Sivivatu and Rokocoko on the wing missing touch could prove very costly.</p>

</div></p>

</p>

Damien Traille is one of the quickest French Centers and not to mention quite large and extremely versatile. He's one of my three favorite rugby players in the World actually. He can easily and efficiantly play any back position except a Scrum-Half and though you won't see him kicking for points he can kick extremely well as he's very good with his feet. I'd watch Traille, he's very dangerous and fact here is that it is almost impossible to injure the man and keep him down. You seen that injury he suffered against Argentina? Didn't bother him one bit.</p>

</p>

[​IMG]</p>

15. NTC

NTC Active Member

Faaark, HUUUGE night of upsets last night, France knocked New Zealand out last night 20-18, and England knocked Australia out 12-10.</p>

IoweyouanapologyMTwoOne,lol.</p>

</p>

16. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

Oh no!!!!</p>

Wow....what a disappointment for NZ. They were crushing everyone these past couple of years, what a wasted opportunity...</p>

17. Stockton

Stockton JBB

I don't want to sound bitter, France played extremely well. But that would bethe worst refereeing performance I've ever seen. The All Blacks didn't play their best ever game, but still played well enough to win. The ref cost them that game, I could go on and on but the biggest example which can't even be argued was the blatant forward passleading to France's winning try that wasn't called.Touch judges are also at fault on that one. </p>

18. NTC

NTC Active Member

19. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

Holy sh*t how are those stats even possible? Thats bewildering</p>

20. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

Good win for England and France Respectively.</p>

Can't beleive we won Wlkinson is now the top scorer in Rugby ever overtaking a Scottish player.</p>

C'mon England beat those Baguette and garlic eating, War retreating, Horizontal black and white top wearing french.</p>