Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by gambitnut, Sep 7, 2007.

1. gambitnut

gambitnut Freek

computer build instructor
    I know we're excited about the coming season and how the player are already working together, and I know that we're waiting to see if we will have lots of cap space in 2009 and who we might get, but I want to talk about the 2008 offseason. Right now, we know who our starters are at SG, PF and C, and we have depth at PG and SF, but we have no idea if any of them will be good enough to start anytime soon. Will that still be the case in after this season? Should we make a trade at the deadline this year or let our young players continue to gel? If nobody steps up, is it time to give up on some people? What if one of the PGs or one of the SFs steps up, but not the other position? Are there any draft picks at the spot we will likely get that would help us at one of those positions? Do we sign a free agent to a one year contract? What about Rudy Fernandez and Petteri Koponen? How much should we hope for and expect from them? What if we get it all? What if we bring Fernandez and Koponen over, at least one of ourcurrentplayersateachpositionstepsupandwegetagooddraftpick? Dowetradeoneofourcurrentplayerseveniftheyareplayingwell?Dowetradeourdraftpick? Whatwill2008bring?

2. pegs

pegs My future wife.

i have a feeling steve blake will start again, and travis outlaw and james jones will fight for that starter's position.</p>

this team has alot of good parts, and i like the additions of good, successful, and still relatively young players who could possibly lead this team in Blake and Jones. </p>

3. HOWIE

HOWIE Member

I think that 2008 will finally get Portland a PG for the future, either with the 5 on roster now or next years draft. I expect LA and Roy to get more touchs. I expect Oden to push himself to come back stronger than before for next season, I expect Jones to light it up from beyond the arch. I'd like to see Joel make it through out the season without going down.</p>

4. starman85

starman85 JBB JustBBall Member

What about Martell Webster? Do Portland fans think that this may be his breakout year, or do you think he'll need some more time?</p>

5. gambitnut

gambitnut Freek

computer build instructor
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (starman85)</div><div class='quotemain'>

What about Martell Webster? Do Portland fans think that this may be his breakout year, or do you think he'll need some more time?</p></div>

Count me as one Blazer fan who thinks that one of Martell or Travis will break out this season, and I'm betting on Martell at the moment.