2014-15 NFL Season!

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

It really seems like Seattle has a strange obsession with the niners. I've been a niner fan since I was 11 and I've seen rivalries with the cowboys, packers, and rams. The Seahawks are just another of many rivalries, but Seahawks fans are like little brothers trying to show their big bro that they've grown up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. OSUBlazerfan

OSUBlazerfan Writing Team

Kind of like the Blazers and the Lakers? ;)

3. santeesioux

santeesioux Just keep on scrolling by

Trolling the internet
    Washington fans are the same way with the Ducks, it's just a weird fanbase. I'm a Mariner fan so i can see how weird they are first hand.

4. RoyToy

RoyToy Clown Town

Lol?

Seattle has been the dominant team since joining the NFCW in 2002 with 6 division titles, including at one point 4 division titles in a row and 2 SuperBowl appearances

Seattle has easily been the better franchise this century. You have to come to grips with it.

5. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

and when that changes, you wont be heard from like usual :p

6. Natebishop3

Wopodeedoo. That's like comparing the cavs if they win a championship this year to the lakers or celtics. You're still a new rivalry and you try way too hard to troll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. RoyToy

RoyToy Clown Town

Well obviously it's a new rivalry because the Seahawks didn't even join the division until 2002. You're not breaking news here.

They Seahawks were in the AFC West and their old rivalries were with the Broncos, Chiefs, etc.

And from 2002 to when the 49ers hired Harbaugh, the 49ers were absolute dog shit while the Seahawks won the division 4 seasons in a row and made it to the SuperBowl from 2002-2007.

It's only a rivalry now because the 49ers got their head out of their ass. They were in the basement of the NFL for almost a decade.

And you were obviously trying to troll with your little brother remark. Problem is that statement isn't based in reality so it was a terrible attempt on your part. The Seahawks have been in the division for 12 years now (not counting this year since it's not completed) and have won the division 6 times. The 49ers are next with 3.

We also just watched the Seahawks beat the 49ers in the NFCCG and then win the SB.

Learn the game, then post.

8. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

[TWEET]512340894251773952[/TWEET]

:clap::lol::MARIS61::devilwink:

9. Natebishop3

How many Superbowl wins? How many times in the NFC championship? You're still the little brother. Deal with it. Your team was a fucking joke for DECADES.

10. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

Sounds an AWFUL lot like Laker fans flaunting their 15 rings or whatever it is when people criticize them, or win a game, series over them. Who cares about decades before? You said you became a Niners fan when you were 11, I think, so they've got as many SB wins as the Seahawks do in your fandom. Who gives a shit about what a team in the 80s did, really? Do Steeler fans under 50 get to trot out 70s titles if you beat them to act like they're superior? Do you think it's a valid criticism to look at the Ducks in the same way as Seattle. They were a joke for decades, and were the Huskies little brother. You would probably argue that's changed because of the past 10 years, no?

11. Natebishop3

The Huskies haven't been shit for a while. The Niners have been to three straight NFC championships. It's not like we're talking about a team that isn't relevant. My point from the beginning was that the Niners have had many rivalries, so I don't take the current one with the Seahawks so personally. Oh, and the Niners were good all the way up until the late 90's.

12. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

They were good in the 90s, sure. In your time as a fan, they have the same number of SBs. Trotting out the how many rings card is what Laker fans do.

13. Natebishop3

We aren't talking about wins or losses. I'm talking about rivalries. The Niners are a storied franchise. The Seahawks have only been relevant for a short period of time, and surprisingly a bunch of fans have appeared in that time... go figure.

You keep bringing up the Lakers... are the Kings a rival of the Lakers? Do you think the Kings players/fans still think of themselves as rivals? Right now the 12ers are all worked up about the Niners, and that's fine, but I've seen this before with the Packers and Cowboys.

14. Natebishop3

How is Winston anything at all like Kaepernick? That's an extremely unfair comparison. Winston is a fucking moron and he has been in trouble constantly over the past two years. When has Kaepernick been in trouble? Just because he has tats and he looks a little hip hop doesn't make him a joke like Jameis.

15. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

you seem to get awfully defensive and quick to trot out the rings card to say you don't take the rivalry personally.
    To each their own. I like them both, from just being fun to watch. I think it's a more relevant rivalry than GB and Dallas because they are actually in the same division, so are guaranteed to play eachother at least twice, instead of the made up rivalries of oh both these teams are good, they might play one another in the playoffs, and maybe we get a game scheduled every other year or something. Like he said, it's definitely a newer rivalry, because of the division switch.

16. Natebishop3

Those definitely weren't makeup rivalries because they met in the NFC every year for span of a few seasons. Most Niner fans STILL hate the Cowboys.

How many times have I trotted out the rings? You're acting like this is something I use all the time. I wouldn't even hate the Seahawks if they weren't crammed down my throat in Portland. I went many years without giving two shits about them.

17. Rhal

Rhal Well-Known Member

UPS
    My dads been a cowboy since he was born so he has been watching them for over 70 years, even if he cant remember a few of those years, and still HATES the niners more then any other team except for the RedSkins. The memory and feelings of that riverly are still very much alive in older Cowboys fans as well.

18. RoyToy

RoyToy Clown Town

Again your little brother comment makes no sense.

Bringing up SF's SuperBowl wins, when two were in different conferences and not rivals, is absolutely stupid.

Since the two have actually been in the same division, the Seahawks are without question the better franchise over a 12 year span (and working on 13).

More division championships
    More SuperBowl appearances
    More SuperBowl wins

So yes the 49ers were a great franchise once. Great history. Too bad the teams were never connected during those years, thus making your little brother comment irrelevant.

Since the two have been connected and in the same conference/division, the Seahawks have been the better franchise for 12+ years now. The last two years in this decade is just a continuation of the last decade. Deal with it.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  19. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

What do you think of Batum? :P

20. Natebishop3

Seriously... you're acting like the Niners haven't been to three straight NFC Championships and a Super Bowl. Stop talking like the Niners are still the shittiest team in the NFC West. It's rather hilarious.