2014 Football Commits and Recruiting News

Discussion in 'Oregon Ducks' started by Wheels, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

Hampton's Offer Sheet includes Akron, Idaho, New Mexico, Texas St, and UNLV. At his size I think the offer list is most telling. Not meaning to bash the kid, He's a million times better than I ever could be :lol:

My guess is grades or Test Scores

2. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

You'd think a 6'5 Warren Sapp would have schools beating down his door. He's playing at a JC in California, yet according to rivals not one PAC 12 school has offered. I don't know anything specific, just connecting the dots as best I can.

STOMP

3. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

LOL! I missed the Stump. Not sure if that counts as a personal insult but I can see where it could spin ya up.

4. Targus

Targus Suspended

Keeping you safe. If I tell you more, you would b
    **Edited**

We really do need size on the DL. You can see it in who staff are going after. We may need immediate help and some size to shore up the DL because of who we are losing.

Fairley had a nice Scout outing and reported with more weight than you posted. He then went to a CC and ended up at 6'5, 295# heading to Auburn with 3 years to play at Auburn. What our staff would do to land a 300# DT in this class who was the "typical" DT...much like Fairley in his first year at Auburn.

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121708aaa.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
  5. Targus

Targus Suspended

"me as this sort of nonsense is happening daily"

Prior to last night, I had not posted in several days. Please, for the love of all that is Duck football, cease the drama and lies. In fact, I had not posted for five days and my last post was about Nick A. Please. It's OK. No one is out to get you.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  6. SlyPokerDog

You posted in this thread Yesterday 07:12 PM.

7. Targus

Targus Suspended

And prior to that...Yes, I am aware this was posted yesterday. No. This is NOT happening daily, lol.

8. SlyPokerDog

You didn't post on the 20th.

But you did post on the 19th, 18th, 17th, 16th, (didn't post on the 15th,) 14th, 13th, 12th, I could go on but I'll stop here.

Anyway, I don't really care. I'm just asking that from now on everyone needs to stop with the personal insults. No where have I or did I single you out.

9. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

I didn't read the post prior to the edit, but thanks SPD

the size I relayed wasn't my opinion, it was his HS Scout profile

right, I've been talking about the physical transformation that many HS guys go through as they become adults and NF is a perfect example of that. Btw, by the time he declared early for the draft he'd lost an inch and 4 lbs.

Jalen Jelks Senior year HS profile has him at 245#, but he projects to be a big boy on the inside by the time he's 19-20. The guy I was talking about (Canty) when you started the nonsense about me not valuing size is listed 6'8 270... thats pretty huge for a HS kid IMO. How many HS kids get 22 sacks in a season, let alone in their first year of football? This speaks to whats more important then raw size (again IMO)... raw talent. Imagine what the Duck coaches could do with that, especially since he seems to have both raw talent and size...

STOMP

10. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

11. SlyPokerDog

12. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

It doesn't say Lealao has decommitted from Stanford yet :X

So far, I would be content with landing Trey L and Lealao, along with that Fresno St. commit Jalen whoishisname

13. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

Yeah rivals doesn't immediately flip things, but like so many young athletes these days he did it via twitter. He's been retweeting come to our school stuff from followers from various schools including Oregon.... we'll see.

https://twitter.com/NEE_FEE_ZEE

content??? Added to Jelks Mondeaux & Talia, that would be ridiculous

[video=youtube;kLBZ91ox7uk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLBZ91ox7uk[/video]

STOMP

14. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

Oh snap I forgot bout Talia, Jenks, and Mondeuax on playing DE(I've been visiting 247 too many times :X)

Good lord that would actually be a solid D front, with Trey L as the Nose. He can redshirt as Balducci continues to play. Who else is playing NT behind him? Would Lealao play NT or is he too tall?

Vandy does worry me in regards to competing for him. Mason will shoot for the SEC+Academics angle

15. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

Armstead and Buckner both lined up at NT for snaps last season. So did Bair... Sam Kamp could too if he adds some pounds. So to answer your question on whether Lealao is too tall to play NT, 3 guys who played it last year are taller then him.

STOMP

16. Quack U!

Quack U! Member

My problem with to tall NG's and DT's is they lose leverage out of the block, often they have their length used against them by savvy O line players who pull well, especially in a 2 gap scheme. Length and speed on the DE positions from guys like AA and Buckner makes more sense to me. I'd prefer my DT and NG's to be 6'2-6'4 300 area to get under the O line pads and create holes for my LB's to run through. We could only be so lucky as to find a DT like Warren Sapp that can not only get the leverage on the line but also be able to penetrate into the backfield on their own. These are truly rare finds. I always like to look at the motor assessments on DT and NG's. That said Trey and Poona are very intriguing. Both have very good motor skills and get into the backfields. Poona seems a bit more nasty which is GOOD but both would be good leverage guys that can punch nice holes across the line and disrupt, which will make our LB's jobs now attacking vs reacting like we saw last season.

On a side note, have you guys seen Glen Ihenacho's highlight reel out of Serra? This kid hits with bad intention, I see some Ronnie Lott in this kid! He and Springs and Seisay could be lethal in the secondary for years to come. NICE!!

17. Quack U!

Quack U! Member

What's the word on this 6'3 300 pound DT who's personal friends with Ngata saying he'll commit to Oregon if they give him an offer?

18. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

19. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

20. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

I'm scared of losing Trey L to LSU. LSU not only is closer, but with Ego and Johnson gone they need some beef up front and say that he could True Frosh and go up against the best SEC competition.

We always lose out on top DTs. Just look at Suh. Last great NT was Ngata.