2014 Football Commits and Recruiting News

Discussion in 'Oregon Ducks' started by Wheels, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Daigotsu

Daigotsu Member

Mondeaux offered on Defense, Bunting on Offense. No competition for target spot.

Bunting had a positive visit, did not commit though.

In other news, new offer for Royce Freeman. Seems to be a battle between Us and UCLA.

2. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

Oh wowee!! This Freeman guy is 6'0, 210 pounds, and a nice physical back to boot! I'm liking this offer, hope we can nab him.

So have Mondeaux do a Dion like convert eh? Well he's 245 now, he'll surely get bigger in the weight program and may become a 3-4 DE possibly. Or become an OLB. And Bunting on offense would provide a great mismatch against other teams.

Glad to see Oregon is on top of recruiting nowadays then under the Kelly era. He always seemed to take his time...

3. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

:confused: The most highly rated classes in the history of the program happened under Kelly. Last year they received their 1st verbal in April and they currently only have one guy so far this year. While it seems they've a few more offers out now vs then, they do feature a pretty big Junior class that the 2014 class will be replacing (following the usual Redshirt year). Seems like little has changed to me.

STOMP

4. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

My mistake, I have only followed the ducks in 2010-2011(I went to Southern Oregon for school for a trimester) and just got into recruiting last year.

5. Daigotsu

Daigotsu Member

247 has their prediction thing up.

Here is who got the nod

Baker
    Demario richard
    McGraw
    50% lockett
    Mondeaux

Have no offers but predicted to Oregon.
    Mahalak
    Ware

All others either not listed, or stating will go elsewhere

6. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

Nevada HS Offensive Lineman Tyrell Crosby has committed to Oregon

STOMP

7. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

Awesome to hear about Crosby.

Shame we haven't much D-line interest yet. (I know I'm procrastinating...)

Edit: Also, is it me, or is 247Sports full of SEC homers? Like all of the top recruits have a 100% prediction rating to some SEC school of kind. Is it based in the south?

Edit2: How will this affect recruiting if I may ask?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  8. Daigotsu

Daigotsu Member

Rumor is we may be losing out on baker. (warning info from husky site, though rivals so there is a company behind it.)

https://twitter.com/UDUBNation

9. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

with zero context or quotes, I'd imagine the conversation went something like this...

UDUB Nation: if Oregon gets a 4 year bowl ban would you still consider going there?

BB: probably not

UDUB Nation: #Oregon fading...

since whats expected is a small reduction of scholarships and coaches recruiting visits, I don't think a top flight local recruit's opinion will take much of a hit when the NCAA finally doles out it's punishment. Oregon has been operating below a full roster for years already so the reduction of a few spots shouldn't upset the applecart. File this under whatever...

STOMP

10. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

Sark and gang are going all in on the major sanctions thing now for Oregon. When it doesn't happen, that staff will have lost all credibility.

I'll add that if Justin Wilcox is involved in these tactics, he just lost his Duck card, as far as I'm concerned. Sell the benefits of UDub, since you're coaching there, but to mislead recruits based on speculation is ridiculous. Word is that Wilcox was involved with the Robinson twins, and told them about a 4 year bowl ban, and how they'd never play in a bowl. The twins, luckily, aren't idiots like most Husky fans are, and saw it as an act of desperation. If Justin did try that crap, he's not welcome in Eugene, just as Tosh isn't welcome back at Cal.

11. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

Shame how we may not get good prospects to these rumors now. I don't think we will need McCaffery(personally I'd love him to go to Michigan) but we could use the other dudes.

Shame on Wilcox. I respected him as a DC, but this is just low.

12. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

this NCAA investigation has been hanging over the program for a few years now yet they've pulled some of their best classes (according to the various recruiting services) ever. It's certainly not helping their cause though and it'll be good when it's finally behind them.

The Ducks will be looking to add probably 2 RBs this cycle as they don't have that much depth. I would expect at least one of these new recruits to be a high(er) profile kid like McCaffery

STOMP

13. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

Colorado O-Lineman Sam Jones will be visiting OSU and UO later this month. Currently he lists ASU as his leader, but he's said he will be declaring shortly after the visits out West.

STOMP

14. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

BIP8OAlCUAAJnNs.jpg

STOMP

15. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

@_@

Well aren't I the silly one. Guess we have an edge on him(though people on 247 are saying Stanford for some reason).

16. Daigotsu

Daigotsu Member

Gear doesn't mean he'll go to Oregon, Can't hurt though.

Ergo last year, Redfield, Wilson and their gear ect.

Remember we saw Quick this year in Oregon gear, but not hearing much on that end post offer.

17. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

Well he looks good in it. Can't go wrong with an APB(would have had one in Wilson but oh well).

Shame too. So then, I noticed of a LB/DE in North Carolina

http://247sports.com/Player/Lorenzo-Featherston-24527

He has a very similar frame to Dion. He has us as "Warm" so it wouldn't hurt to offer him. Alliotti could pitch that he can be like how Dion was: Pass Rush, Cover, go in on 2 pt situations, etc. Our only major competition I think would be North Carolina and Clemson, so I think we have a good shot if any.

Any interior D-line prospects for us to offer and show good interest?

Also, a bit slow on this, but McGraw visited Eugene and I quote, called Oregon's facilities "best in the world".

18. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

kids are often still filling out their frames and even growing taller at age 16-17 (the age of most HS Juniors). While outside the norm, I grew 8 inches after I turned 17. At this point a couple years back DeForest Buckner was 230 lbs and Alex Balducci was 262... they're now reportedly checking in at 285 and 300. My guess is Oregon continues to target athletic big framed kids (who like DFB & AB are probably projected as DEs by the sites) and figure that they can sculpt them to the weight they need them at down the line.

STOMP

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  19. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

and case in point, the latest DLine kid to get an offer is Jalen Jelks who goes 6'7 & 253 and hails from Arizona

[video=youtube;gLinepLSe4U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLinepLSe4U[/video]

STOMP

20. Daigotsu

Daigotsu Member

Quick down on Oregon due to Stark whispering Major sanctions into his ear, even if sanctions not major I think we may not recover.

Offered unranked Taven Bryan, outside of us Washington is his best offer. Would have liked for us to offer mama or Brown, but Greatwood has managed well in general so far.