2015 Football Commits and Recruiting News

Discussion in 'Oregon Ducks' started by PapaG, Feb 10, 2014.

1. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

Georgia DE Russell Ude relayed via twitter that he received his coveted Oregon offer this week. His comment...

apparently all these elite DLineman prospects expressing Duck love haven't been listening to Eddie Vanderdoes who very tragically broke his foot...sniffle

Also receiving offers this week were Texas CB Kendall Sheffield, Pennsylvania DE Shareef Miller & Florida RB/Legarrette Blount clone Jacques Patrick. Oregon coaches are racking up the frequent flyer miles

STOMP

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  2. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

In a recent rivals interview, Florida DLineman Byron Cowart was going through his list of suiters. While being asked which school he was most looking forward to visiting, he lit up & answered Oregon before the reporter was finished with the question. He said he was most looking forward to meeting coach Aiken and also wanted to spend time with the DC (Pellum) & strength/conditioning coach (Radcliffe).

STOMP

3. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

I am feeling really good about this recruiting cycle.

4. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

Texas RB Soso Jamabo plans on visiting April 20

[video=youtube;f1SF6toHzRA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1SF6toHzRA[/video]

STOMP

5. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  6. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

Oregon has offered yet another top ranked RB, this time it's Ronald Jones of Texas. He's been offered by pretty much the entire who's who of college football, but immediately named Oregon in his top 6.

[video=youtube;xfNoRhie_UY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfNoRhie_UY[/video]

STOMP

7. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

Going be tough grabbing Jones and Jamabo out of Texas what with our crowded backfield, unless Marshall declares in his junior year.

8. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

The way the scholarships line up Oregon projects to have a small class this year (like 15 or so). As you note, the backfield is stacked with talent & thats true whether the kid viewing the depth chart is from Texas, Georgia, or Central Catholic HS in Portland. The depth chart is hardly top secret though, and top prospects seem to be really interested in starring in the Ducks prolific offense nonetheless. The productivity of Duck RBs, Gary Campbell being a complete stud & seemingly every starting RB going on to the League combine to make the likely 1 scholarship available a very attractive option

STOMP

9. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

Grabbing one RB this cycle would be good though, and having interested form multiple RBs is good. I can see us targeting the Trenches mostly(3-4 O-line and 3-5 D-linemen) in this cycle, grabbing 1 RB, a DB and WR or two, and one QB.

10. BLAZER PROPHET

BLAZER PROPHET Well-Known Member

dental malpractice claims adjuster
    I am too. They're taking chances and not backing down.

11. BLAZER PROPHET

BLAZER PROPHET Well-Known Member

dental malpractice claims adjuster
    THat concerns me. He seems to be looking for a college with very hugh academic standards. UO is OK, but not elite by any means.

12. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

D1 athletes have a much different academic experience then the average student so I'm not sure how relevant the school rankings are. Their sport demands a good chunk of each day so having things organized/streamlined and receiving extra support is important in maximizing their time. In this very real way, Oregon's famous facilities aren't just glitz. That the football players can practice, weight train, have meetings/film sessions, eat & study all within a close proximity isn't found everywhere. From my understanding most school's facilities are spread out around campus, so that means a lot of wasted time in commute. Readily available personal tutors & computers at the red carpet study hall Jaqua Center further separates the D1 athlete education experience.

STOMP

13. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

Brett Bafaro and Dylan Asherman not going to return to the ducks according to @DuckFootball.

Guess that opens up 2 more spots.

14. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

only one more spot that wasnt already going to be there I think. Ausherman is a senior so his spot would have opened anyway. Bafaro is the only one I believe.

15. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

So with Bafaro leaving, who should we target? We good at LB right? That makes more room for O-line/D-line

16. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

Highly rated California DT Rasheem Green has scheduled a visit to Eugene in late April

[video=youtube;E4D0SYkcKf4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4D0SYkcKf4[/video]

STOMP

17. Daigotsu

Daigotsu Member

Not looking good for Oregon on Kirk, things are up in the air due to lack of contact.

18. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

Hide your hamburgers... California OLineman Tevita Halalilo claims a top 2 of Oregon & UCLA. He says UCLA probably makes the most sense because of its close location to home but the Ducks have always been his favorite.

[video=youtube;MXAbnQF6beU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXAbnQF6beU[/video]

STOMP

19. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

And why aren't we talking to him? We can't let TAMU take him

20. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

it's his decision where he ends up. If he doesn't end up in Eugene, I doubt it's because Oregon coaches are asleep at the wheel and not talking to guys that they want.

In other news, sounds like there is mutual interest between Oregon and Louisianna WR Tyron Johnson, who is about to announce his top 5.

[video=youtube;d2j1PtdBY_c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2j1PtdBY_c[/video]

STOMP