Event 2016 NBA Draft Lottery, 5:00pm PT, ESPN

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BonesJones, May 16, 2016.

?

If you had to pick, who would won the lottery?

Poll closed May 18, 2016.
  1. 76ers

21 vote(s)
    51.2%
  2. Lakers

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  3. Celtics

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  4. Suns

12 vote(s)
    29.3%
  5. Timberwolves

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Pelicans

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

http://www.nba.com/2016/news/05/17/nba-draft-lottery.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt6b

"And their win Tuesday certainly won't quiet those believers in lottery conspiracies, as former 76ers center Dikembe Mutombo tweeted congratulations on their victory about four hours earlier. He sent a subsequent tweet saying he was just excited but was keeping his fingers crossed."

Didnt they have the best odds of winning it? I know I voted thatg they would win it. How many others?

Probably just a mistake most of us can relate to making at one time or another.

I know once I accidentally texted a girl on accident when I was thinking I was texting my mother(in my phone as mom, girls name was monica) and it was bad.

2. BlazerCaravan

BlazerCaravan Hug a Bigot... to Death

Luckily, because of NBA lotto conspiracy theorists, nobody will ever figure out Mutumbo is a time traveler...

PDXFonz, Orion Bailey and SlyPokerDog like this.
  3. Trackjack

Trackjack Well-Known Member

I heard the only place Simmons what's to go is the Lakers.

4. Trackjack

Teams will be sagging in middle on Simmons and make him shoot the 3. A shot he turn down most the time in college. I also don't think he that much interested defense neither watch him many time this year and seem not interested. I am not saying he doesn't have talent he does but I question the hype. Philly I would select Ingram or don't count out Dunn. Do they trade down to number 3 and get more draft pick and get there guy in Dunn something to think about.

BonesJones likes this.
  5. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

I could see them trading Okafor to Phoenix at 4 or New Orleans at 6

If I'm Phili I'm taking Ingram at #1 and trading Okafor to get Dunn. Then I'm using that 1st along with other picks to trade up to get Denzel Valentine.

Dunn/Valentine/Ingram/Saric/Noel with Embiid off the bench

That's a potential top 5 defensive team with 3 playmaking wings, a stretch 4, and an athletic rim protector at 5. Ingram fits in seamlessly. Simmons, not so much.

Philidelphia is gonna be fun to watch on draft night. So many possibilities.

6. Trackjack

I really like valentine and trade okafor for Dunn that would be good but I don't think that will happen. It looks like we both agree Philly needs a point guard.

7. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

I just think their identity needs to be a top defensive them with a diverse scoring attack..

I think it's easier to build around defense, as every team values offense more than defense. It's harder to build a top 5 offensive team over a top 5 defensive team.

Plus, it's harder for players to develop defensively than offensively. There are many players who were drafted too low as defensive players and their offense developed rapidly (think Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, Jimmy Butler). However, I rarely hear of a great offensive player with mediocre defense being drafted high and developing into a great defender. (Carmelo, Durant, Harden, etc.)

Therefore, if it's easier to develop offense than defense, and defense is undervalued, it only makes sense to build a team on the defensive end first, and to develop the offense while they grow older. That's why the 76ers should trade Okafor instead of Noel (they'll also get more in return because again, the league values offense more than defense).

The thing is, guys like Ingram, Dunn, and Valentine are great defenders and already solid, polished offensive players with the potential to be more on that end. That's they way they SHOULD rebuild.

handiman likes this.
  8. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

This is pretty cool that they actually reveal this. Hard to imagine a conspiracy unless you're a really jaded cynic.

JFizzleRaider likes this.
  9. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

I voted Philly because the lottery actually stayed true to form. No one moved up at all

10. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

For all thr cynics we have around here im surprised only 2 of you voted for the lakers. I mean, the league is rigged afterall

11. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Simmons is going to become the Lakers' version of Draymond Green. Like a poor-man's Maurice Harkless.

12. BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94

BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94 AWOL

Simmons will be Lamar Odom before the crack addiction for the Lakers again, I'm fine with that, good not great player.

13. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

76ers want Simmons and Buddy Hield. They are going to land that 3rd pick from the Celtics.

14. KeepOnRollin

KeepOnRollin Well-Known Member

Dude, there is another draft thread already. Stop Zombie bumping.

BonesJones and PDXFonz like this.