2017 draft thread

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Jun 23, 2017.

1. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

not too crazy about both picks

2. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

who did you want?

3. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

I liked Glass, I get it that he was obviously gone.. I don't mind Andersonn but would have rather had Yamamoto at 21

4. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

the czech kid was a safer pick than Yamamoto. They seemed to want to go the save route. Not sure why the oilers needed more offensive guys.

5. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Two more lefty shots. Rangers seem to never want to draft any right handed shots. They played it very conservatively with their first round picks. Without first rounders they were swinging for the fences with a lot of their picks the past few years. Their 1st round selections tell me they don't believe they can afford any mistakes with their top picks because the farm sucks with the forwards right now.

6. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

Both guys have decent size - Andersson 5'11", 201 and Chytil 6"2, 192. I've had enough of the little guys, few play like Zucc.

7. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

They were trying to trade up to 3 to get a defenseman. While the reports on that guy were great, that would have been a huge mistake IMO. The system has plenty of talented D guys. Rangers get way too caught up in drafting defenseman. The system is poor with forwards right now. Also, as I said before, a good amount of forwards on this team are dumb, have a low hockey IQ, don't have great motors and are inconsistent. The guys they took are the exact opposite of that.

8. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

You figure Andersson and Chytil were overdrafted slightly but it's not a huge deal if Clark and i guess Kallur really liked them. Maybe they could've traded back a few spots but there's no guarantee the same player would be there at 15 or 16. I think Andersson will be a very good player who puts up 50 pts. Chytil is perhaps riskier but his upside is high.

9. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

They were weak at center so Gorton addressed the situation at draft time and deserves a lot of credit for the cap cutting moves he made. I would think either guy will end up with better faceoff numbers than Stepan if he makes it to the Show.