OT 2018-2019 Rip City Two FANTASY FOOTBALL

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BonesJones, Jul 18, 2018.

1. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    The outlook is ok and the plan may work, but they have had a weird year. I was shocked someone gave them a 1st rounder for Cooper. Khalil Mack is really, really good they didn't win only 6 games because of Mack. I doubt they'll use their cap space on anyone better than Mack...
    I will always think it's weird that they went out there and beat Pittsburgh and Denver when they had all the incentive (as an organization) to just not show up.

2. LayneStaley

LayneStaley Well-Known Member

Badass
    I’d love to snag Allen at 4 or even trade back a couple spots and grab Devon White and another 2nd for our 4th. We gotta come out of those top 4 picks with at least 2 starters on D. It’s a fairly deep WR class the more I look at it so hopefully we grab 1 or 2 also.

The truth is with all this talk about home games in SD, Glendale, San Antonio, and now possibly all 8 in LONDON this is gonna take a couple drafts and offseasons, I just hope a good foundation has been laid going into LV. The stadium is gonna be sick, I personally have a few friends who will he making the trip from LA every home game and I expect a lot of others will too so I hate hearing this bullshit about not having a home field adv there, Raider Fans travel. I’ll be there Game one and at the 2020 draft:)

Do you post on RaidersForums? There are some knowledgeable guys there.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    TorturedBlazerFan likes this.
  3. LayneStaley

Badass
    Tanking in the NFL is a very slippery slope. Coaching 53 guys to lose is a real fast way to lose a locker room and fuck up your program. Especially when players see teams like the Colts who started 1-5 and are now gonna be a 10 win team after next week. I feel like culture and a strong locker room is very important in the NFL, almost more important than just having the most talanted guys. I don’t think guys who were willing to tank would fit in most of the good ones.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    SlyPokerCat likes this.
  4. SlyPokerCat

SlyPokerCat cats rool dogs drool

Yes I do post on raiderforums.

I would like Ferrell, Josh Allen, Greedy or Quinnen Williams at 4. Wouldnt mind trading back a few picks either and picking up a 2nd next year in doing so because ours is gone in the Mack deal.

In the later ones, if we miss out in Allen or Ferrell, I would like Brian Burns. And Mack Wilson the mlb from Bama.

In the early second i want Marquis Brown. Antonio Browns cousin at WR.

5. hoopsjock

hoopsjock Well-Known Member

Business Owner
    Do you guys/cat still believe in Carr or would you rather just pull the chord this off season and build a different way?

When the 49ers were good 6-7 years ago, one of the most overlooked factors was the 2010 draft where they had the 11th and 17th picks. They took Anthony Davis a RT and Mike Iupati a G. It wasn't flashy at all but it completely solidified their offensive line. The Raiders could completely transform a weakness like that into a major strength.

TorturedBlazerFan likes this.
  6. SlyPokerCat

Yup. People like to laugh and make fun but give me a fucking break. We got a win and dropped from 2 to 4. Big fucking deal. Bosa is going 1 anyways. Mack was pick #5 and everyone was jizzing themselves over Clowney that year. Imo Josh Allen or Clelin ferrell have a chance of being better than Bosa. Wins and playing better will go a long way with free agents.

LayneStaley likes this.
  7. SlyPokerCat

I do not want to trade Carr. He isn't the problem. He has a 70%ish completion rate and a high 90's qb rating. With shit receivers. He also was top 5 in the mvp conversation 2 years ago. He won't end up being a Drew Brees but he definitely has shown he can be a Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan, good Alex Smith type qb.

hoopsjock likes this.
  8. hoopsjock

hoopsjock Well-Known Member

Business Owner
    For the record, its just been a little fun back and forth between @LayneStaley and I the last few weeks over the 49ers and Raiders draft position. I don't think I ever mentioned anything about the direction of the Raider franchise. You do have to admit at the time of both the Mack and Cooper trades the thought was the draft positions would be much better. You're right though it only matters how you use the picks not what pick it was.

SlyPokerCat likes this.
  9. SlyPokerCat

Oh that wasn't directed at you. Everyone just likes to hate on the Raiders and it gets annoying. What they did is basically a "trust the process" ala the 76ers. We have 5 first rounders the next two years. The talking heads should wait to bury Gruden until the picks are made.

You have to think gruden looked at the team and didn't think we were super bowl contenders and constructed. I hated traded Mack, but i like that we got some picks for him instead of the Bell debacle. The cooper trade was good for both parties. He got the cowboys to the playoffs. He wasn't happy with us anymore and wasnt playing well for us. We didnt want to have to pay him 16+ million a year next year. Yeah the picks arent as good as first thought, but if we hit then meh. I was most surprised with the dallas pick getting worse.

hoopsjock likes this.
  10. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    Could they have gotten the #1 pick had they kept losing? Poking fun at each other is part of the fun of sports. I dont really feel like Ive said all that much to make a raider fan of upset. I questioned the 49ers winning too.

I get the strategy. I think you may be over valuing winning a couple games at the end of the year in terms of FA’s. This isnt basketball, football most guys go to who will give them the most guaranteed cash.

We will find out how well they do going forward. How they use those picks and the cap space will kind of define their future.

hoopsjock likes this.
  11. LayneStaley

Badass
    If we are lucky Herbert comes out and the Giants start freaking out and give us their one this year and next year for our 4th to grab him. The only qb I’m interested in is Will Grier in this draft but if Carr can continue to make progress I’m happy to give him another year in this system. He’s had 4 different offenses in 4 years so maybe a little continuity is what he needs. The captain checkdown shit does get old though.

12. LayneStaley

Badass
    When they beat the Cards that dream was pretty much over, the first tie breaker is opp sos. The raiders were obviously going to have the higher number with the chiefs and chargers on the schedule twice.

hoopsjock and TorturedBlazerFan like this.
  13. trailblazer18

trailblazer18 Well-Known Member

BONUSES ($110 total):
    - Weekly High Score - $5
    My count shows the following:
    @HAAK72 has 2.5 ($12.50)
    @hoopsjock has 4.5 (him and Haak tied week 2 of the playoffs) ($22.50)
    @trailblazer18 4 ($20)
    PDX 2 ($10)
    @BoBoBREWSKI 2 ($10)
    Perez 1 ($5)
    - Most Weekly High Scores - $5
    @hoopsjock ($5)
    - Highest Scoring Week - $10
    @trailblazer18 ($10 week 11, 221 points)
    - Most Total Points for the Season - $15
    @trailblazer18 ($15, 2190 points)

PLACEMENT PAYOUTS ($390):
    1st - $235 @hoopsjock
    2nd - $115 @trailblazer18
    3rd - $40 @BoBoBREWSKI

@PtldPlatypus adding up all the bonus money show we only have enough for weekly high scores thru week 16, not thru week 17 like @BonesJones said. So I think this is the money payouts.

14. trailblazer18

trailblazer18 Well-Known Member

15. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Precisely what I was just about to post.

16. PtldPlatypus

To confirm--Perez is Bones' friend (meaning I'll need to send his money to Bones), and is "PDX" the other player who is not a member of this forum?

17. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    I believe pdx is @The Professional Fan

hoopsjock and trailblazer18 like this.
  18. PtldPlatypus

Even better. Gotta keep the cash in the family!

hoopsjock likes this.
  19. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

I think he has a PayPal, I'd just wait until after Week 17 since theres a payout for high score that week.

20. BoBoBREWSKI

BoBoBREWSKI BURP!

Thanks guys! :cheers:

Congrats to HoopsJock for winning the big payout!