Event 2018 NBA Draft

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94, Nov 16, 2017.

1. tykendo

tykendo Don't Tread On PDX

Loose lips, sink ships

Propagandist likes this.
  2. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

I initially said Hawks were the losers of this draft but after thinking about it I actually reckon they might have done fine.

The idea behind Young and Huerter backcourt is that they are going to emulate Curry and Thompson lite. While I think they won’t be anywhere near as good, they could easily become the two best shooters in this draft and that’s already a big advantage. They should also be pretty fun to watch. Spellman is another player that should shoot all right and could fit their Warriors lite.

The Mavs pick should be a good one. It’s top 5 protected but Dallas will likely not be a bottom 5 team next year. They aren’t good enough to make a playoffs push, even if they sign Boogie, so I would probably have it ranked 6-12 next year. They also own that Cleveland pick which is top 10 protected, if LeBron leaves I can see Cleveland being bad enough to end up in lottery but if they keep Love they could end up just missing the playoffs - pick 11-14 is possible. Atlanta themselves will be bad enough to get a top 5 pick too. That’s actually a big war chest and with the next draft being so wing heavy they might be able to add a couple of big pieces to that roster.

There is some logic behind the moves. I think getting that Dallas pick is underrated. Doncic will be much better than Young in all likelihood but if Young ends up being just a good NBA player and Dallas pick ends up no. 7 or so and lands them Reddish/Williamson etc. that could still be a very good deal.

Wizard Mentor likes this.
  3. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

No one traded for a vet.

BonesJones likes this.
  4. perkinsfor3

perkinsfor3 Well-Known Member

Wouldve been a good fit.

5. JDC

JDC Well-Known Member

He's intriguing defensively, but he's got a ton of work to do to even become a below average offensive player.

perkinsfor3 and BonesJones like this.
  6. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Meh. Not a better one than Trent.

perkinsfor3 and BonesJones like this.
  7. KSF-ERIC

KSF-ERIC Well-Known Member

Damn. So many good players came out of this draft.