OT 2018 NCAA Basketball FBI Investigation

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BonesJones, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

FBI has Miller from Arizona talking about 100k payment with Cheistian Dawkins for Deandre Ayton

2. ripcityboy

ripcityboy Well-Known Member

self employed
    He gone.

3. Haakzilla

Haakzilla Well-Known Member

SEOWebDesignLLC.com
    ...bahahaha, this guy is so full of shit!

BonesJones likes this.
  4. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Great video, BJ!

BonesJones likes this.
  5. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Thanks man, appreciate it!

You should come down at the end of July to watch us play in Rip City 3-on-3. I was thinking we could get some people from the forum together at a local gym the day before and run some games. Would be a fun vlog to put together for the forum.

6. ripcityboy

ripcityboy Well-Known Member

self employed
    Sean Miller's favorite movie scene.

7. andalusian

andalusian Season - Restarted

The fact that the university allows him to talk in his official capacity probably means they believe him. As a public university they would have suspended or fired him immediately if they were not really certain this is bullshit. I am pretty sure I read that the timeline of the reports are completely bogus.

BonesJones likes this.
  8. Haakzilla

Haakzilla Well-Known Member

SEOWebDesignLLC.com
    ...sports world version of #fakenews?!

9. hoopsjock

hoopsjock Well-Known Member

Business Owner
    I thought of an idea of how to pay players. Up until the last couple weeks I've been against paying them other than adding a little more money to their monthly stipends or whatever. I was thinking about the guy who went on College Gameday and held up the sign that said something along the lines of "Hey Mom, I need beer money" with his Venmo # on it. People from all over donated money to his account. So why should a guy holding a sign at a game get money when the players playing in the actual game can't?

So here is my idea: The NCAA would set up a website that would be like Paypal, Venmo, or GoFundMe. Every athlete (male and female) would get signed up for an account. Then fans and boosters or whomever could go to the website and "donate" money directly to whatever athletes they want to. This means that the fans would basically be paying the athletes and the crooked NCAA wouldn't have to worry about giving up a piece of their precious money pie. Athletes could also get money into their account for making appearances, autograph signings, and percentage of their jersey sales. It would also eliminate having to unfairly pay a star QB the same amount as a 3rd string punter or a basketball player the same amount as a tennis player or whatever. The more popular and better the athlete is the more money they would likely get.

So lets say you really like Justin Herbert and wanted to give him $20 as a thank you for winning a big game. You'd go to the website and click on University of Oregon, then Men's Football, and then his name. All donations would be public record so no shady things could occur. To avoid teams promising a booster to give them $1 million or something absurd like that you could cap it at a certain amount such as $50,000 per year. That number would probably need some tweaking depending on the results. If you get caught accepting money outside of the program then you forfeit all rights to your money and have to pay back what you have taken out. This would deter players from accepting money from agents or the schools themselves.

Now how the student-athletes get their money is still up for discussion. They could simply have a debit card that they can use to access the money however they wish or it could go into some sort of fund that they get a check from at the end of each trimester or semester as long as they remain academically eligible. There would probably have to be a system in place to pay taxes as they get their money so that they don't owe a bunch of money at the end of the year after spending it all. This would hopefully teach people to be more financially responsible as well.

What do you guys think of this? What are the flaws in my idea? Would it work?