Event 2018 NCAA March Madness

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94, Feb 17, 2018.

1. LayneStaley

LayneStaley Well-Known Member

Badass
    What else would i DO on an off day?

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  2. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    We know

BonesJones and SlyPokerDog like this.
  3. LayneStaley

LayneStaley Well-Known Member

Badass
    No wonder my gettin ass comments aren’t liked more...Geeks.

BonesJones, BBert and SlyPokerDog like this.
  4. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    How 'bout dem Beavers!! :)

LayneStaley and SlyPokerDog like this.
  5. theprunetang

theprunetang Shaedon "Deadly Nightshade" Sharpe is HIM

I'll admit to calling you out when you first started. I apologize for that. We have a history here with a known troll who gets banned and then joins under a new name. And then the cycle repeats itself. Based on your first post or two, I had a suspicion it might be happening again and acted like a jerk. Sorry. I can tell that you obviously have much more intelligence than that guy. Glad you stuck around.

BBert, rotary111 and BonesJones like this.
  6. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Same.

BBert likes this.
  7. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I know the guy personally. Not a troll. Not "looking for a fight". Not a Zach fan. Not happy about Stotts. But not a troll. I don't blame him for the way he responded. First post isn't well received and he gets piled on. Why would he want to stay?

BBert and SlyPokerDog like this.
  8. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    here's an idea.

less than 0 creates a new account, lays low for a while, and then (under new name) posts an introduction thread.

Then takes some time to let people know his (or her) sense of humor, etc, and grows some thicker skin.

The growing thicker skin thing is actually apropos for all of us (hint for @HCP , it basically means it applies to all of us).

If your first ever post (or first 3 posts you've ever made) comes off wrong, it's not us, it's you. If you've already gotten (as the kids used to say) "butt hurt" for what happened, it's on you. That's not to say that say we should always treat new members with suspicion, but maybe new members shouldn't go head first into their shtick without letting us know it's shtick.

BBert and rotary111 like this.
  9. hoopsjock

hoopsjock Well-Known Member

Business Owner
    You can't honestly tell us that a post like his first one wasn't meant to rile people up and ruffle some feathers. It did exactly that. Then he says he's joking but it's not really joking if what he is saying is mostly how he feels.

BBert likes this.
  10. Less than Zero

Less than Zero New Member

If I may, I checked this thread now with a cooler head and hopefully all involved have cooler heads as well.

I figured since almost none of my post was fact it would come across as funnier than it did. The blazers took Collins from Gonzaga, not a number 11 on a crazy run, it wasn't really 1 game (I thought obviously) they did overpay, as even Olshey said he's not quite what the Blazer thought he would be. But there's not a history of crazy draft day trades.

I thought maybe a huge Zach fan would be upset, but I also figured they'd say something in support of him, not shout me down as a racist, which if I am I hate my own skin color.

I am not absolving myself of blame. I could have posted something else (I had already posted about Stotts) I have been here before as a guest and followed some of the threads. I'm sorry for upsetting the people I did. Not staying so no need for those people to worry just wanted to post with a cool head.

Rip City, Go Blazers

PtldPlatypus likes this.
  11. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    Please stop playing the "I'm not staying" card. If you feel a certain way then back it up with stats and hold strong to your beliefs. It makes it a lot worse if you post like that and then quit posting.

Olshey hasn't said Zach isn't what they thought he'd be. That makes no sense and didn't happen. It's also not clear whether they paid too much to trade up for him either.

It's okay to criticize the tean here. I was pissed when they took Collins but have seen flashes as to why and he does have promise. Mentioning skin color multiple different times in regards to a game you are watching and Collins in particular comes across as weak and trollish.

BonesJones likes this.
  12. Less than Zero

First off, 1 lanky white guy reference.

Second, Dwight Jaynes interviewed Olshey and he said tho he's not what they thought he'd be when moving up to take him at 10, he's well above where a rookie should be.

Trying to clear things up but I see it won't be let go of.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  13. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    Wait so by saying Olshey said he isn't what they thought he'd be you were trying to say it positively? Go back and read that sentence. It is part of one where you are talking about overpaying for him. How is someone reading that supposed to deduce that you were complimenting him? You have to have at least some awareness that posting like that can be taken the wrong way.

BonesJones likes this.
  14. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

If you change Dirk Nowitzki's first name to Dog he suddenly seems like a much better player.

15. Less than Zero

It wasn't a compliment. It wasn't a positive post, it also wasn't a completely serious post. It was met with more hatred than I have ever gotten on Twitter.

It wasnt intended as a positive post or a serious post. I didn't go far enough over the top to read sarcasm (and Im new so didnt know about making pretty green posts) and that's my fault. I'm not going to further explain myself about the original post.

16. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    Did they overpay for him tho?

Giles and Jackson aren't exactly lighting up the league. Now are their other players that have performed better, at 15 and 20?

I guess you could argue there are 3 players who would have been better to take and available. Mitchell, Kuzma and maybe John Collins. I think Mitchell is a given, but he wouldn't be performing at the rate he is now due to CJ and Damian.
    Not saying they shouldn't have taken him, just pointing out that it's unlikely he'd be given the keys to the franchise like he has been given in Utah.

So that leaves John Collins and Kyle Kuzma.

John Collins was taken at 19 so he would've only been available at 15 and I'm not sure he would've been a good pick at 15 nor do I think he would've gotten the minutes in Portland.

Kuzma would've been considered a reach at 15 or 20 (at the time). And it's unlikely he would've been given the minutes and opportunities he has received in L.A.

So it's unlikely that either of those guys would've been put in a position to play anymore than Collins was.

But Zach's age has to be taken into account, since he's 20. Jackson is almost 23 (he turns 23 in a few days), J Collins is the same age and Kuzma is 2 years older than Zach. If Zach is still pulling a Meyers in 2-3 years then yes they over-paid. Not so sure that is the case currently. I'm not considering Giles because he hasn't played yet.

Of course, what this has to do with the NCAA tournament I don't know.

BonesJones and hoopsjock like this.
  17. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    I'm not talking about your original post, I'm talking about this from just an hour ago:

BonesJones likes this.
  18. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

I think it's clear that Olshey is going to trade up to draft Grayson Allen.

19. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    You're digging a deeper hole here. You made the comment that Olshey says he wasn't quite what he thought he would be. Then you follow that up by quoting an interview in which Olshey says that he is farther along than they were expecting. Somehow that is a bad thing?

Bones asked you specifically what parts you were joking about and you never really answered. What you are saying doesn't make sense and when asked to clarify you just become even more confusing and claim it was a joke. I don't get what you are expecting as a reaction to that and once again I am talking about your posts right now not last night.

BonesJones likes this.
  20. tester551

tester551 Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever seen a newby get this much attention in less than 24 hours.

It's time for all yall to drop it & move on. If he sticks around & contributes.... great. If not, oh well.

SlyPokerDog likes this.