2019 Offseason Storylines 1: Mario Hezonja

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Wizard Mentor, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

The point is you overreact to players allllllll the time, the only reason you aren’t with Hezonja is because you don’t like him. And it’s ok if you do overreact, since pretty much everyone does it, but to then turn around and police it is.. funny.

CupWizier likes this.
  2. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Says the dude who thought Stauskas was gonna be good last year and I had to try to talk you down from that. Here we are again with Hezonja.

Who do I overreact to? I'm told I'm more negative then anything.

I suggested Little as a token starter if he was good enough to handle 15 minutes a game. It was a hypothetical with conditions. Very different.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  3. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

You don’t want to go down this road, Mr. Doncic is just another Evan Turner.

4. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    [​IMG]

James lamphear likes this.
  5. Paine Tablet

Paine Tablet Well-Known Member

This is such a shit narrative. The team was winning when he was playing, just as they were winning when he wasn't. His play had NOTHING to do with his lack of playing time and the team suffered NOTHING when he played.

6. twobullz

twobullz Well-Known Member

So him getting abused on defense had nothing to do with it huh. I know Stotts all of a sudden didn't like him and pulled him. Oh wait if that was the case he never would have played in the first place. He had his chance and showed he was not someone you could rely on. The team did suffer when he played, that is why he was benched in the playoffs. When he did play he was the worst defender on the court and a non contributor on the offensive end.

7. SIeepwalker

SIeepwalker The lone sane poster

Please tell me you see the irony in this

8. BonesJones

Damn, you had the time to go back a year and still couldnt find enough ammo that you could paraphrase correctly? Shit! I'll even quote it myself!

"Seems like he might sruggle getting to the rim". Didnt even say he would for sure, just said it was a question mark.
    "I think his lack of quickness might hold him back". Damn, I was wrong, would you look at that!
    "Evan Turner had the same draft stock when he was coming out of Ohio State". Turner's was actually higher, he went 2nd while Doncic went 3rd.

No where did I say he was another Evan Turner. If youre going to put that nuch time trying to find ammo to use on me, at least use it accurately.

So what road do I not want to go down?

9. BonesJones

Let me get this straight... so because Jake was on a winning team, and the team won without him as well, the advanced stats that gauge the difference in team production with and without him are bullshit?

Huh?

10. BonesJones

Huh?

11. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

Instead of just admitting you were wrong about a guy I knew you’d “no actually” the whole thing, just like you do with anything or anyone else that dares go against you. Most predictable reaction on this board. Do you think people would think less of you because you were wrong about something? Seems like you do, bringing up Stauskas outta nowhere when I haven’t even said much about Hezonja besides a general “we’ll see.” But ok, since you brought it up, I was wrong about Stauskas. But you know what? somehow, I’m ok with it and will not be losing sleep over it. Get on that level. Or don’t. Whatever.

12. BonesJones

Pay more attention. Not only is it obvious that you didnt read my post well enough, but you should expect a "No, actually..." type of response when you misquote people and take what they said out of context while also using it with whatever you call this crap:
    The fact that you're complaining about me correcting your misquote of me is ridiculous. The fact that you quoted a post where I said I was wrong and complained about not admitting I was wrong is ridiculous.

For the sake of everyone else on this forum, I'm not going to discuss this any further. Have a good night.

13. AldoTrapani

AldoTrapani Well-Known Member

Damn a lot of beef on this forum

14. LayneStaley

LayneStaley Well-Known Member

Badass
    At least it’s all over super important stuff.

15. Propagandist

Propagandist Well-Known Member

There is a lot of red legos in here.

16. borim69

borim69 Well-Known Member

Don't know much about the guy. I remember all the Hype when he first came into the league then he disappeared real fast. Here is what I know: Aminu, Harkless, Turner, and Leonard were not going to get us to the Finals. Here is what I do not know and neither does anyone else: Will Bazemore, Mario, Whiteside, and Hood get us to the Finals this year?
    I know that a lot of you guys use the analytical stats but I do not believe that in the NBA you can base everything on stats as you can in Baseball. In Baseball you have one on one with 5 variables L/H, R/H, curveball, fastball, breaking ball. That is pretty much the sum and you can base any player on that pitcher or batter. NBA is a bit different. Someone said up above that his teams winning percentage was the same whether he was on the court or off the court that stat is totally useless because he is no longer on that team and none of those players are on our team. The only stats you can pretty much have carry over is FT%. Most of the shooting %'s will stay the same or move up or down a bit but that would not be a given either.
    I am personally happy that we got rid of the 4 red herrings that were on our team last year and I welcome the new guys and would like to refrain from eviscerating them at least until the All Star break. Lets let them play a few minutes of Blazer basketball before you burn them in effigy.

Pinwheel1, Titan, gatorpops and 2 others like this.
  17. CupWizier

retired
    Stats are always a nice tool to have available, but like you said, stats alone don't tell the whole picture. Some posters like to throw out stats and also advanced stats as if they are the holy grail of how to determine the talent of a player. There are many things that top scouts and GM's use to evaluate a player. It just amazes me how some like to continue to dog on a player and prejudge what a player will do here before he even steps on the floor.

Pinwheel1, gatorpops and HailBlazers like this.
  18. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

someone above was given the blazers a C grade for what they have accomplished this off-season. I think B

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  19. CupWizier

retired
    hahaha, well there is at least one sheeple as well.

20. Hobbesarable

Hobbesarable Cartoon Character

Goes well with the veggies from my garden.