Notice 2020-21 Season Schedule

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by THE HCP, Dec 4, 2020.

1. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Investment Management / Financial Planner
    Cloud DVR

2. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

i tried to cover for ya man!

mad respect for honesty though. ;)

kjironman1 likes this.
  3. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

Who's making the game threads this season?

4. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

we live in the West Salem hills, out in the country a little, and the cell service up here is pretty bad. Kind of a void in reception around here. Even people who visit and have various providers usually can't get anything better than poor signal

lol....yeeeeeesh. I get dumber and dumber about technology the older I get. Never heard of that. I mean, I know about the cloud and I know about DVR's since I have one in the modem. But combining the two concepts hadn't occurred to me

5. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

This years team isnt last years team. And I'm a bit hopeful Stotts will improve.

We should be favored in 4 out of those 6 games.

6. BonesJones

DVR in the app itself, essentially.

7. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Investment Management / Financial Planner
    Of course it is different....but the Warriors were fielding a G-League squad and they will be much better as well. So both teams will be better. As for being 'hopefuly Stotts will improve'. That has been being hoped on for years now it seems. Maybe at 63 he magically finds better defensive schemes, can figure out how to attack when knowing Dame is going to be trapped, and will move from the bottom basement in terms of forcing turnovers and creating easy baskets. The upgrade in talent should help, but will he adjust his coaching to the talent available?

8. SharpesTriumph

SharpesTriumph Well-Known Member

I could see us with a huge range of possibilities to start the season. 1-5 is possible as the only game we should be heavy favorites is HOU who is a mess. UTH LAL LAC could all be very strong. Maybe the Lakers start slow or maybe they pick up strong where they left off and will ease up later in the season. GS is a wild card, if Curry is hot with starters playing well they could be tough. Or if their depth, shooting, new faces, defense is slow to come together they could be bad.

So honestly anywhere from 1-5 to 6-0 to start the season is possible even if the Blazers are playing decent. The Blazers have brand new starting forwards, two backup away for a year, and Melo reduced role to mold into an effective team rotation. That's over half the rotation players. Normally the teams hard work, Dame's organizing groups prior to the season, prepares them for the start of the season better than other teams. But with Covid that advantage is gone.

After the first 6 games the following 15 games are more critical must wins, if the team can't bank a lot of wins on that easy stretch they won't have a good season.

I look at the first 6 games as an opportunity to get out of the gate with a chance on having a great season, but failing doesn't doom the team to a bad season, it just removes the chance of an amazing start and puts their backs against the wall.

9. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

You're fucked if it's sunny out!

10. BonesJones

Stotts has more pressure on him than ever though. No more personnel excuse for him to fall back on.

TBpup likes this.