Game Thread 2020 Debate Part 3 - Sept 12

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by barfo, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Oh..Thanks for the update. Actually I met Gabbard. I support her over Beto or Harris.

2. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

You met Gabbard? Are you by any chance Bashar al-Assad?

barfo

Chris Craig and calvin natt like this.
  3. Hoopguru

I thought you may come back with that!...lol
    No, I just think she's more for the ordinary person and not to interested in buddying up with the elitist. She seems to want more transparency on issues and how people are measured.
    She may not be qualified, I don't know, but I think she's probably as much, as a few others.
    Get the feeling she's a no BS broad with backbone and transparency, I like that. Plus, she not to bad looking, that a plus after the last election.

Chris Craig likes this.
  4. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Well-Known Member

I like her as well but after she criticized the DNC and stepped down in 2016, there’s no way she’s getting in. We know they are completely corrupt after what they did to Bernie last go around, so I have no doubt they will pull similar shenanigans to keep the non-establishments out this time. I’m just curious what new and clever ways they will find to shift the goal posts moving forward. They are creative. It’s actually amazing to me they haven’t been completely dismantled after tampering with an election so brazenly, most progressives with any morals despise the democratic establishment after what they did to Bernie Sanders. Probably a good part of the reason we have a reality TV star in the Oval Office right now.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  5. Hoopguru

Im believe on both sides there are old guard elitist that DO determine a lot about primaries candidates and she's not in good favor with either side, which I don't mind. What matters to me is what the American people think. Bernie was screwed and Hillary was treated like royalty by the elitist and given a pass nobody else would ever get.

6. barfo

Or maybe people just aren't that into her. Not everything is a conspiracy. Her polling numbers aren't very good.

Yang's polling numbers are better, he made the Sept. debate. He's certainly not establishment.

Bernie polls pretty well, and still seems to be in all the debates, despite the vast center-left-wing conspiracy against him.

barfo

7. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    I only watch to see Joe fuck up.

But it is sort of nice, knowing these other guys know they need to kick his ass one of these days.
    That will be a fine day too.

8. jonnyboy

Yang will get screwed somehow, along with the others. It’s going to happen. Cant do it all at once though, it’s a process. Media blackouts, smear campaigns, etc. As the candidates dwindle, the ‘scandals’ against outsiders will bubble up from the swamp, make no mistake. The non establishment candidates WILL disappear.

Bernie is a curious case though, they fucked him and now he’s back from the dead with a vengeance. And so are his supporters. And they’re still pissed. I really can’t call this one with 100% confidence, but here’s my prediction:

It will get down to Bernie, Biden and Warren. That’s when the Bernie smears and scandals will turn up. The media will completely try to discredit him at every turn and if they succeed, the Democratic establishment will be down to two establishment tools for the people to fight over to give them illusion that they actually have a choice.

9. barfo

Sure, that's why the media right now is focused mostly on Biden's 'gaffes'. They hate him because he's an outsider. Right?

Or maybe he's just getting the negative press a frontrunner always seems to get.

Gabbard and Yang are mostly getting ignored now because they are polling in low single digits. If either ever becomes the frontrunner, they will indeed get a ton of negative press, because they'll then be the focus. And yes, maybe we will then find out what skeletons they have hidden, if any. And how they handle that will determine whether they go on.

I just don't buy your conspiracy theory, at least not as the primary driver of outcomes. People vote, that's what chooses the nominee.

barfo

10. jonnyboy

Wait, where was the conspiracy theory? I was making a prediction for the future, not a theory about something that already happened.

Unless you’re referring to the whole Bernie getting fucked by the DNC thing. That’s not a conspiracy theory. That was just a conspiracy. People actually do conspire at times, despite how naughty you try to make the phrase ‘conspiracy theory’ sound. Not all conspiracies are theories.

VanillaGorilla likes this.
  11. jonnyboy

Over simplify much? Tell this to your Russian Collusion peddling buddies.

12. barfo

I didn't know the term 'conspiracy theory' could only be applied to the past. Very well. Your prediction for the future seems to involve a conspiracy. Better?

That's absolutely true. But your prediction, since it's about the future, pretty much has to be a theory at this point. And it's a theory about a conspiracy. But I won't call it a conspiracy theory.

barfo

13. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
  14. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Saw 16 last time around.

Good times.

15. ABM

ABM Happily Married In Music City, USA!

Commercial Real Estate
    Sure beats a vast center-right-wing conspiracy.

16. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Yeah, if only Yang hadn't espoused the $1,000 a month thing. Not that its a bad idea in itself, just that it won't go over well with the general electorate. Based on that, I'd be real nervous about him running against Trump.

17. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Too many. Would have been better had the field been winnowed down sooner.

Chris Craig likes this.
  18. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    At least this part is interesting and has some ideas. Im bracing myself to be utterly ashamed when it comes down to the rhetoric espoused the last 3-5 months before the general election.

Its gotten so bad the last couple elections they aren't just attacking each other, they’re attacking the voters, who vote for their opposition.

I believe we are hurtling down a path towards another civil war and I really wish we’d find politicians that wanted to bring the country together instead of divide it even further.

19. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

maxresdefault (1).jpg

20. Hoopguru

Barfo, you don think there was a conspiracy by Hillary's party to get her the nomination over the burn?
    I think the public seen it for what it was and helped Trump win. Its almost laughable that the democrats thought the people would just let her off the hook. Bernie should have been the nominee in 16 but I still don't think he would have won.