Politics 2020 Field - DNC

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Further, Jan 1, 2019.

1. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

oh, and they'll end up losing anyway. lolz

2. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    I use to work in that building. Did you know they have their own weather in there? And yes, it was the largest building in the world back then and they made it bigger to accommodate the 777. One time I was looking for mockup. Mockup is the area where they have a jumbo jet fuselage for each model without the wings so they can try out stuff to see if it fits such as wiring harnesses. I knew roughly what area Mockup was in and still couldn't find it. Mockup alone would be a large building in itself. I had to ask directions to find mockup, that's how big that building is. I believe the tail of a 747, aka vertical stabilizer, is 130 feet off the ground.

Back when I worked there they had very very few tours go thru.

My last couple days of working at Boeing, I spent wandering that building just so I could burn it into my memory. I put a lot of hard work into building those planes. Working in that building is going to ruin you if you're not in good physical condition. There's a lot of walking around, climbing up and down long staircases and clambering around inside half built airplanes. I would go back to the office sweating profusely.

Very proud of what I did both in the military part and the airplane part of the company. Got a lot done.

One time I got into a friendly argument with a mechanic who had worked there ten years. I had just started in the airplane side of things having just 6 mos. of experience doing that. We were going over a drawing that had 'F' size drawings and about 1,100 sheets. We spent the better part of a day trying to figure out the hydraulics. Well, he was confused on the hydraulics. After nearly the entire day he said that I was right and we had to tear out the entire hydraulics and put in the ones I contended were the correct ones. That felt really good.

Another time, they installed the wrong landing gear. I fixed that, too.

There were always dozens of little problems that I got to fix.

HailBlazers likes this.
  3. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Well, when it was built, the building was so massive, rain clouds were said to have accumulated near the roof. But, this plant and probably most other plants that build planes, have a built in circulation system to keep moisture out of the air. Airplanes are composed of millions of components, and the last thing you want is for them to rust.

4. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Amy Klobuchar reportedly ordered staffer to clean comb after she used it to eat salad

By Brooke Singman | Fox News

Amy Klobuchar allegedly mistreated staffers, sees difficulty getting team for 2020 run: report

Democratic presidential candidate Amy Klobuchar on Friday faced fresh accusations of belittling staffers, with a new report relaying a bizarre allegation that she'd berated a staff member for failing to bring her a fork with her salad.

The alleged confrontation, as reported by The New York Times, got weird.

According to the newspaper, the aide who neglected to get plastic utensils for Senator Klobuchar, D-Minn., committed the affront at an airport while traveling to South Carolina in 2008. Klobuchar not only chastised the aide, but reportedly proceeded to eat the salad using a comb from her bag -- then handed the comb to the aide and told him to clean it.

The anecdote swiftly became social media fodder late Friday, but also added to the many claims of Klobuchar demeaning staff members over the course of her Senate career.

A spokesperson for Klobuchar did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment on the Times article, which contained other accounts of the senator tearing into staff.

According to the report, former aides said she was "not just demanding, but often dehumanizing."

Another recent report said Klobuchar often criticized staffers and directed them to “only speak when spoken to” at events. The Huffington Post reported that the conduct got to a point that then-Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., told her to change her behavior.

During an interview with Fox News' Bret Baier last week, though, Klobuchar said she spoke with Reid, and “he doesn’t remember that and I don’t remember that either.”

[​IMG]Video
    But according to a Buzzfeed News report, numerous staffers said Klobuchar routinely sent late-night emails and berated subordinates over minor details and missteps. The report also said, "one aide was accidentally hit with a flying binder, according to someone who saw it happen, though the staffer said the senator did not intend to hit anyone with the binder when she threw it."

When asked about the report that she threw a binder, she did not flat-out deny it.

"I don't know, it's all anoymous. I will say that I'm proud of our staff," Klobuchar told Fox News last week. "And yes, I can be a tough boss, and push people -- that's obvious. But that's because I have high expectations of myself, I have high expectations of those who work for me, and I have a high expectation for our country. My chief of staff has worked for me for six years, my state director for seven years, my campaign manager for 14 years."

Asked specifically whether she had thrown a binder at someone, Klobuchar responded: "If you look at that story, I think you'll see it said something about me throwing a binder down -- not at somebody," Klobuchar said. "I just know that I should be judged, and I will take responsibility for, everything that happens on this campaign."
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/am...fer-to-clean-comb-after-using-it-to-eat-salad

5. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

UncleCliffy'sDaddy We're all Bozos on this bus.

She’s a frickin’ Girl Scout next to Trump. And the right pisses and moans about how scurrilous the media is towards Republicans. Pot meet kettle. Right now Klobuchar is far and away the most qualified Democratic candidate in the race and this kind of hit piece illustrates just how seriously the Republicans take her viability. I worked 26 years for a boss that makes Ms. Klobuchar look like Casper Milquetoast. It made me a better employee, which in turn made him a more effective employee. If Klobuchar has a fault it’s that she hired too many underachievers in need of safe spaces. IMHO she’s the perfect foil to take on an asshole like Trump. Bring it on.

riverman likes this.
  6. Lanny

Fox News is a rag.

riverman likes this.
  7. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla Well-Known Member

It won't be Biden.

8. SlyPokerCat

SlyPokerCat cats rool dogs drool

I watched Andrew Yang on Joe Rogan's podcast. Came away very impressed. He is a very smart guy. Give the podcast a listen.

riverman and SlyPokerDog like this.
  9. EL PRESIDENTE

Is that the universal basic income cuck?

Chinese plant to further future genocide.

MARIS61 and bodyman5000 and 1 like this.
  10. EL PRESIDENTE

VAT should be for universal healthcare, not giving everyone a grand a month.

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  11. SlyPokerCat

He is very well spoken. When hosts have tried to bait him on Fox News he owns them. I'm looking forward to hearing him at the debates.

riverman likes this.
  12. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Epic vetting failure by DNC. Dems keep bringing forth the most despicable cretins imaginable to "lead the nation".

Young Beto O'Rourke wrote 'murder fantasy' about running over children, was part of famed hacking group: report
    By Liam Quinn | Fox News

A 15-year-old Beto O’Rourke once wrote a "murder fantasy" short story about running over two children with a car, according to a new report that also revealed the now-presidential candidate was a member of a famous hacking group.

The details were uncovered in a Reuters report on the “Cult of the Dead Cow,” a famous group of hackers credited with inventing the term “hacktivism.” Reuters revealed that O'Rourke, who joined the Democratic presidential primary race on Thursday, was a member, while reporting, "there is no indication that O’Rourke ever engaged in the edgiest sorts of hacking activity, such as breaking into computers."

But the report also revealed that teenage Beto, in connection with the group, wrote stories under the name “Psychedelic Warlord” -- writings that remain online.

One piece in particular detailed the narrator's murder spree, as part of his goal seeking "the termination of everything that was free and loving." The piece described the first kill as the murder of two children crossing the street.

It reads: “Then one day, as I was driving home from work, I noticed two children crossing the street. They were happy, happy to be free from their troubles. I knew, however, that this happiness and sense of freedom were much too overwhelming for them.

“This happiness was mine by right. I had earned it in my dreams. As I neared the young ones, I put all my weight on my right foot, keeping the accelerator pedal on the floor until I heard the crashing of the two children on the hood, and then the sharp cry of pain from one of the two. I was so fascinated for a moment, that when after I had stopped my vehicle, I just sat in a daze, sweet visions filling my head.

“My dream was abruptly ended when I heard a loud banging on the front window. It was an old man, who was using his cane to awaken me. He might have been a witness to my act of love. I was not sure, nor did I care. It was simply ecstasy. As I drove home, I envisioned myself committing more of these 'acts of love,' and after a while, I had no trouble carrying them out. The more people I killed, the longer my dreams were. ... I had killed nearly 38 people by the time of my twenty-third birthday, and each one was more fulfilling than the last.”

Fox News has asked O'Rourke's campaign for comment.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/be...ildren-was-part-of-famed-hacking-group-report

13. Lanny

15 years old, you say. I think they hang them in N. Korea at 15.
    Thank God I never did anything dumb when I was 15.

14. The Professional Fan

The Professional Fan Big League Scrub

Trump is a rapist

Lanny likes this.
  15. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Well-Known Member

16. SlyPokerCat

Fictional made up stories are worse than real life actions. Duhhhhhh.

The Professional Fan likes this.
  17. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
  18. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

It's hilarious that you think that reflects badly upon anyone but you and the two guys in the video.

barfo

riverman, Lanny and SlyPokerCat like this.
  19. Lanny

Worthless

20. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

Some random thoughts:

1) This is way too early to start the campaign.
    2) Dems have a lot of interesting candidates, and there are significant differences in policy, vision, and experience.
    3) R's are clearly scared most of Beto, although I'm not sure that really makes sense.
    4) I wonder if spending money attacking Beto right now will look in hindsight like Dems attacking Jeb! in 2016.
    5) I don't see how Dems avoid a brokered convention. With this many candidates, and the changes they instituted, nobody is likely to win enough delegates in the primaries.
    6) I hope that no matter which candidate emerges from the convention, democrats will support him or her, instead of pouting. Yes, I'm looking at you, Hillary supporters of 2008 and Bernie supporters of 2016.
    7) I don't have a favorite yet.

barfo

riverman likes this.