Politics 2020 Field - DNC

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Further, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Road Ratt

Road Ratt King of my own little world

The next president who doesn't address the real concerns of Americans isn't going to last long.

The damn is bursting on this Gig economy, the homeless are piling up faster now under Trump than they were under Obama.

This is the f*cking America both parties gave us...

Hoopguru likes this.
  2. GhostOfPGA

GhostOfPGA The late great Paul Allen

Homelessness is such a complex issue, mental illness, and drug use being the main culprit. It’s hard to help a lot of these people when they really don’t want to be helped. It’s really sad, it needs to be tackled in a bipartisan way, because we need ALL ideas on the table.

Hoopguru likes this.
  3. Road Ratt

Sorry, but it's not a complex issue.

They straight up don't f*cking care. Sorry for the language, it's not meant for you, but it is true. If they cared they would direct money to the issue and it would no longer be a problem. Simple as that.

They can send plenty of money to the military, to their pork projects, build a wall, they can give the wealthiest a tax break... yet America can't afford to get it's homeless off the streets. (It's embarrassing to see how badly we treat our own citizens here in the U.S. .)

Yes, we can.

(If only the war on poverty was a real war, then we would be putting money into it. - Cornel West)

Chris Craig likes this.
  4. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla Well-Known Member

5. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    I don't think she has a constituency. She's neither the establishment favorite nor the liberal favorite. The idea of "lanes" is overused and she (or another candidate) could win by simply appealing across the spectrum, rather than clearing out and then winning a "lane," but she doesn't appear to be the most popular candidate. She seems pretty strong on paper--advocating for similar social programs as Bernie Sanders but having the technocratic appeal that Barack Obama had. But she's not nearly as magnetic as Obama was and she's neither going to win the more liberal voters away from Sanders nor the more moderate voters away from Buttigieg, Klobuchar or Bloomberg.

6. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

This just in, sometimes people make mistakes of judgment...but that alone should not define them, especially if they acknowledge the mistake.

Can't really think of a POTUS who never made a mistake/miscalculation, either before they were elected or while they were serving.

Stevenson and Hoopguru like this.
  7. ABM

ABM Happily Married In Music City, USA!

Commercial Real Estate
  8. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Well-Known Member

Nice of you to forgive Donnie.

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  9. VanillaGorilla

Assuming you're talking about Bloomberg, one of the most racist policies in the last 30 years is a pretty bad mistake that would have been pretty easy to stop if he had any kind of decent judgement in the first place.

Also, has he reversed his stance on the Koch brothers (or other billionaires) using their money to influence government on a large scale? Because that's pretty much the number one issue in my eye. It should not ever be allowed to happen. Period.

SlyPokerCat likes this.
  10. yankeesince59

Opinions vary...get used to Bloomberg...sorry, but he's not going away...mistakes or not, he's still a MUCH better option than Trump.

11. Road Ratt

In my opinion, replacing one racist in office with another racist isn't better. Bloomberg's stop and frisk was an act of cruelty towards minorities. He may have inherited it, but under Bloomberg it's use went up 7 fold.

12. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    The enthusiasm by some Democrats for Bloomberg confuses me. Bloomberg is someone who considered running as a Republican at various points in his career. He's clearly at least slightly right of center and his viewpoints on race relations are problematic at best. I understand why conservatives would think he's great (for a Democrat, anyway), but why would you want him as the standard-bearer for the Democratic party if you're at all left of center?

SlyPokerCat and VanillaGorilla like this.
  13. yankeesince59

Wait, just because Bloomberg made that error in judgment does not by default, make him, "a racist".

And just how do we know exactly who is and who isn't a racist?...we don't. There are many people who go out of their way to loudly proclaim that they're not racist, and they may not intend to be, but in fact deep down inside they very likely have some racial tendencies/ideas.

And does anyone really believe that Bloomberg is somehow on the same level as Trump?...really?

Hoopguru likes this.
  14. Road Ratt

Bloomberg's own words make him a racist. Have you not listened to the audio?

Bloomberg only changed his position because he knew stop and frisk would be problematic on a presidential run since it was such a "controversial" policy.

VanillaGorilla likes this.
  15. VanillaGorilla

16. VanillaGorilla

17. yankeesince59

Yes, I did hear the audio...and again, a bad decision does not make him a racist...nor does that sound bite. Trump is even trying to use it as a weapon vs Bloomberg...that in itself should tell us something.

And if Bloomberg is such a racist, why did Obama align himself with Bloomberg...and no, money is not the answer. Would Obama really do that if he truly felt that Bloomberg's actions were racist and done with actual intent and malice?

Sometimes people hear things or say things that supports their personal opinion/narrative and they run with it without looking deeper with an open mind.

And I'll ask again, does Bloomberg's mistake put him on the same level as Trump?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  18. Road Ratt

Sorry, now you are just defending Bloomberg's racism.

Edit: I have a very open mind. I don't hate Trump, Bloomberg, or any of them. I do see their corruption, racism, etc. . I see it in both the republican and democrat parties (The way it should be no matter what party you support, of which I support neither.).

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  19. yankeesince59

Why, just because I don't see things the way you do?...I could use the same logic towards you...but I won't, because I know it is flawed.

20. Road Ratt

Racism isn't by opinion.

It wasn't by accident that stop and frisk went up 7 fold under his direction. Michael Bloomberg hates minorities.