Politics 2020 Field - DNC

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Further, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

No, economics is the main culprit

2. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

Actually, in this case racism is by opinion...and as I said earlier, opinions vary.

So you are flat out saying that Bloomberg acted with malice towards minorities?...this is a relevant question.

...are you aware of who was committing the large majority of violent crimes in NY at the time?....do you know what the results were?

And have you ever personally done or said or even thought of anything that could in any way be remotely construed as "racist".

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  3. GhostOfPGA

GhostOfPGA The late great Paul Allen

It’s kinda hard to get and keep a job if youre addicted to drugs and/or have a debilitating mental illness.

4. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Not everyone who is homeless has an addiction or mental illness. I was once homeless and I had neither.

5. Road Ratt

Road Ratt King of my own little world

Bloomberg's own words along with his ramping up of stop and frisk under his administration shows his racism. It's not rocket science.

Enough beating this dead horse. :deadhorse:

And have you ever personally done or said or even thought of anything with sheep that could in any way be remotely construed as "creepy"? :bgrin:

Seriously though, it would be illogical to go down this road with anyone.

On a side note: I am Aspergian as f*ck. I have an odd sense of humor, as you can see. My bluntness comes off as hatred and many other things to other people online. But that is not the case. I am just misconstrued is all.

Take it easy.

6. oldfisherman

oldfisherman Unicorn Wrangler

First, sorry to read life came at you so hard. But a huge congratulations for turning it around. It must take a Dame Lillard level of drive and fight to get through what you had to deal with, and make it out.

Do you feel comfortable answering a personal question? I place a higher value on first hand experience than news reports.

What % of homeless do you believe has an addiction and/or mental illness?

7. yankeesince59

Well, I've asked you legit questions but you've decided to hunk and peck...I'll ask for the 3rd time, do you think Bloomberg's policies were enforced with actual malice and forethought?

Just because Bloomberg or anyone else did something that may be perceived as a detriment to a certain group of people does not mean it was intentionally racist...and again for the 3rd time, the majority of the offenders in violent crimes were in fact minorities...and like it or not, his policies did have a dramatic effect in reduction of the crime rate.

And this is not a "dead horse"...the horse/subject is quite alive and likely will be for awhile. And the racist question I posed to you also had the desired effect and I'm not surprised you would not answer...by not answering you gave me the answer I was looking for and helped with proving my point.

Sorry, but no, Bloomberg does not "hate minorities" as you claimed.

8. Road Ratt

The answer shouldn't be so difficult to see from my posts. It's pretty obvious that Bloomberg knew he was racially targeting minorities.

https://www.npr.org/2020/02/11/8047...sk-them-bloomberg-s-2015-race-talk-stirs-deba

A federal court in New York in 2013 found that stop and frisk systemically violated the civil rights of tens of thousands of mostly black and Hispanic men in New York. The judge called the practice "indirect racial profiling" of young men of color.

Annual Stop-and-Frisk Numbers:
    An analysis by the NYCLU revealed that innocent New Yorkers have been subjected to police stops and street interrogations more than 5 million times since 2002, and that Black and Latinx communities continue to be the overwhelming target of these tactics. At the height of stop-and-frisk in 2011 under the Bloomberg administration, over 685,000 people were stopped. Nearly nine out of 10 stopped-and-frisked New Yorkers have been completely innocent.

https://www.nyclu.org/en/stop-and-frisk-data

I made the joke about your post in order to show you how silly of a question it was.

By using your very own logic... should I now infer that you have given me the answer to my question by not answering it? o_O

9. yankeesince59

lol...why won't you answer the question?...it wasn't silly, it was a legit question, so why not answer it...you and I both know why. Because if you say "no", you are likely not telling the truth and if you say "yes", it likely means you are being hypocritical. And you also completely skipped the "malice" part.

If you are mayor of NY and you are committed to reducing the violent crime rate, you logically should concentrate your efforts where the largest problem is, which is exactly what Bloomberg did by canvassing the problem areas and those problem areas were where mostly minorities resided. Police officers cruising known problem areas are much more likely to encounter minorities, no?...pretty simple concept.

You also continue to refuse to acknowledge that Bloomberg's policy did exactly what it was designed to do which was to reduce the violent crime rate in NYC. I guess you'll also dodge that point?

If you prefer another candidate instead of Bloomberg, fine...but you are really stretching things by claiming that "Bloomberg hates minorities"...and that's what's really "silly".

10. Road Ratt

And there is why I didn't answer your question. I already knew where you were going with it.

There is no reason to imply that I am a hater, a racist myself, or anything else just because you don't agree with me.

11. yankeesince59

Thanx...without realizing it, you proved my point. And you still refuse to acknowledge that his policies accomplished exactly what they were designed to do, and without malice.

What I don't agree with is your assertion that "Bloomberg hates minorities".

12. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla Well-Known Member

https://www.gq.com/story/bloomberg-sexism/

This is who the Democratic party is embracing. Yikes yikes yikes.

13. Road Ratt

By not answering your question, somehow I answered it for you anyway. That is messed up logic.

I don't feel the need to have anyone piss on my shoes just because they don't like what I have to say.

Goodbye sir.

14. yankeesince59

No, the logic is pretty straightforward...if it did not work out the way you had hoped, I'm sorry.

15. VanillaGorilla

YIKES

Road Ratt likes this.
  16. yankeesince59

Shaun King?...lol.

17. VanillaGorilla

He didn't write the article. The facts are the same regardless of who shared them.

18. Road Ratt

19. yankeesince59

Ahhh, aping someone else's thoughts...harrumph !

20. yankeesince59

Opinions and misleading statements are not facts.

Please do some research on those supposed lawsuits against Bloomberg...and then get back to me.