Game Thread 2022-23 Game #12 BLAZERS @ PELICANS - NOVEMBER 10, 2022 - THURSDAY - 5:00 PM (PDT) ROOT

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Chris Craig, Nov 8, 2022.

1. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

Winslow can essentially play PG and run the offense better than any Blazer not named Dame. Payton can't do that, or at least he never has in the NBA

upload_2022-11-12_9-44-51.png

when I look at the minutes, I think Payton will take 10-15 from the 4 heavy minutes guys....providing he's performing well. And he'll probably take some from Keon & Nas; maybe a few from Watford

but again, that's contingent on him playing well and having an impact. I do think it's a bit of a concern considering how well Portland is playing and the potential for disruption. I never understood the major attraction the Blazers had for Payton, especially not to the level he was worth locking Portland in hard-cap jail. I imagine Chauncey really wanted him and Cronin obliged.

blazerfan11 likes this.
  2. wizenheimer

like I just said in another post: I think Winslow runs the offense better than any Blazer not named Dame; that includes Simons

3. andalusian

andalusian Season - Restarted

I pretty much agree if it comes to getting other people involved / creating for others. Of course, Simons is so deadly with the ball in his hand that overall, I would say that he is still above Winslow in these cases - but Winslow is a gifted passer.

4. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

Yes, Hart and Grant are more important, which is why they start and Winslow does not.
    Aminu and Hark are not good examples because they seldom created shots for others because they had poor handles.
    No one is saying he needs to play 30 minutes, but there will be some matchups come playoff time where he is going to be important
    to have coming off your bench. Zion and LBJ are good examples....if LeBron gets traded to a playoff team.

5. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

That wouldn't be smart. Somebody here said he was going to be our 2nd best payer by the end of the season I think.

Tince and SIeepwalker like this.
  6. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

I think the more accurate exercise would be to compare how Stotts' last team looked in comparison to the start of the following year with a new coach and a similar roster. As this roster continues to become more versatile in the forward position, and with a 66% change in the teams top 3 players, the comparisons start to be apples to oranges.

The question your asking is incredibly subjective and if I said it would look way better/worse I would have no factual way to back it up. Anyone who did answer, would have to include their bias in their "story" for why the team would be better or worse. Those are pointless debates at that point.

7. THE HCP

This was a lot to read....but 2 words stuck with me..."rankle"....and "gloat" Neither of those apply to me. I'm never happy after a loss, you've never seen that from me on here every. I also am never upset with our success. You've never seen that from me on here as well.
    Curious why you are accusing me of this.
    As far as which teams are doing good and which aren't. My predictions and expectations of players/teams was a SEASON thing..... not 21 days.

oldmangrouch and theprunetang like this.
  8. beast crnjo

beast crnjo Well-Known Member

Looks like chauncy wants to do a 9 man rotation. Maybe he'll expand it when gp2 comes back. Justice does a lot of good things, but his shooting is terrible. But im sure xhauncy loves his defense.

9. beast crnjo

Evan turner was garbage. Winslow is better...they just both have shooting issues that subtract from what rhey bring on d. But turners d was overrated

10. wizenheimer

for trash-talking entertainment, of course....and I think you'd at least admit you've spent a lot of time talking about how talented the Pelicans are while also spending a lot of time 'explaining' why the Blazers were going to be mediocre

11. beast crnjo

JW is like draymond green without a shot.

12. blazerfan11

blazerfan11 Well-Known Member

Draymond Green is better at shooting near the hoop than Winslow.
    Neither is a good three-point shooter. They are nearly identical and just over 30% for their careers.

13. beast crnjo

Yeah, jw was thought to be a potential star, but his low shooting e from all over the court have hurt. I still like him tbough.

14. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

That's fair. I don't know what to use for the Miami game, and the argument is kinda moot since it's clear we're better with him in any facet.

15. blazerfan11

blazerfan11 Well-Known Member

The score was 79-70 when Lillard left the game with 5:10 left in the 3rd quarter against Miami in Portland.

upload_2022-11-12_13-54-39.png

16. KSF-ERIC

KSF-ERIC Well-Known Member

That’ll change if we beat Dallas.

17. THE HCP

The Blazers ARE going to be mediocre. 40 wins…..

18. riverman

riverman Writing Team

IN YOUR DREAMS LAKER FAN!

RickyJoe, swish3, HailBlazers and 2 others like this.